THERE WILL BE NO AK IN BLACK OPS..THE GUN IN THE TRAILER IS CALLED A VZ-58 LOOK IT UP I DID MY RESEARCH
you obviously didn't do enough research because it is a wasr 2 or wasr 3 clone af the ak.
It seems like the AK has one of the largest ranges in the game out of all the assault rifles. I tested the range on this on Highrise vs. the FAL and it definitly has a longer range than every other assault rifle. Can anyone else confirm this?
This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the AK-47 article.
WHY???? - Mrs. Wong.
Does anyone know if the glitches mentioned in this article have been fixed when the game was updated or not? - PontifeX 12:15, 6 March 2009
50 damage? Edit
I just tested this, didn't kill in 2 body shots at point blank. Are we sure its 50-30? Phfor 21:50, January 22, 2010 (UTC)
- What the? No. Damn, okay, I changed it. wtf, no it's not 50 damage. who did that? TNT LotLP 19:44, January 20, 2010 (UTC)
Modern Warfare 2 Silenced AKEdit
"...It is also very effective with a Silencer, killing just as fast as using the gun without one in regular matches. This is strange because the range and power of the gun were reduced when silenced in MW1, but for some reason is not in MW2..."
Can anyone confirm this? I've seen it two hit kill at long distances while spectating in SnD, but I can't be sure that it's the same range.
Swedish 62/76? Edit
10.8.2.158 13:23, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
what AK is this?Edit
In the first image I can see that it has a waffle magazine. In the second image I can see that a muzzle brake is present, and in the last image I can see what appears to be a Tapco Intrafuse AK-47 Handguard. So what is it? Oh and it appears to have a synthetic stock. 188.8.131.52 18:45, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
E3 footage calls it the AK-47, so I guess it will be exactly the same outside of cosmetic differences. OmgHAX! 17:02, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
Figuring out why it requires 70 in MDWF2 Edit
It would be helpful if some highly active MDWF2 player could clue us in to the real reason why the AK-47 requires such a hefty rank. My theory is that it seems to be following the general trend that in MDWF2, many high-level weapons are more for bragging rights than actual performance. For example, you can get a lever action Remington 1887 shotgun somewhere down the line, but getting the AA-12, the best shotgun on Earth only requires a few brief levels (I think level 8). I believe they did this sort of rank/reward inversion so that new players would have some ground to stand on when facing high-level players, regardless of their difference in level. I'm sure you would agree that a player with a mini-uzi, for example would be at a disadvantage when fighting a player with a Vector in most situations. This is what could happen in CoD 4 logic when a new player faces an experienced player. But in MDWF2, new players tend to start of with anywhere from quite good to extremely good weapons compared to weapons that can be unlocked later. Incrognito 22:19, November 15, 2009 (UTC)
- Honestly, I have no idea. Makes sense though. Moozipan Cheese 09:01, November 16, 2009 (UTC)
- I've also noticed that in both games, the weapons you start out with are so much better or more powerful than what you unlock later in most cases. See the M16, M40 and MP5 in MW and the UMP, FAMAS and Barrett in MW2. TheFedExPope 22:30, March 9, 2010 (UTC)
I think, that because the majority of players used the AK as their Assault Rifle in MW, Infinity Ward wanted to put it higher up there so players have something to play for. You know? Everyone is like "OMG I CANT LIKE WITHOUT MY 69 YEAR OLD AK!!!"
Or, because they know the AK uses less skill than most guns in MW, they just got comfortable with it. --Slowrider7 12:14, November 16, 2009 (UTC)
Or, because it's easily as powerful as the SCAR and has a higher fire rate.
I agree with the idea of there being a sort of prestigious value behind the AK, but more for it's real-world image than what people think of it in a video game. If you show the average person (that is, with no experience of war) a few pictures of guns, they'll definitely pick out the AK-47 before something arguably better. There are certainly better guns in MW2 than the AK-47, like the FAMAS. However,... you're wielding a frigging AK-47! Tear it up, son!
