- For the underbarrel attachment in Modern Warfare 2, see Shotgun (attachment)
- For the underbarrel attachment in Black Ops, see Masterkey
A Shotgun is a type of weapon featured in the Call of Duty series. Unlike other firearms, Shotguns fire a volley of multiple pellets at a time, but have a limited range. These traits make Shotguns more powerful than any other type of firearm at close range, where the a large amount of the pellets will connect with the target, allowing for an instant kill. Pellets disappear after reaching a certain range. Shotguns can be pump-action or lever-action, where the user must pump/cycle the lever between shots, or they can be semi-automatic, fully automatic, or break-action. Pump-action/lever-action shotguns usually have a lower rate of fire, but more damage and range, while semi-automatic/fully automatic/break-action shotguns usually have a higher rate of fire, but lower range. In multiplayer modes, shotguns are primary weapons, except in Modern Warfare 2, they are secondary weapons.
List of Shotguns in Call of Duty
- Model 1887 (Singleplayer only)
- KS-23 (Singleplayer only)
- Double Barreled Shotgun (Classic Zombie DLC only)
- M1897 Trenchgun (Classic Zombie DLC only)