- ""...You must find a device capable of projecting a powerful sonic blast.""
- — Maxis talks about the Subsurface Resonator.
The Subsurface Resonator is a buildable in Buried and Borough for Call of Duty: Black Ops II. It requires a Turbine to function; it blasts a sonic sound that kills zombies and distorts the screen. On zombies at a further distance, it will simply knock them back.
All parts are found in the general store near the first Mystery Box spawn.
Found leaning against the wall, to the right of the doorway to the back room, on the main floor.
Found leaning up against the wall opposite of the table, down the hallway, towards the back door of the general store.
Found on a counter before the Weapon Locker.
Found in a corner at the top of the staircase.
- Mined Games (75 /Silver Trophy ) - In Buried, be their pawn.
- Death From Below (10 /Bronze Trophy ) – In Buried, drop the beat on zombies 10 times.
- The Subsurface Resonator is already built in Borough. This applies to the rest of the buildables with the exception of the Head Chopper.
- The Subsurface Resonator is referred to as "subwoofer" in the game files.