The map takes place at a deserted town affected by the war. Like the original Backlot, the map's layout is similar to the original with some alterations. The map consists of an unfinished construction building, a destroyed APC nearby, the market building with an accessible rooftop as well as a tin building, a destroyed apartment, a taxi building and some minor areas such as a bike shop, a laundromat and a gas station.
- In the Season Three Trailer, the date for Talsik Backlot is Day 7, 20:42:03
- The bulldozer found in the map next to the construction site has the acronym "COD" on it.
- A similar bulldozer along with this acronym is seen in Hardhat.
- There is a photo/painting of a monument that appears in almost every building in the level.
- Although it isn't visible to players, there is a children's playground found outside the map and near to the Coalition spawn. This is a reference to the playground seen in the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare mission Aftermath.