- "In the shadow of Devil’s Tower, Wyoming, this abandoned motel’s open layout amplifies its creep factor. Blast your way through the clown inn with close-quarters battles or use long-range site-lines from the mining facilities and natural terrain. Use the map-based scorestreak to activate the lights, music, and magic of the clown marquee and rain down a barrage of rainbow smoke-trailed cannonballs."
- — Gamestop Description
Sideshow is a map in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, and was released in the Havoc DLC. It is set at Devil's Tower in Wyoming and pits players in a crazy over the top colorful motel with nightmarish clowns and a manical clown marquee as the maps dynamic feature.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Visually, the map is stunningly colorful. A lot of visual elements stand out, such as highly detailed decor. The map features scary looking elements such as the human formed develish clown. Not only is the marquee a dynamic feature, it'll be a very memorable location for players to venture in due to its unique design. All offensive playing styles can be used in each area. Tactically and offensively, it features a lot of long lanes, lines of sight, heavy assault points, jump spots and flanking areas. It is divided into four sections, first being the abandoned train set and small building structures with broken down train carts and open interiors to get in buildings though most of the action takes place outside. A small bridge is connected to the streets and motel area. Use it as an advantage for flanking and sneaking enemies. Second is the streets, probably the most hazardous combat area. With wide, open spaces and long lanes of fire, these areas are very suitable for long range weapons, as well as obtaining Longshot medals. Staying in the open is ill advised, as players will be vulnerable for virtually all sides. The third spot is the motel, offering the highest vantage point on the map. If players are equipped with Assault Rifles, they may pick off good kills on the lower buildings by the restrooms and car wash. Use some of the building as either coverage or misdirection. Take caution on both second and third areas because those will be the heaviest sections and deadliest engagements. The fourth section is the rocky railway. It's set outside with a railway and rocky formations that can be used as an alternative pathway and flanking points.
Since almost all sections are dangerously chaotic, gamemodes such as Capture the Flag, Domination and Uplink will be heavily active. In Domination, the C flag is located besides an abandoned train cart near the train set. As an advantage, using the train cart while capturing is a good source of coverage. The A flag is located at the side of a building next to the streets, in front of a small parking lot and leading to the rocky railway. There's less coverage around the area due to the available space it is set on so utilizing the building as either a cover point or defensive position must only be used at one's risk. It is probably the flag that players may capture first. The B Flag is located in the motel area next to a building structure and the maniacal clown marquee. Again, using the building must be utilize at one's risk due to the fact it'll attract enemy players and leaving them exposed to heavy fire. Most of the buildings where the A and B Flag will be offensive/defensive sniper position, one must actively alerted to any cost when venturing the area.
Map Dynamics[edit | edit source]
- In the center, as stated above, features a Manical Clown marquee. At random points during the game, it will tip its hat off and start shooting out Cannonballs that will land in different parts of the map. These bombs can be picked up by players and launched, or left on the ground. If thrown or left untouched for a certain amount of time, it will violently explode in a large explosion that deals high damage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The bombs from the clown use similar physics to the Uplink Satellite, though it can only be thrown and not passed. Interestingly, killing a player holding a bomb will earn the Firewall medal, which is award for killing the satellite-holder in Uplink.
- There is a sign behind Atlas's spawn, and it says "WARNING; DON'T BOOST; DON'T DODGE; DON'T SLIDE; UNMARKED MINE SHAFTS". The sign references the Exo Mechanics called boosting, dodging, and sliding.
- There is an ice cream truck in a ditch behind the inn with a clown head on top. This is a reference to the title car from the video game Twisted Metal, which belongs to a clown named Sweet Tooth.
- Sideshow is based off a real life haunted clown themed motel located in Tonopah, Nevada.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]