- "An Abrams tank is stranded on the outskirts. Al-Asad's forces are overrunning its position. Break through the enemy forces to provide support for the tank and its crew."
- — Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered level description
- "Be advised, more enemy troops are converging on the tank. Get there A.S.A.P!"
- — Command
- Paul Jackson (playable)
- Roycewicz (Alive/K.I.A.) (player-determined)
- West (K.I.A.)
- War Pig
- Gaines (K.I.A)
The Bog follows Sgt. Paul Jackson's squad (under Lt. Vasquez) as they fight through enemy lines to reach and defend a disabled M1A2 Abrams tank with the call sign of "War Pig". It starts out with Jackson's squad moving to the bog the tank is stranded in while encountering resistance. Jackson's squad is immediately ambushed by two heavily protected MGs. The squad splits in half: one squad advances on the enemies while the other provides fire support. Upon entering the half-destroyed building, Jackson can save Pvt. Roycewicz whilst going up a flight of stairs while also killing all of the OpFor by using their own MG against them. After the ambush, the Marine squad once again faces a large force of OpFor supported by T-72 tanks on the highway overpass, but using the FGM-148 Javelin, Jackson dispatches each of the enemy tanks in turn. With this threat neutralized, the squad then hurries over to War Pig, where they, as well as the surviving Marines of Alpha Company in the Bog, hold off attacks from the OpFor. Though the OpFor charge the M1 Abrams mercilessly with C4 packs, the Marines succeed in holding them off and driving them back further. After rescuing War Pig, Jackson is called upon to destroy a nearby ZPU-4 and plant a beacon to receive air support from an AH-1W Super Cobras, which clear a building the squad cannot attack. The arrival of air support finishes off the remaining OpFor resistance and sends the few survivors fleeing. With this done, the squad regroups and sets up a defensive perimeter, allowing the engineers to come in and repair the damaged tank.
|Found in level|
- Laptop 8 is in the second level of the apartment that that is entered after being ambushed. The laptop is in a room that some friendly soldiers will break into after all the enemies have been eliminated with the mounted MG.
- Laptop 9 is in the marketplace just before entering the bog (after having used the Javelin). Following the path in the marketplace will lead to a low building with both the OpFor symbol and an AK-47 sprayed onto its front. Turning left from there and then turning left again will lead to a secluded corner where a stack of boxes hides the laptop from plain sight.
- Save the Bacon (20) - Complete "The Bog" on any difficulty.
- Rescue Roycewicz (20) - Save Pvt. Roycewicz on the stairs in "The Bog."
- The Bog (40 ) - Complete "The Bog" and "War Pig" on Veteran.
- Main article: The Bog/Transcript
- The two MGs have no gunner if the player uses the "noclip" cheat (PC only). In addition, the player can control the MGs alone if getting to them via the "noclip" cheat. However, one will notice that the MGs will aim, and fire on their own, even while the player is using them. The player will also notice that the HUD icon which informs to press the "use" button to mount or dismount the MG is that of an MG42.
- When the MGs at the end of the level are firing, the bullets seem to easily cut through the corrugated iron barriers. However if one takes cover behind one of these barriers, the player won't receive any damage.
- In the beginning of the level, if one turns around immediately and looks at the sky, the player can see two AH-1W Super Cobras spawning out of nowhere.
- The inside of the two Cobras at the end of the mission are very detailed; the user can actually see the pilots inside tapping each other on the shoulder and talking to each other.
- After shooting the enemy tanks at the overpass with the Javelin, the player can hear M21's shooting in the distance. If the player uses the "noclip" cheat on the PC and goes to where the Abrams tank is, it is possible to see the Marines there shooting desert camouflaged M21s. The Marines themself are invincible and so are the enemies they are fighting.
- By using "give all" on the PC, one will get a desert camouflage M21, and a semi auto RPG with no rockets but can still be fired.
- If the player throws in a flashbang to the area where the ZPU-4 is, the gunner on the ZPU will die from the flashbang. Also, if the player tries to sneak up to the ZPU, the operator will jump down to the ground and will grab a W1200.
- If the player turn backwards at the beginning of the level, he can see posters of Al-Asad with Arabic text written on it.
- If the player managed to climb up at several boxes after Alpha Team radioed Lt. Vasquez and keep jumping while peeking the tank (although there is a small chance for the player to look at it), the RPG that passed under the bridge was not operated by anyone as it was spawned suddenly under the bridge.
- When looking at the minimap while en route to War Pig, there are eight Marines holding position at the tank. Once the player arrives all of them are suddenly killed and another four marines are spawned.
- If the player looks at the M1A2 Abrams's right side after the squad regroups on the tank, it can be seen that Vasquez was not drawing the tactical map. It had been on the tank ever since the Marines arrived.
- By increasing the brightness on PC with the "r_fullbright 1" console command, the player can see that the water texture is actually of bunch of numbers and what appears to Arabic writing.
- This mission was featured in the demo version of the game.
- If the player looks at one of the walls at the beginning, there is a North Korean propaganda poster with Arabic writing and Arab soldiers instead of North Korean.