- "Provides a momentary glimpse of enemies within the blast radius."
- — Create-A-Class Description.
The Snapshot Grenade is a tactical grenade featured in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
When thrown, the grenade will bounce off surfaces until it runs out of momentum, at which point the propeller on top of the grenade will activate, lifting the grenade into mid-air. It then explodes in a flash of light, highlighting enemy silhouettes, regardless of line-of-sight. Enemies will also be pinged on the user's Minimap, similar to a Sensor Grenade.
Enemies with Battle Hardened will not show up on-screen or on the minimap, but will be shown as a hitmarker with the Battle Hardened icon. The Cold-Blooded perk grants immunity against Snapshot Grenades.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Mini-map ping doesn't account for height, meaning enemies above the blast radius won't show up on the thrower's screen but they will show up on the minimap.
- If the player throws a Snapshot Grenade and is destroyed by an enemy Trophy System, nearby enemy targets aren't highlighted but the player who threw it is.
- The Snapshot Grenade is based on Joe Cecot's idea which is inspired from the disco ball toy which senses the ground with an IR sensor and flies with a pair of propellers.
Gallery[edit | edit source]