- "Welcome to the perfect summer getaway. Set in an abandoned water theme park, Splash delivers a new aquatic environment to explore in Multiplayer. With vibrantly colored water-slides, a wrecked pirate ship, and a lazy river ride through a fantastical forgotten city, players can expect to take advantage of underwater combat opportunities in this all-new Call of Duty®: Black Ops III - Awakening DLC map."
- — Official Description
- "Recently abandoned waterpark resort, located in the Southeast United States. Beware the Kraken."
- — Map description.
Splash is set in a vibrant and colorful abandoned waterpark in the U.S. The over the top and varied map design makes it a frantic and fast paced map. The multiple waterslides encircling the map all converge on one spot, forming "choke-point" in the middle of the map. Although it is set in an abandoned waterpark, there are still a few, small underwater areas available for the player to swim through. Medium to Long range weaponry is well suited for this map.
Black Ops Spawn Point
The Black Ops spawn is located at the entrance of the the waterpark. There are a few open buildings near this section that don't see much combat, and thus these structures can be utilized for calling in Scorestreaks or regenerate health.
CDP Spawn Point
The CDP spawn is located near the gate area. There is a restaurant/gift shop near the spawn that functions similarly to the buildings near the Black Ops spawn.
The Skull Bay section of the waterpark makes up the upper right lane of the map. Inside of this section is a pretzel kiosk and surfboard locker that can be used as cover and obscuring the line of sight across the area. There is a building, marked by a giant rock skull, called "Loot" tends to see the fiercest combat in this section of the park. The large body of water along the side of this section can only briefly be used for swimming, as players will be given a warning signal when they enter it.
Kraken's Revenge makes up the middle lane of the map. As with most other three lane maps, heavy fighting between numerous players.
The Kraken's Revenge building has two levels:
- Ground Floor - Leading towards the very "chokepoint" of this lane.
- Second Floor - The very inside of the building. It has a large fracture and a blue slide.
The center portion is what makes this lane hazardous. This is also where the two way underwater area is seen where players can dive in and swim from this lane back to the upper right lane.
On the CDP spawn, similar to the upper right lane, there are two ways when venturing unto the center. Either through the building or on foot through an outdoor structure.
The River Slide is the lower left lane of the map. Not the most populated lane but still expect some activity. Just like the other lanes, there are two routes to enter when spawning on the CDP spawn. A two story building and the river slide itself. It has also has an unnoticeable wall running spot. It is advised that the large fracture of the ship will be secured by enemies. It is also possible to underneath the ship leading to the River Ride entrance.
There aren't a lot of areas used for wall running. Some of the buildings can be used for some opportunities. The rock formations, however, can't be used. There is one uncommon wall run area on the lower left lane. A long sign in front of the ship is situated outside of the map but is actually a wall running spot. Not a lot of player notice it due to how well hidden the sign is.
Players are very vulnerable when securing these position because there isn't any coverage within these locations.
- Position A - Black Ops spawn.
- Position B - In front of Loot building on the upper right lane. It is actually possible to capture the position when hiding behind the wooden fence when anyone leaves the cave area.
- Position C - CDP Spawn Point
Search and Destroy
- Bombsite A - Inside the building leading towards the River Slide on the Left/Lower lane.
- Bombsite B - Upper right lane next to the ground route when entering through the cave.
- Hardpoint 1 - Central portion of the Middle lane next to the Loot building window.
- Hardpoint 2 - Similar to the Bombsite A location.
- Hardpoint 3 - Right/Upper lane near the Skull Bay entrance.
- Hardpoint 4 - Similar to the Position B location but inside the cave.
- If one enters the gift shops, they can see a sign that reads "PLEASE USE PROVIDED PLASTIC BAGGIES FOR AUGMENTED LIMBS".
- On the restaurant, the menus have high prices for simple food/beverage products.
- If one looks in the far distance, the ship from the map Hijacked can be seen, as well as a ship from the Zombies map Shadows of Evil.
- There are a few Zombies references on the map:
- A security station at the Black Ops spawn has Dr. Monty's chocolate bar lying on a computer desk.
- Two statues of lions can be seen in the map, their heads are shaped as the ones in Shadows of Evil used to open the free Gobblegum.
- A lion head can also be seen in the front of the entrance to the Aztec temple outside of the map.
- In the same restaurant stated above, the gramophone from Call of Duty: Black Ops II Origins can be seen.
- Four shields with the Der Eisendrache symbol can be seen inside the building of the Purple slide.
- The window from Der Eisendrache showcasing a man raising the Summoning Key is seen inside the building of the Purple slide.
- Outside the map, there are many signs with the Der Eisendrache symbol.
- On the entrance to "Atlantis Riptide", four statues of Primis can be seen ("Tank" Dempsey, Nikolai Belinski, Takeo Masaki, and Edward Richtofen), similarly to the ones seen in Origins and Der Eisendrache. Four more statues are seen from the other side of the building.
- There is another statue of Edward Richtofen on the top of a fountain outside the map.
- The map is themed with octopuses all around it, from giant buildings to small artistic decorations.