|The subject matter of this article was cut from the final version of a Call of Duty game.|
"That's No Sandstorm" was a planned campaign mission in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. The only proof of its existence is a file called "compass_map_sandstorm.iwi" present in the game's source files. In the mod tools, in the raw/English/localizedstrings folder, a file called "sandstorm.str" can be found. The string file includes information about the level, such as its location, the level name, the date, and various objectives.
From the level's planned string file, the mission would take place in the Omani-Saudi Arabian border. The player's team would be U.S. Marines on Border Security Operations. The mission would take place early in the game, as the date is "Day 1 - 1012 hrs".
Hint strings include the following:
Objectives include the following:
- Defend the patrol with the 50 cal
- Defend the west perimeter
- Defend the east perimeter
- Find a LAW
- Destroy the BMP Transport
- Plant C4 on the base weapons caches
- Protect base interior from being overrun
- Locate transportation out of the base
- Access the vehicle depot