|Previous level||The Only Easy Day... Was Yesterday|
|Next level||Of Their Own Accord (in-game)|
|Game||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2|
|Character||Sgt. Gary "Roach" Sanderson|
|Team||Task Force 141 with United States Navy and NATO|
|Place||40 miles east of Petropavlovsk, Russia|
|Date||Day 5 (August 14th), 2016 - 07:42:52|
|Objective||Rescue Prisoner #627.|
Follow Captain MacTavish into the gulag.
Sweep the cells for the prisoner.
Plant the breaching charge.
Escape the gulag.
|Enemies||Internal Troops/Ultranationalists/Inner Circle|
|Special Ops||Breach and Clear|
- "Rescue Prisoner #627."
- — Description
"The Gulag" is the tenth mission of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. The player takes the role of Gary "Roach" Sanderson as he and the rest of Task Force 141 storm the gulag, an old Russian prison, to rescue Prisoner #627. This mission is phase two of "The Only Easy Day... Was Yesterday".
- Gary "Roach" Sanderson (playable, W.I.A.)
- John "Soap" MacTavish
- Simon "Ghost" Riley
- John Price (Prisoner #627)
- Shepherd (heard only)
The player starts the mission on a fast transport helicopter, as three Little Birds converge on a Russian Gulag while F-15 Eagles destroy a SAM (surface-to-air missile) site on a nearby ridge. As the player's Little Bird flies over the gulag, the player can snipe the soldiers on the towers.
After the landing, player will fight in a courtyard filled with enemies.
Eventually, the player will come across a control room where Ghost will take control. After that, player will be assigned to a "cell duty". After killing all the enemies, player will arrive in the armory.
Once inside the armory, Captain MacTavish will sarcastically ask if there's a weapon that the player likes. Of course, you have the choice of swapping for a weapon the player likes. Enemies will encircle the armory, so Soap will tell the player to take shield by using one of the riot shields that are lying around the armory. When all of the cell blocks are cleared, player will rappel down to the lowest floor.
After that, player will fight to the shower rooms.
After clearing the shower room, team will advance to rescue the Prisoner 627, that is revealed to be Captain Price, who was captured during the events of Operation Kingfish. MacTavish orders him to drop the weapon, and old friends are reunited.
Then the player must hurry to reach the exfil point, where cave-in drops on player; however Price will free the player and the team will escape the castle with a SPIE rig that is attached to a Pave Low.
|Found in level|
These weapons can be found with and without attachments.
- Main article: The Gulag/Transcript
- Soap on a Rope (15 / Bronze Trophy ) - Obtained by completing "The Gulag" on any difficulty.
- Prisoner 627 (25 / Silver Trophy ) - Complete "The Only Easy Day... Was Yesterday" and "The Gulag" on Veteran.
- Main article: The Gulag/Trivia
- Intel No. 25: (1/4 Intel) Before entering the arch gate with 2 red lights. Head up some stairs in front of the building and the intel is at the end of the room.
- Intel No. 26: (2/4 Intel) Inside "Control Room", where Ghost is using the laptop.
- Intel No. 27: (3/4 Intel) On 2nd sub-level, North-East, in cell "327".
- Intel No. 28: (4/4 Intel) After finding prisoner 627, turn left, on top of a desk.