The Crazy Place is a realm located in the Zombies map Origins. The only way to access The Crazy Place in Origins is through four special gateways, each one in a different elemental tunnel. It has a major part in crafting and upgrading the Elemental Staffs.
In the story and the map's easter egg Little Lost Girl, Primis opens a portal within the Crazy Place for Samantha. The Maxis Drone then passes through the portal and arrives to the house, while Primis get teleported as they step into the light beam. In the Zombies Chronicles timeline, it states Ludvig Maxis was teleported to The Crazy Place after Richtofen's betrayal, where he learned to fuse himself into electrical devices.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Crazy Place is shaped as a circle, with four pathways leading to spots where the player can teleport out, each pathway corresponds with an element and a tunnel. The player can rebuild the portal of whichever tunnel they came from. After approximately 15 seconds the portal will fall apart.
Regardless of which portal the player came from, any portal can be built inside the Crazy Place, allowing the player to return through a portal that does not have the gramophone. This is only possible however if the player has already used the portal they wish to return through.
How to reach The Crazy Place[edit | edit source]
To reach The Crazy Place, the player must place the gramophone on the nearby table at the end of the tunnel, while having the record that corresponds to the elemental tunnel they are trying to access The Crazy Place from. After the gateway constructs itself, the player can run straight into it in order to enter The Crazy Place. The locations of the elemental tunnels are:
- Fire: To the left of the spawn exit near the Rituals of the Ancients box.
- Lightning: Near generator 5, opposite the side of the souls chest.
- Wind: Near generator 4, next to one of the panels that spark as part of the Staff of Lightning upgrade.
- Ice: Across from generator 6, to the left when exiting the church.
Elemental staffs and Easter Eggs[edit | edit source]
In the middle of the room there are four elemental pillars. Accessing The Crazy Place via a certain tunnel, the corresponding elemental pillar will open, allowing access to the corresponding elemental gem. For example, if the player came from the Ice tunnel, the player can obtain the Ice element gem. The elemental gem is used to craft the corresponding Elemental staff. When picking an elemental gem, large stone walls that come down from the ceiling. If the player does not pick an elemental gem, the large stone would never fall.
The Crazy Place contains riddles and puzzles that are used to upgrade each of the Elemental Staffs. During the upgrade process of the staffs, a crystal ball located on each pillar will go through the ceiling of the Crazy Place, going into Origins' main chamber as it comes through Origins' sky. After the third Staff upgrading step involving the ball, it will go back again into to the Crazy Place through Origins' sky, coming from the Crazy Place's ceiling.
In the forth and last step of the Staff upgrading process, the player can place the staff on the corresponding elemental pillar. After the staff observes enough souls of dead zombies, the staff becomes fully upgraded and can be picked up, joining with an audio cue that signifies the upgrade is done.
In the last steps of the Lost Little Girl easter egg, the players have to place all four staffs into their pillars. After doing so, zombies that die will have their soul soaked into a point in the middle of the air. After killing enough Zombies, a blinding white flash occurs, creating a cloudy and portal in the ceiling of the crazy place, similarly to the sky seen in the outer portion of Origins. Furthermore, after this step is done, all the stone pillars will vanish, making the area completely open.
After opening the portal in the Crazy Place, the players can use the Maxis Drone to end the game and get to the cutscene. In order to do so, the player has to activate the Maxis Drone to the middle of the room. This will cause the Maxis drone to fly into the portal in the sky, trigger a beam of light, and activate a portal for Primis to be used.
The room contains one of the radios for the "Shepherd of Fire" musical Easter Egg.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If the player does not pick any elemental gem, the large stone of the Crazy Place would never fall. After completion of the Little Lost Girl easter egg, all the falling stones in the area will vanish.
- The Fire staff is the only staff that does not have a proper riddle within the Crazy Place, and have instead a step to burn Zombie bodies on a plate within the fire segment.
- Since this step only requires to turn the body of the zombies into ash and does not observe their souls, players can place another staff to be upgraded while getting the kills for the fire staff. Thus, the zombies' body turns into ash in favor of fire staff progress, while their souls go into the other staff in favor of its upgrading, making progress with two staffs at the same time.
- Under the influence of the Zombie Blood power-up, the player can see a message written in chalk the wall one of the elemental pillars. The message says "Follow the steps", in reference to the steps of the easter egg. A related quote by Samantha goes: "The ancients found a way to breach the void. Follow their footsteps".