- "Effective at close to medium range, with greater hip fire accuracy and faster movement speed."
- — Category description in Call of Duty: Ghosts.
A Submachine Gun, often abbreviated as SMG, is a type of weapon in the Call of Duty series, appearing in all games. Submachine Guns make a bridge between a Light Machine Gun and a Pistol, having the fire rate of a Light Machine gun, while having the mobility and range more similar to that of a pistol. Submachine guns are some of the most common weapons in Call of Duty, with games all having a variety of SMG's depicted in-game.
The majority of SMG's suffer from odd inaccuracy traits, such as enhanced idle sway or a minor amount of bullet spread while aiming, similar to that of a Shotgun, alongside poor bullet damage at a distance. To compensate for this, the majority of SMG's have a very fast strafe speed when aiming down the sights, at least moderate rates of fire, and good hip-fire accuracy, making the SMG's ideal for close to medium range combat playstyles. Some SMG's, however, have stats that will mirror Assault Rifles, such as range and accuracy, while sacrificing some key SMG benefits, such as power and rate of fire.
- 1 List of Submachine Guns in the Call of Duty Series
- 1.1 Call of Duty and Call of Duty: United Offensive
- 1.2 Call of Duty: Finest Hour
- 1.3 Call of Duty 2
- 1.4 Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
- 1.5 Call of Duty 3
- 1.6 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition
- 1.7 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Nintendo DS)
- 1.8 Call of Duty: World at War
- 1.9 Call of Duty: World at War: Final Fronts
- 1.10 Call of Duty: World at War (Nintendo DS)
- 1.11 Call of Duty: Zombies
- 1.12 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- 1.13 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized
- 1.14 Call of Duty: Black Ops
- 1.15 Call of Duty: Black Ops (Nintendo DS)
- 1.16 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- 1.17 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: Defiance
- 1.18 Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- 1.19 Call of Duty Online
- 1.20 Call of Duty: Ghosts
- 1.21 Call of Duty: Heroes
- 1.22 Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 1.23 Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- 1.24 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
- 1.25 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
- 1.26 Call of Duty: WWII
- 1.27 Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- 1.28 Call of Duty: Mobile
- 1.29 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- 1.30 Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- 2 List of Cut Submachine Guns
List of Submachine Guns in the Call of Duty Series
It is to note that in the campaign mode of Infinite Warfare, submachine guns are secondary weapons instead of primary.
List of Cut Submachine Guns
|The subject matter of this article was cut from the final version of a Call of Duty game.|
- MAC-10 (cut from the original release, later added in the remaster via an update)