This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Soviet Armed Forces article.
- Just a note, the Red Army and the Soviet Armed Forces aren't the same thing. Being half Russian, I can obviously testify this from experience, however further backup can be provided from the way that Wikipedia has separate pages for the two articles. Of course, perhaps in the games this is different; I'm not entirely sure. Please do correct me if I'm wrong. :) --Darth tom (talk)
- There's no point in trying to argue, people dont even appreciate or understand the fact that the Soviet Union and Russia are NOT The same thing.. It labels all the soviet articles as Russian, Russian soldiers, Russian AK47s, it's an ignorant statement, the Original CoD campaigns for example, not all soviets were russian, they only made up about 2/3 of the population, the rest mostly coming from Belarus, Ukraine and Uzbekistan --Kastrenzo 21:42, October 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Red army, Soviet army, same thing, They are both the ground forces of the Soviet Military, others being obvious like Soviet navy, airforce, etc. --Kastrenzo 21:46, October 14, 2010 (UTC)
Soviet Vs Red Edit
I actually just found something on this note.
From the USSR's creation, to 1946, their Army as referred to as the Red Army
After 1946, the USSR's ground forces "Army" were referred to as the Soviet Army
126.96.36.199 04:37, October 17, 2010 (UTC)
Uniforms in BO Edit
The Soviet uniforms in Black Ops are somewhat ridiculous. I don't think any Soviet soldier would have big markings reading 'CCCP' on their backs as seen in "Executive Order" for example. Treyarch really screwed up that one. --Superflo 13:59, November 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Why would they not have 'CCCP' written on their back? N7 (talk) "DEFCON 1 initialized. Use of ICBMs is authorized."
- It's just unrealistic and implausible. Soviet didn't even have unit insignias like the US had. Soviet uniforms did look nothing like this, they are more realistic in CoD4.--Superflo 22:23, November 29, 2010 (UTC)
My friend, bieng Russian i should know because my Grandfather was in the army during the 1960-1980s era and he saw me playing Black Ops on Executive Order he noted the Word on their backs and said "Ahh that reminds me of when i was in the army we had that on our backs too". Boom! Headshot even chuck norris can't stand tango down's headshots. 14:16, December 22, 2010 (UTC)
Seperate Page for Spetsnaz? Edit
Should we have a seperate page for the spetsnaz in black ops? because they are the real historical soldiers and we can use info on real spetsnaz units and insignias and pictures of them around the Black Ops era.Boom! Headshot even chuck norris can't stand tango down's headshots. 16:36, December 22, 2010 (UTC)
Oh kthnxbai Boom! Headshot even chuck norris can't stand tango down's headshots. 16:36, December 22, 2010 (UTC)
The article says the Soviet army in Black Ops are first seen in the mission Numbers, but the first time you see them is in Executive Order.
(188.8.131.52 02:59, January 3, 2011 (UTC))
Can Someone Please Tell Me The Name Of That Vest? Edit
I've been looking at the pictures of the Soviet Soldiers in Black Ops, and I noticed a lot of them are wearing a type of assault vest. It has the letters CCCP on it. I think it looks cool and I want to find some kind of Soviet Army surplus store that sells it.
I doubt that they exist at all.
Hmm they don't sound easy to find .03:25, December 27, 2011 (UTC)
The ones they wear ingame seem to be based on that http://www.ebay.com/itm/USSR-SOVIET-RUSSIAN-ARMY-LEVEL-IIIA-ASSAULT-BULLETPROOF-VEST-6B5-15-/320876219375?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab5b68bef however in reality these are 80's era gear not 60's
Okay, so I moved all the Black Ops era stuff (except project Nova, obviously) into Spetsnaz. There was no real connection between the two made on the page, but the Spetsnaz weapons were listed as used by the Red Army.
I personally think we need to merge the tabs. While they are different games, all topics in this article have to do with WW2.
No; we differentiate by story, not era.21:00, March 7, 2014 (UTC)