I think this also applies to the Winchesters, in that they appeared in Terminator. It's certainly a nod to the movie; Schwarzenegger chambers another round by twirling the gun around by it's lever, which also happens in game if the gun is duel-wielded.Vardinator 20:47, December 1, 2009 (UTC)
I believe that due to it's low reciol and high RoF, coupled with decent damage, it makes it very dangerous, so IW decided it would be very unfair to have such a dangerous weapon in such an early stage. still, let the AK live on! 18:22, December 22, 2009.Miiilk123
Because it is a totally kick ass gun and everyone used it one time or another in CoD4. Slowrider7 22:36, March 9, 2010 (UTC)
I think it has to do with pretty much having the best of both worlds when it comes to 7.62mm weapons - Has a 30 round magazine like the TAR, but much more managable recoil. Actually the article says just that. TheFedExPope 22:40, March 9, 2010 (UTC)
02:37, June 26, 2010 (UTC)
This page was deleted Edit
Some idiot came in and deleted the entire page except for the pictures, as reported by Bearded Hoplite. They also changed the Damage stat to something like 19000000000. I suggest closing the page to outside edits for the time being. --Shockwolf10 19:37, December 21, 2009 (UTC)
I only found out about this recently and as I was just checking MW2's weapons, I saw what happened. I would hope that this can be eventually restored, and I agree with the fact that this page should be closed to outside editing. 19:46, 21/12/2009, 2009.Miiilk123
Alright, someone restored the page. It should still be closed to outside edits- this is the second vandalized page I've seen in two days. --Shockwolf10 19:55, December 21, 2009 (UTC)
- It's unfortunate, but considering this page hasn't been vandalised too many times by many different IP addresses, I don't think it needs to be protected. Moozipan Cheese 21:50, December 21, 2009 (UTC)
- agreed, it's not that bad, we can't just semi-protect everything that happens to be vandalized. --TNT LotLP 01:24, December 22, 2009 (UTC)
Sorry guys its just this is my first time as a wiki member and as such i'm not as sure what to do in these situations. Although I hope that pages stop being vandlised, as I have already found another two. 18:16, December 22, 2009.Miiilk123
- That's all we can do, eh? Hope they don't get vandalised. if Ip's keep vandalising the same thing, we can ban them. well, not WE, but wouldyoukindly can certainly do it, dunno who else. --TNT LotLP 00:37, December 23, 2009 (UTC)
MW2 AK Bullet PenetrationEdit
Both the Barrett and AK pages claim that their respective weapons have the highest bullet penetration in the game. Which is correct? DoomGoober 18:04, January 7, 2010 (UTC)
don't you prestige at level 70? so what would be the point in getting the AK if you just restart in one more level up?
First, sign your posts. second. don't prestige. TNT LotLP 19:56, January 22, 2010 (UTC)
- To the guy underneath DoomGoober; From 70 to 71 (when you realistically can prestige) you can easily get most AK progress c/w, especially if you are going after the title (edited because I misread something) Brothertim 14:35, January 28, 2010 (UTC)
Since this has been nominated to be a featured article, should it not be semi-protected, to prevent the plenty of vandalism you get on weapon pages. In all honesty, I think all weapon pages should be semi-protected, simply to save a lot of hassle. The-Dreamcaster 09:39, February 10, 2010 (UTC)
The article says that the AK-47 does NOT sway with the ACOG scope. I'm a lvl 54 online, so I cant get an AK to test it out, but I went to Museaum to fool around with the guns and discovered that the AK-47 DOES sway with the ACOG. Is this different for online?--Chipgambino 19:44, February 18, 2010 (UTC)
- It may well be. Its hard to check too since the ACOG requires 150 kills and by that time I think its already time to prestige again. One day maybe I'll remember and try it out.TheFedExPope 22:37, March 9, 2010 (UTC)
Yes, in multiplayer the ACOG has no sway. Silencer, etc. do. The naked weapon has none as well.
