"The Embassy" is the seventh campaign level in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
- Kyle Garrick (playable)
- John Price
- Farah Karim
- Hadir Karim
- The Wolf
- The Butcher
- Kate Laswell (heard only)
- Stacy Davidson (Alive/deceased)
- U.S. Ambassador Harris (deceased)
- Adam (deceased)
- Emerald 2 Actual (heard on radio)
- Emerald 2-4 (Alive/K.I.A.)
- Emerald 2-6 (K.I.A.)
- Romeo 3 Actual (heard on radio)
- Romeo 3-1 (mentioned)
- Romeo 4-1 (K.I.A.)
- Romeo 4-2 (K.I.A.)
- Romeo 4-3 (K.I.A.)
- Romeo 4-4 (K.I.A.)
- Romeo 4-5 (K.I.A.)
- USMC Cpl. "Mikey" (Romeo 4-6) (K.I.A.)
- USMC Cpl. Davidson (Romeo 4-7) (K.I.A.)
- Romeo 4-8 (K.I.A.)
- Romeo 4-9 (K.I.A.)
- Romeo 4-10 (K.I.A.)
- Romeo 4-11 (K.I.A.)
- Romeo 4-12 (K.I.A.)
- Romeo 4-13 (K.I.A.)
- Romeo 4-14 (K.I.A.)
- Romeo 4-15 (K.I.A.)
- U.S. UAV Operator (Jaguar 4-1)
Hours after capturing the Wolf at the Rammaza hospital, the Butcher rallies the Al-Qatala forces to siege the US Embassy, demanding that the Wolf should be handed over. Upon learning that extraction is only minutes away, the Wolf remarks that his people would be inside the embassy in the allotted time. After Al-Qatala forces breach the perimeter, Alex, Farah and Hadir move the Wolf to the embassy's basement safe room.
Price and Garrick attempt to insert by helicopter. However, their helicopter is shot down by an RPG. Making their way to the basement, the duo encounter the Butcher attempting to gain entry. Price orders everyone to get back from the door as the Butcher murders employees, civilians and even a child to intimidate the personnel on the other side to open the door. Price assures Garrick that they'll take the Butcher down another time as they move on.
After fighting through the Al-Qatala forces who breached the embassy via truck, they eventually link up with Farah, Alex and Hadir. Price orders Garrick to direct the Ambassador to their location as they need his keycard to open the rear doors and escape. However, the Ambassador is gunned down by an Al-Qatala insurgent as he attempts to lock his office door. Garrick instead directs the Ambassador's assistant, Stacy Davidson to the team's position.
The team escape from the embassy and begin their advance to the Ambassador's compound. Once they arrive, they put the Wolf in the residence's safe room as Price requests air support from Laswell and she sends a UAV to assist them. The team took their defensive positions up, utilizing mortars with illumination rounds as well as a drone provided by Laswell to eliminate the substantial numbers of Al-Qatala fighters. Eventually, the AQ forces overwhelm and breach the compound. While Farah, Kyle, Price and a few Marines are on the roof, several Al-Qatala soldiers run to the walls and use mortars. During the fight, the Marines with the team are killed by mortar fire. Price orders the team to fall back to the Ambassador's residence and secure the Wolf, but are ultimately too late as they discover that the AQ forces breached through a wall to extract the Wolf.
|Found in level|
- Main article: The Embassy/Transcript
- The defense of the compound in the second part of the mission is very reminiscent of the 2012 Benghazi attack.
- Several signs in the hallways featured Braille at the bottom. The braille at the bottom of the "Information" and "Employee Only" signs reads "Team Embassy" or "Infinity Ward Team Embassy".
- If the player destroys the power generator to the left of the entrance to the room in the basement before meeting with Farah, Alex and Hadir, a game of Pong will be displayed with a score of 2-4.
- Despite having no primary weapon, an M13 can be seen hanging off Kyle's vest after Stacy is safe and the player is told to rendezvous with Price and the group.
- If the player destroys the car which passes by the compound after the first wave of Al-Qatala using Laswell's UAV, Price will scold Kyle by asking if there were any weapons visible in the car.
- An Al-Qatala militant can kill the player by sticking Semtex on Kyle when the player infiltrates the mortar team's nest.
- It is impossible to save almost every friendly Marine in this level, as they are intended to be killed by Al-Qatala. If any are still alive, however, they will follow the player into the Ambassador's residence after Kyle saves Stacy.
- The scene where the Butcher kills a young boy in the embassy is brought up by Kyle when he and Price interrogate the Butcher in the mission Old Comrades.
- The Ambassador trying to lock his office door before being gunned down is ironic, since the glass windows on his door are not bulletproof.
- Romeo 3 Actual and Emerald 2 Actual (heard over radio), in the subtitles, are labeled "U.S. Commander" instead of "U.S. Marine/Soldier (number)."
- The player can kill the Al-Qatala militant before he confronts Price. Shooting him early will have Price appreciating the player's actions.
- Some of the Marines do not have callsign designations. The designation is only (Rank) (Generated last name), unlike other Marines in this level.
- If the player is lucky enough, they can keep both Romeo 4-2 and Romeo 4-8 alive after Al-Qatala breach the main compound, while Mikey and Davidson are scripted to die. If the player follows them before entering the armory, they both go to the roof with Hadir and Alex. However, once the player receives the laser designator from the armory, they are both killed by mortar fire.
- The Al-Qatala insurgent who says ”They are here!" when Hadir and Kyle breach the mortar house will always fire his gun into the wall for no reason, even if he's using an M1911.