- "Retrieve sensitive material and rescue survivors of a downed Osprey."
- — Level Description
- "Deep behind enemy lines, an allied flight crew helplessly awaits their fate at a nearby crash site. Pairing up a soldier on the ground and a helicopter gunner equipped with care packages, the Special Ops mission objective is to overcome the enemy resistance and rescue the allied crew."
- — Call of Duty ELiTE description
Special Delivery is the final downloadable Special Ops Mission Mode challenge in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, it is part of Content Pack 8, which was released to Xbox 360 Elite Premium Members on August 7, 2012. The reasoning behind this mission is that it "merges mechanics from Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer mode to create an entirely new experience." One player is on the ground and fights against Ultranationalists, Juggernauts and Dogs, while the other player controls a V-22 Osprey to provide air support and drop Care Packages for the player on the ground to help him out, such as dropping in an XM25, Self Revives, and Sentry Guns.
Handle with Care (10 / Bronze Trophy ) - Complete the "Special Delivery" Special Ops mission on any difficulty.
Deliver This (25 / Bronze Trophy ) - Complete the "Special Delivery" Special Ops mission on Veteran difficulty.
Discriminating Buyer (15 / Bronze Trophy ) - Use exactly one of each care package in the "Special Delivery" Special Ops mission.
Untouchable (25 / Silver Trophy ) - Use only one self revive care package in the "Special Delivery" Special Ops mission.
|Found in level|
These weapons can be found in the level with or without attachments.
- All of the Juggernauts in this mission have noticeably less health than the Juggernauts in other missions.
- Outside the map is a second, stationary Osprey Gunner.
- The soldier at the end can appear with a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Ranger body and a Delta Force head.
- The Mi-17 choppers explode instantly instead of spinning out of the map when shot down with the M203 or the XM25. Also when playing in co-op, they will simply go away without stopping to drop enemy troops.
- Most of the Juggernauts reuse the skin from Modern Warfare 2.
- The care packages has the Task Force 141 emblem of MW2 on it.