AK47 RPM Edit
It's actually 84 shots less RPM than the TAR.
Tar has 750RPM. AK is 666RPM. Scar is.. 620RPM.. I think.
Sign ur post!
02:39, June 26, 2010 (UTC)
Trivia saying AK is one of the weakest guns in Cod4 Edit
I think out of personal knowledge that is a very wrong statement. The AK Was used in cod4 all the time and was infact probably one of the best, if not the best, weapon in cod4. Shacod 18:56, March 13, 2010 (UTC)Shacod
- I don't see it...was probably one of those butthurts that vandalized the page mocking the weapon and then it was deleted by a cooler head. TheFedExPope 22:21, March 15, 2010 (UTC)
Sway (Tested) Edit
This gun, the AK-47, sways in multiplayer if added any attachment other than the ACOG scope, it doesn't sway either if the gun has no attachments on, I have tested this on both Singleplayer and Multiplayer, in Singleplayer, the gun sways no matter what, in multiplayer, adding the ACOG scope or using it with no attachments will eliminate the swaying, this can very easily be tested by anyone at level 70 in multiplayer, by shooting shot by shot (semi-automatic fire) an AK-47 with some or all attachments (I tested with all of them) and then with the ACOG scope, it will be clear that all shots will always hit the target if using the ACOG or no attachments, while if using any other attachment the gun will randomly shoot around, it is also seen very easily, if you aim down your sighs, how the AK tends to move around with all attachments except for the ACOG and no attachments on.
There is also a video on youtube demonstrating how in Modern Warfare 2 the AK-47 sways with the GP-25 and doesn't sway with no attachments on, the video clearly shows the difference in accuracy. The link to this video is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55c3u62xHOM
I have already edited this page, but someone immediately deleted the information I added, I request this information is put in the Multiplayer section of the AK-47 page, I don't want to re-write this information just to get it deleted by someone who clearly doesn't know a great deal about the AK-47, yet he/she seems to manage this page as this person sees fit.
First off, you're edging on personal there, and honestly I haven't noticed any of this, I play MW2 like crazy and ACOG doesn't take away sway, it adds it. And really just calm down, excitement can lead to bad things on here, calm discussion. <Darthkenobi0><Talk> 18:01, April 5, 2010 (UTC)
Alright, why does everyone and their fat mother insist that the ACOG does not add sway? It does. You've got testaments from two people who play MW2 like no tomorrow, and unless you've got some kind of video to back it up, I say it should stay. S0ulEmbrace 03:14, May 1, 2010 (UTC)
Protect this page?Edit
Were getting exccesive Vandalism here people! Toilet Bowl Soldier 03:23, May 1, 2010 (UTC)
No weapon actually idles ingame except sniper rifles and the AK-47 with attachments. There is a slight animation, however this has no effect on accuracy. The ACOG scope only makes it more noticeable. Den's statement. Also, rather than demanding that I show proof, why not provide proof yourself that it does increase idle? -Nogert 01:07, May 3, 2010 (UTC)
I fixed a potential vandalism on the AK47 for MW2 Edit
Apparently some vandal edited the damage for the MW2 MP AK saying it does 6969-69 damage and has 466 clip size with ext mags.....someone really needs to put protection on this page.....
Please remember to sign your post with 4 tildes --Soldier 04:42, June 9, 2010 (UTC)
black ops ak Edit
the black ops version's magazine isn't curved nough to be 7.62 x 39 so it has to be a wasr 2 or 3. —Unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206.
- Well, it is 5.45x39 magazine. But body doesnt have the right shape for AK-74. Its more like Romanian WASR-2. And it CANT be AK-74 - because it isnt anachronistic enough.
