Call of Duty: Black OpsEdit
Call of Duty: Black Ops: DeclassifiedEdit
- "Shows enemies on the minimap."
- — In-game description.
The Spy Plane returns in Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified.
- As indicated by U-2 fuel bar texture in game files, possibly the player originally controlled the U-2 in game, or it is the time of how long the Spy Plane appears in-game.
- Unlike in previous games, the Spy Plane is a slightly rarer sight due to many players removing it as soon as possible for the other 3-killstreak, the RC-XD, believing that an RC-XD, which is almost a free kill every 3 kills, is better than the ability to get one or more kills with work.
- Destroying a Spy Plane grants the player 75 XP. Calling one in grants 100 XP.
- If the player calls in a spy plane while host migration is in progress, when the match resumes the user will be stuck holding the spy plane detonator until they die.
- In the closed multiplayer beta, the Spetsnaz announcer referred to the Spy Plane as the U-2. In the Italian version, all factions refer it as the U-2
- Unlike the UAV Recon, players cannot see friendly planes when they are in the air. This is useful when trying to destroy an enemy Spy Plane.
- ↑ YouTube - Black Ops Beta - Summit Team Deathmatch HD, retrieved 3rd February 2011
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.