- "Small desert arena. Great fast gameplay for small numbers of players."
- — In-game description
Showdown is a small multiplayer map featured in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. The map quite closely resembles the courtyard where President Yasir Al-Fulani was executed by Khaled Al-Asad in campaign, except for the statue and a few other changes. The map was added to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered on December 13th, 2016.
Showdown is set in the desert, centered around a courtyard surrounded by a two-level structure. There are four entrances from the courtyard to its outer ring, which is divided by large gates.
Similarly to other small maps, matches in Showdown end fairly quickly compared to matches in other larger maps. Grenades are often thrown in all directions as there is a good chance enemies will be caught in the blasts.
The courtyard in this map is exposed to enemies from almost all directions. As a result, this area is generally avoided by players.
Old School Mode Edit
Showdown appears in Old School Mode as a supported map. It features a total of 10 sprites.
- Desert Eagle - Found at the eastern edge of the map.
- Mini-Uzi w/ Red Dot Sight - Found at the south-eastern corner of the map.
- M60E4 w/ Red Dot Sight - Found in the eastern tunnel.
- AK-47 w/ GP-25 - Found in the center courtyard.
- Last Stand - Found in the western tunnel.
- Frag Grenade - Found at the western edge of the map.
- W1200 w/ Red Dot Sight - Found at the north-western corner of the map.
- Double Tap - Found on the northern balcony.
- RPG-7 - Found on the eastern balcony.
- M21 w/ ACOG Scope - Found in the western room of the balcony with the skylight.
- In the Remastered version, the player can find a red chicken inside of a cage on the roof of the main building.
- In the Remastered version, an inanimate rat can be found up the staircase next to the market area. When it is shot, it produces sparks.