- I'm guessing you're from IMFDB, because you're been bitching about those evil anarchronisms (their word) and your "fact" is ripped right from their BO page. Darkman 4 08:15, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
- In fact, i am one of main builders of that page. And anachronism ? How do you mean "their" word ?
- I am pretty sure it is an AK-47, but the designers may have messed up and put the AK-74 mag instead of the AK-47 mag. I hope they fix it. Bumblebeeprime09's Quarters|Radio|Records 14:24, August 15, 2010 (UTC)
- I am almost sure that Treyfail modellers just googled "AK" and modelled that gun after first picture that appears.
- Actually look at this: http://www.milsimempire.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3993 its the fifth thing I saw when I searched "tactical ak-47" in google images, its an exact match. They dont do much research evidently.Thedeerhunter 05:35, September 17, 2011 (UTC)
- I wish they used the COD4 model of the AK-47- The Asian Gangsta'
- I liked the MW2 AK, but they could've made it a lot better by giving it black furniture and getting rid of the RAILZ on the handguard. Darkman 4 20:13, August 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah I also liked how the MW2 AK looks but the COD4 AK looks better 2 me, anyway they need to improve the AK's model because it looks nothing like the AK but if the AK is awesome then I wouldn't care. - The Asian Gangsta' 04:25, August 27, 2010
- Since when did IMFDB lay claim to "anachronism"?
20:05, August 27, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm making fun of their talk page for Black Ops, which consists mostly of people bitching about how "omg treyarch is picking anachronistic guns my immersion is ruined i'm not buying this game!". Darkman 4 20:13, August 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Yea why do people complain about that kind of stuff about "anachronistic" weapons IT JUST A GAME.... right? - The Asian Gangsta' 04:27, August 27, 2010
- The gun is most likley an AK-74 but it isnt modeled perfectley, however the developers name it "AK-47" because the majority of 14 year olds playing Call of duty don't know the difference. In real life, "AK-47's" were rarley used at all. The AKM was an updated AK-47 that is used the most, They do look quite different, so don't say they don't. The AK-74 is substancially different aswell. --Kastrenzo 19:27, September 21, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah it's basically a AK-74 prototype that was made around the time of "WMD". - The Asian Gangsta' 05:13pm, September 21, 2010
- The gun in COD4 is 100% AKM,because of the receiver.The one in MW2 looks really weird,like a AK-74 with modern rails and furniture.
- But who am i kidding,IW never does good gun research.
- Eloeo 21:17, September 25, 2010 (UTC)
- The MW2 Ak uses the AK-47/AKM's magazine, so it's a real AKM. Darkman 4 21:33, September 25, 2010 (UTC)
Look, either this article should be unprotected or an admin should fix it up. It's in shite condition ATM. Just look at the Black Ops (DS) section. Thanks, -- CoD addict · (talk) 02:47, August 23, 2010 (UTC)
AK-47 Model in Black Ops Edit
I wish the AK-47 looks like it's real life model. Anyone agree with me? - The Asian Gangsta' 06:12pm, September 14, 2010
- uh --Monster's userpage Monster's talkpage 22:18, September 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Uhhhhhhh....okay. - The Asian Gangsta' 07:21pm, September 14, 2010
- The Ak-47 isnt what it really is in mw2 it supost to be a cross betwen 2 guns of some sort so FYI
- Raise your hand...
- Oh look somebody who cares. Slowrider7 02:43, October 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Uhhhh is this suppose 2 be positive feedback? - The Asian Gangsta' 10:12am, October 10, 2010
- can it gib
Somebody vandalised the weapon biography by puttung "PENIS" at the end. Commisar1945 10:42, November 15, 2010 (UTC)
Clan Tag Edit
I applied the clan tag to the AK-47 and I couldn't see it anywhere. Does it
just not appear for the AK-47?
