Call of Duty: ZOMBIES
The Shovel is a special melee weapon obtained after unlocking all of the huts in the iOS version of Shi No Numa. It is part of the Peter's Grave easter egg. Doing the easter egg grants the Wunderwaffe DG-2 to the player. The Shovel does slightly less damage than the Bowie Knife to regular Zombies but is more powerful on crawlers and Hellhounds than the Bowie Knife.
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
The Shovel appears as a utility in the Zombies map Origins. It allows the player to dig in certain spots, yielding a random result. These include:
- Remington 870 MCS
- A zombie jumping out of the ground
- Mauser C96
- Fire Sale
- Blood Money (power-up)
- A live Frag grenade
- Two live frag grenades
- DSR 50
- Ray Gun (Rare)
- A staff part (When snowing)
- M1911 (Rare)
- Nuke (Rare)
- Max Ammo (Rare)
- Double Points (Rare)
- Insta Kill (Rare)
- Zombie Blood
- AK74u (May require Golden Shovel)
- Golden Helmet (Requires Golden Shovel)
- STG-44 (Requires Golden Shovel)
- MP-40 (May require Golden Shovel)
- A perk slot (Requires Golden Shovel and has to be dug during Zombie Blood)
- The player will never lose the Shovel in Call of Duty: ZOMBIES, similar to the Bowie Knife in Call of Duty: World at War.
- In Call of Duty: Black Ops II, the Shovel cannot be used to damage a zombie, since its primary purpose is to dig.
- The shovel takes up the same inventory slot as the Navcards.
- The shovel can be upgraded into the gold shovel by digging a set amount of spots. This allows the player to dig up better items that appear next to the shovel in the inventory.
- As seen above, if the player has the Golden Shovel and is in Zombie Blood, some dig spots will be glowing orange. If these are dug up, an empty perk bottle will appear. Once it has been grabbed, the player may then go and get a fifth (or sixth, etc, if the Rituals of the Ancients challenge has been fullfilled) perk from the Der Wunderfizz machine. If the player repeatedly does this, they will be able to obtain all 9 perks