- "Последний шанс. Играй... или умирай. (Last chance. Play, or die.) "
- — The Spetsnaz Operative before clubbing Bowman to death.
After clubbing Bowman to death with a lead pipe, he and the VC Bookie force Mason and Woods to play Russian Roulette with a Python revolver. When Mason turns the gun on the VC Bookie and takes the bookie's CZ75, he flees through the tunnels attempting to escape. After a brief chase he is killed by Mason, or by Woods if the player doesn't shoot in time, as he tries to pry a door open to escape.
- It is impossible to kill him when he runs from the player and Woods. Even if the player shoots him with the CZ75, he can only be killed when he tries to break the door to escape the cave.
- Oddly enough he shakes the door a lot, assuming that the door is lock but Mason opens the door with one slight push.
- When he is trying to open the door at the end of the tunnel, the player can kill him with a single bullet or even a direct impact from a grenade.
- It is impossible to gib him.
- The Russian's death animation will take the form of a multiple-bullet animation, even if he is shot by one bullet it is always the same during every playthrough, regardless of the weapon used to kill him or where the player has shot him.
- His model is used for the Flak Jacket perk for the Arctic Spetsnaz in multiplayer.
- If the player kills him with a direct hit from a grenade, sometimes his mouth and eyes will still move.
- His voice actor, Dimitri Diatchenko, is the same for Markhov in Call of Duty: World at War.
- Roman Varshavsky, the voice of Vladimir Makarov from the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare series, performed the motion capture for him.
- Actor Hugh Daly was scanned for the face of the Spetsnaz operative.