The clan tag is applied to it. It is very hard to see its on the bottem recevier. But if you have any sight attachments the strap thing might be blocking it from seeing it. "Tactical8778"
I never really speak my mind about weapons often, but i will say this: Black Ops is the first COD to get the AK-47 look right. Modern Warfare's AK wasn't bad, but it still looked like one of those cheap,look alike toys that you get out of the dollar store. MW2's design was so horrible, i couldn't look twice at it. When BO came out, i was preparing myself for an even worse looking gun. Instead, i saw a thing of beauty. disagree if you want, but Black Ops has the best weapon lineup of any COD.-mph2044438
infinity ward said that the AK was meant to look "slightly futuristic" but i dissagree imean it still looks allright but the sights in MW2 just dosent cut it they look horrible. plumbleb 12:35, May 3, 2011 (UTC)
Recoil (black ops) Edit
If this is "statistically similar" to the commando, then why does it say under recoil "moderate" but on the commando page, it says "low"? 220.127.116.11 05:34, January 30, 2011 (UTC)spiderk
Ascension abscense. Edit
Why the AK-47 is not in Ascension is way beyond me. If it's too similar to the Commando, then take the latter out and put in the AK. Does it makes scense for an american made weapon to be at a RUSSIAN costrodome? I don't think so. Would it make scense for an AK-47 to be there. definetly. i mean, did you see all the AKs used in Executive Order? Where did they all go? They have every other variant of it, why not add one more?
you spelt sense wrong
and you spelled "spelled" wrong.
How are they "clear and unobstructed" in Black Ops? It's a triangle flanked by two thick rectangles, and ADS almost completely blocks seeing the target anywhere below the center of the screen, and you practically need to shoot someone's stomach at medium to long range to even see them at all. The SCAR-H had a wonderful iron sight, the AK74u has a very clear iron sight, but the AK47? Give me a break, I know a bad iron sight when I see one. 18.104.22.168 16:38, February 13, 2011 (UTC)
page shortened? Edit
Who shortened the black ops multiplayer section? i liked it the way it was! jerks...
- I "shortened" it. Actually, I cleaned it up because what was there was nonsense subjectivity that had no bearing in real life. The whole "recoil" being less forgiving or whatever than the commando was bull; the two rifles are the same in all ways but reload time. YuriKaslov 23:18, February 19, 2011 (UTC)
AK47 on zombies Edit
Uhhhh... when i was using "give all" on black ops zombies i got the AK47 and i took a photo of it. can i paste it on the AK47 page?
Apparently in trivia there can be an obtainable AK47 upgraded. I think its false, and the article could use a picture of the upgraded gun. Does it have any attachments like the AUG can have a Masterkey, M16 has a Grenade Launcher, Commando has Dual Mags, Galil has a Reflex and so on. I would think it would have a flamethrower. Does it?
WTF? The gun can't be upgraded. I used the give all command and tried to PaP it, no luck. I tried about 7 times so ya.
The pictures are inaccurate. Edit
The pictures on this article referring to the AK47 in COD Black Ops, including the camo pics, are not of the AK-47, but of the AK74. Reason is, I believe it's a glitch in the game. The AK47 is an assault rifle, therefor it is bigger. I have a class set up with this weapon. I would guess that half of the time, i get this weapon, the one similar to the AK74. The other half of the time, I believe I get the actual AK47, which is considerably bigger. If anybody has any input, please let me know.
I don't follow.13:43, April 2, 2011 (UTC)
????????? HighbornBEN10 01:38, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
Ther is no AK-47 in MWM, why there is a section about it? There is already the AK-74, wich is the gun that appears in Mobilized. RC95 14:21, May 20, 2011 (UTC)
- I noticed the same thing and you have evidence to support this claim too. Joseph Tan l talk l contribs l email l 14:22, May 20, 2011 (UTC)
Are we naming the weapons to the name in the game or its real name? 22.214.171.124 02:21, May 31, 2011 (UTC)
in game names Ztormtrooper 18:11, June 4, 2011 (UTC)
AK47 Suppressed in Black Ops Edit
This is the most common variation of the AK47 I find in Black Ops. I use it, and it seems like no one uses anything else on their AK, except for maybe a grenade launcher. I know the iron sights are good, but, you never see RDS, RefleX, or ACOG!
