- "Border town between China and Kyrgyzstan. Classic engagements and destinations to fight over."
- — Map description.
Standoff is a multiplayer map in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. The map is based on a small border town between China and Kyrgyzstan. Its layout is similar to Dawnville. It contains multiple spots for long-range combat and sniping, such as the second-story levels of the buildings near Domination objectives A and C, which directly face each other and overlook objective B. Standoff also offers alcoves and paths that can offer cover and escape during gameplay. This map has a lot of buildings, and it is a great prefered sniping map.
- The SDC were originally going to be placed on this map.
- Despite the tanks on this map having SDC markings on them, and the map being on the border of China, the SDC is not featured, and are instead replaced with the Mercs.
- The co-ordinates given by the Tactical Insertion are on the China-Kyrgyzstan border, but place the map in mountains, away from any roads or settlements.
- In two of the three buildings overlooking the center of the map, a whiteboard can be seen on the top floor of both buildings with a small note on it, which reads "Zombies are coming..."
- There is a face above the water tower.
- In one of the shops, there are bags and little containers that have miscellaneous Arabic writing on them. This is possible, since Kyrgz was formerly written in Arabic script.
- Horses can be heard in the South-West/top-left corner of the map, coming from just outside the edge of the map. There aren't actually any horses; just sound effects. This can be heard at the start of matches when you or your team spawns in that corner, but also at any point in the match.
- The turntables in the meatshop will start turning when knifed or shot
- Pieces of burning paper will sometimes fall from the sky.