- "Living the fast life. That's the way I roll!"
- — "Tank" Dempsey
Speed Cola is a Perk-a-Cola featured in Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Black Ops II and Call of Duty: Black Ops III in the Zombies game mode and in Call of Duty Online's Cyborg Rising mode. Speed Cola is similar to the multiplayer perk Sleight of Hand, mirroring its effect of decreasing the time it takes to reload by 50%. Additionally, it will greatly increase the rate at which barriers are rebuilt. (barrier rebuild speed is not affected by the Call of Duty: Black Ops II variant of this perk). On the map Moon, it also speeds up the hacking speed for the Hacker.
Speed Cola costs 3000 points, making it the third most expensive Perk-a-Cola (along with Vulture Aid), behind Mule Kick and Widow's Wine. Its effect is most useful and noticeable on weapons with slow reload times, such as light machine guns, shotguns, and some wonder weapons, but due to its high cost, it is ill-advised to purchase without Juggernog unless in dire need. The vending machine from which Speed Cola is purchased has a green and white color scheme. The color for this perk is green, and the icon is a hand holding a weapon magazine, similar to the Sleight of Hand perk. Speed Cola appears in every Zombies map excluding Nacht der Untoten (World at War and Black Ops version), Bus Depot (Survival Mode) and Dead Ops Arcade and Dead Ops Arcade 2: Cyber's Avengening.
In Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, although the perk machine does not appear in any map, it can be obtained as a modifier after buying four perks.
In Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, the perk increases reload speed by 15% when not upgraded. When upgraded to Tier 1 it allows the player swap weapons faster while at Tier 2 it recharges the player's Field Upgrade 20% faster. At Tier 3 the perk increases the player's reload speed by 30%. At Tier 4 the player repairs barricades fast and the Mystery Box settles faster, and at Tier 5 the player can fire and reload while sprinting at full speed.
- 1 Locations
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Gallery
- 4 Trivia
- 5 References
- Verrückt - In the room between the right balcony and the kitchen.
- Shi No Numa - Will spawn randomly in one of the four huts.
- Der Riese - In the second courtyard, where the FG42 can be purchased.
- Kino der Toten - In the foyer, close to the MP40.
- Five - Next to the starting room, near the elevator.
- Ascension - Near the Lunar Lander closest to the rocket and the Pack-a-Punch Machine; located near the top of the stairs where the M16 and the Sickle are. Can also be obtained from a Random Perk Bottle by finishing a Space Monkey round without having a perk machine attacked.
- Call of the Dead - Behind the lighthouse, at the end of the Ice Slide. Can also be obtained from a Random Perk Bottle by killing George A. Romero.
- Shangri-La - Near the wooden bridge and the Mud-Pit Maze, or near to the MPL (changes the spawn place with Juggernog). Can also be obtained from a Random Perk Bottle by killing a Zombie Monkey as it cycles the power-up it stole.
- Moon - In Area 51. Changes places with Juggernog every time the player returns to Area 51. Can also be obtained from a Random Perk Bottle by either repeatedly jumping on the bounce pads or spawning it with a QED.
- Green Run Locations:
- Nuketown Locations:
- Nuketown Zombies - Spawn randomly along with the other perks.
- Great Leap Forward Locations:
- Die Rise - Spawns randomly in one of the two elevator shafts either down the hall from the initial spawn, or in the room two stories below where the Trample Steam is constructed, accessed by removing a couch obstacle. It shares these positions between games with Who's Who. Can also be obtained from a Random Perk Bottle by finishing a Jumping Jack round with 100% accuracy.
- Alcatraz Locations:
- Resolution 1295 Locations:
- Excavation Site 64 Locations:
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- Shadows of Evil - Spawned randomly at one of the three perk spawn locations. it shares position with Juggernog and Double Tap.
- The Giant - Spawned randomly at any of the Perk-a-Cola machine locations, aside from the hidden machine.
- Der Eisendrache - Inside the church, to the left right beside a staircase.
- Zetsubou No Shima - Randomizes locations with Double Tap and Stamin-Up.
- Gorod Krovi - In the balcony of the Supply Depot building.
- Revelations - In Verruckt in the room straight forward from the corruption engine.
- Nacht der Untoten (remastered version) - Only obtainable from the Der Wunderfizz machine.
- Verrückt (remastered version) - In the room between the right balcony and the kitchen. Can also be obtained from the Der Wunderfizz machine or the Perkaholic or On the House GobbleGum.
- Shi No Numa (remastered version) - Will spawn randomly in one of the four huts. Can also be obtained from the Der Wunderfizz machine or the Perkaholic or On the House GobbleGum.
- Kino der Toten (remastered version) - In the foyer, close to the Kuda. Can also be obtained from the Der Wunderfizz machine or the Perkaholic or On the House GobbleGum.
- Ascension (remastered version) - Near the Lunar Lander closest to the rocket and the Pack-a-Punch Machine; located near the top of the stairs where the M8A7 and the Sickle are. Can also be obtained from a Random Perk Bottle by finishing a Space Monkey round without having a perk machine attacked. Can also be obtained from the Der Wunderfizz machine or the Perkaholic or On the House GobbleGum.