AK47 Suppressed in Black Ops Edit
This is the most common variation of the AK47 I find in Black Ops. I use it, and it seems like no one uses anything else on their AK, except for maybe a grenade launcher. I know the iron sights are good, but, you never see RDS, RefleX, or ACOG!
That's because you and the people you play with are N00Bs. Only N00bs who suck at the game rely on suppressors or grenade launchers.
Too many pictures in BO section of guide? Edit
I was looking through the guide, and I found many of the pictures in the BO section of the guide to be unimportant. Do we really need 10 different pictures showing different aspects, including one where the player is cocking it? I think there are too many pictures, and some should be removed. user talk:Ededdeddy97 20:56, June 10, 2011 (UTC)
Is it worth putting it? Edit
Do you guys think it's worth mentioning that this weapon is not a genuine AK-47, but a generic AK gun type? Because the AK-47 uses the same Extended mags used the AK-74u, a 5.45mm gun, also on the attachmentless RPK, which bears the model of an RPK-74, a 5.45mm Light Machine Gun. If you do agree, post it on my Talk Page. 00:13, July 12, 2011 (UTC)
*cough*IRL rule*cough*.Diegox223 Zed's dead, baby.00:17, July 12, 2011 (UTC)
Why does it have low recoil in black ops? Edit
You can easily kill enemies over long distance even firing it on full auto. This is completely unrealistic compared to the AK47 in real life which has high recoil. The thing should be bouncing around uncontrollably on full auto, but it doesn't. It seems like the recoil resets itself after each shot so there's never much need to burst fire it. 126.96.36.199 09:19, July 18, 2011 (UTC)
The AK-47 in Black Ops is actually an AK-74, which fires the 5,45x39mm cartridge, which has a lot less recoil. Besides, a game isn't always realistic. If it was realistic, the WA2000 would be the most powerful sniper in the game.M129K 20:48, August 9, 2011 (UTC)
Not AK-74, its a WASR-2.HighbornBEN10 01:37, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
All Ghillied UpEdit
This is especially for Sergeant S.S., if you pick up the G36C, Stinger, AK-47 etc. in All Ghillied Up, in One Shot, One Kill it will ALWAYS BE REPLACED BY THE KALASHNIKOV, NOT THE WEAPON YOU PICKED UP IN THE PREVIOUS MISSION. Please stop unediting it!M129K 20:49, August 9, 2011 (UTC)
Two videos Edit
Hey, there's two videos about the BO's AK-47. The problem is that they are the same video, posted twice in the page. I think one of them sould be removed, in my opinion.
I suggest that we remove the blurry pre-release images in the gallery. Now that the game is out we can certainly replace them with better quality images, and the "note this attachment" and "note that attachment" are no longer necessary. Ryemccrory 17:41, December 3, 2011 (UTC)
Shall we both remove them, lad? (RangerSandman)
Rate of fire Edit
Like the RPD, I tested this weapon (with macros) in MW1 and MW2, and it has the exact same rate of fire in both games.
Red Mist Edit
There is no evidence of the pack a punched AK-47 anywhere. The give all commands for Kino der Toten and Five do not grant a pack a punched version. Either cite the source or fix the edit. —Unsigned comment was added by Picknick14
- Red Mist could possibly exist as fragments or a complete weapon in game files. I do not own the game on PC, so I can not verify. 21:24, April 14, 2012 (UTC)
- It seems too unconfirmed to be in the trivia section. Why does my edit keep getting undone? Picknick14 00:05, April 15, 2012 (UTC)
- It does exist, as in PC, the Give-All cheat gives you an AK47 whereas you can pack-a-punch it. 00:23, April 15, 2012 (UTC)
- No, I am using the cheat RIGHT NOW and it does the same thing it does with the death machine. The pack-a-punch machine outright rejects the action. Picknick14 02:32, April 15, 2012 (UTC)
I thought I'd mention (this can't go on the page itself) that the AK-47 went out of service by MW3 but it is included anyway.
The AK's from MW2 and MW3 are not original AK-47s. The name "AK-47" in these games refers to a general term for weapons of the Kalashnikov decendancy.
As such, the AK in MW2, for example, is a hybrid of what appears to be an AK-101 and an unknown AK variant. I think it has some influence from the AK-103/105 as well. The MW3 variant also has some newer influences, including a rear sight similar to the real-life AN-94.
Either way, just know it's just a general term and not relating to the specific rifle
You're right, the supposed 'AK-47' looks nothing like one.
A more likely choice for the Russian military would be an AK-74M, the current general issue weapon. I don't know why the developers refuse to include it. They try so hard to make the AK more and more modern looking with every installment. Just put in the AK-74M with synthetic furniture and all the rails you need, and there you go! At least the AN-94 is in BO2, that's a proposed replacement for the AK series, so maybe by 2025, it would be in common use. I hope the AK-74 makes an appearance in COD: Ghosts. Mr Bio Shock 23:06, May 22, 2013 (UTC)
The most likely reason why is that "AK-47" is a classic and easily recognizable name by anyone. The newer rifle names (i.e. AK-74M, AK-101, AEK-971, etc.) may confuse some players. Plus, as I had said earlier, the name "AK-47" is plastered on a bunch of rifles that aren't really AK-47s. The MW3 variant is indeed more similar to an AK-74, along with the AK in BO and BO2 (WASR-2 Romanian AK copy, to be exact).
And plus, this is CoD. Battlefield strives for military realism, CoD strives more for dynamic and cinematic gameplay.
CoD: GhostsEditAre we prepped to call it an AK-47? At this stage it could be any AK variant, some people believe it to be an AK-74. 11:16, May 24, 2013 (UTC)
- There was a weapon that beared a significant resemblance to an AK-74 in the trailer, but the soldiers in the Ghille Suits jumping out the helicopter are almost certainly wielding the AK-47 model from Modern Warfare 3. It's most likely a placeholder, but it still deserves a mention, I guess. 11:27, May 24, 2013 (UTC)
- AK-74 unofficially has made an appearance of sorts in the CoD series in Black Ops and Black Ops II as the WASR-2 Romanian AK-74 copy, but is still known as the "AK-47". Furthermore, an AK-100s variant appeared in MW2 under the same name. "AK-47" will probably used to denote the name of the rifle, even if it is not really an AK-47.
- Though this does not necessarily apply to CoD: Ghosts, I suppose we should proceed as if it will follow the old system.
- (note, I made the comment without signing in. Resigned with my signature)
- Actually, the AK-47 in the Black Ops series is more likely to be modeled off the GSG .22 version of the AK-47. For comparison:
- The Black Ops model has obviously had some modifications made concerning the receiver and magazine (to make it actually look like a genuine AK-47), but the barrel, handguard and magazine shape all match the .22 version. It's likely that the boys at 3arc bought a cheapo .22 and modeled it off that.
- In concern to Ghosts, though, it's definitely an AK-47, not a 74. The magazine is too curved to be a 74 and the barrel matches a 47. 14:00, May 24, 2013 (UTC)
Damage in MW2Edit
Where did you find the AK's damage and other stats in MW2? For example, COD4 has the iw_11.iwd archive with all weapons data. I can't find anything similar in MW2 game files. Could you please help me?
188.8.131.52 15:48, March 26, 2014 (UTC)
- You're better off asking the guys on the Den Kirson forums. One of the PC guys here (like Sam, CoD4, MLG) might now, but you'll probably get an answer there that's a bit quicker. 16:00, March 26, 2014 (UTC)