- Shangri-La (remastered version) - Near the wooden bridge and the Mud-Pit Maze, or near to the MPL (changes the spawn place with Juggernog). Can also be obtained from a Random Perk Bottle by killing a Zombie Monkey as it cycles the power-up it stole.
- Moon (remastered version) - In Area 51. Changes places with Juggernog every time the player returns to Area 51. Can also be obtained from a Random Perk Bottle by either repeatedly jumping on the bounce pads or spawning it with a QED.
- Origins (remastered verison) - Across a small wooden platform near Generator 3 inside of the giant robot's footprint. It is advised to be conscientious of the robots when purchasing this perk. Can also be obtained at Der Wunderfizz or the Perkaholic or On the House GobbleGum.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- Die Maschine - In the Medical Bay.
- Firebase Z - On the top floor of the Data Center, near the exit to the Rocky Defense.
- Outbreak - Can be purchased from Der Wunderfizz or randomly acquired from a Random Perk power-up. It can also be obtained as a Legendary reward from the Trials system.
- Mauer der Toten - On the Korber Rooftop.
- Forsaken - On the Anytown Rooftops.
The Speed Cola machine is large, with a green and white paint job. On the front of the machine, the quote "Drink Speed Cola" and "Ice Cold" is seen on it. Under the quote, there is a coin slot. To the right are 6 compartments for holding bottles, but the machine itself only holds 3 bottles in the bottom 3 compartments. This doesn't change if a player buys this perk. On the top of the machine is a circular sign, with the Speed Cola icon.
The version in Call of Duty Online looks different, with a more modern soda machine design. It is white on the sides and green on the front. It doesn't have the circle on top with the Speed Cola logo on it. On the front there are two white lines twisting around each other. The lettering on the machine is in white instead of red and is sideways. It also features different colored buttons that someone would press to dispense different types of drinks.
After an update to Call of Duty Online, the machine now looks completely different. It looks somewhat alien-like, sporting four green tubes on its sides and a grey finish. Also, its icon is now purple instead of green, and the icon is sideways so it looks like a diamond.
As with all returning perks in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Speed Cola sports an all-new design while still remaining similar to the original. Whilst the machine retains a mostly green and white color scheme, it is now decorated with various flowers, as well as sporting a new 70's themed logo. Replacing the bottle compartments in the original machine, there are instead 3 compartments with what appears to be fluid from a lava lamp, with a few cans of Speed Cola floating within. Overall, the design seems to be inspired by the "hippie" culture within the United States during the 1970's.
- Richtofen and Takeo show a particular fondness for this perk as they constantly praise its taste.
- The bottles the machine dispenses say Sleight of Hand Soda instead of Speed Cola.
- In Call of Duty: Black Ops II the labels on the speed cola bottles read "Speed Cola Soda" instead of "Sleight of Hand Soda."
- The backing track used for the Speed Cola jingle comes from a stock track entitled "Salsa Feeling B". 
Call of Duty: World at War
- In Call of Duty: World at War, when drinking Speed Cola, the hand is misaligned to the right when the icon appears on the HUD (confirmed on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Black Ops
- When drinking Speed Cola in Kino der Toten, Nikolai Belinski will state that he can see clearer because of it.
- Richard Nixon, when drinking Speed Cola in "Five", will repeatedly say "I'm not a crook!", in reference to Nixon's famous quote.
- In Call of the Dead, the machine appears to be floating in the water as it is not touching the ground.
- In Shangri-La, Nikolai comments that the perk is "spicy".
- According to a quote in Shangri-La, Speed Cola gives "Tank" Dempsey the shakes.
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Richtofen remarks in Green Run that he misses Speed Cola, as evidenced when Samuel approaches the machine with the power on.
- According to Russman in Green Run, Speed Cola has the ability to cure arthritis.
- In Origins, it is said that Speed Cola is sweet as evidenced in some of Dempsey's quotes.
- On Origins, Richtofen makes a comment regarding Speed Cola's perk jingle, despite the fact that no perk jingles are played on Origins.
- Speed Cola, along with Juggernog, Quick Revive, Double Tap Root Beer, Stamin-Up, and Mule Kick, has had its icon that appears in the HUD slightly altered between the release of Die Rise and Mob of the Dead. The background is slightly darker now.
- This perk proves particularly synergistic with the Fast Mag attachment on Pack-a-Punched weapons, as their effects on the reload times will stack, reducing downtime between magazines, and increasing the players' survivability.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- Out of all the Perk jingles Dr. Monty has sang in Revelations, this is the only one he has managed to perfectly execute.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- According to the nutrition facts on the Speed Cola can, one can of Speed Cola contains: 0-60 calories, 0g of total fat, 45g of sodium, 2500g of total carb, 100g of sugars, and 0g of protein.
- According to the ingredients list on the Speed Cola can, Speed Cola contains the following: Carbonated water, glucose, cola nut extract, hydrolyzed crank, caffeine, guarana, taurine, and cayenne pepper.