- "Rest in pieces, down for the count. No revival, you're bleedin' out. Your epitaph says you died a wealthy man, but you can have it all come back and seal the master plan with Tombstone! It's Tombstone! It's Tombstone! It's Tombstone! Health is drainin' you're on the ropes. Death is waitin', don't lose your hopes. Your will and testament ain't making that much sense, you're listed as the only heir to whom you may bequest. It's Tombstone! It's Tombstone! It's Tombstone! It's Tombstone! *Tombstone*"
- — The Tombstone Soda jingle.
For 2000 points, the player is allowed to drop a Tombstone power-up while downed when they are holding the "use" button, killing the player in the process, and not allowing anyone to revive them. When the player spawns in the next round, if the player is to grab the Tombstone power-up, they will receive the perks (except Tombstone Soda itself) and guns possessed before going down. The tombstone will disappear if not taken within approximately 90 seconds after the player has respawned. However, if a player has Tombstone Soda and is downed, once being revived by a teammate, all of the perks including Tombstone Soda itself, will disappear, only the weapons remain available. The color of the Perk-a-Cola drink is dark purple while the icon is a gravestone with "R.I.P." written on it. It is worth noting that only the player who had the perk can pick up the tombstone dropped by themselves.
In Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Tombstone Soda is not available when playing solo.
In Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, the perk turns the player into a shadow in the Dark Aether armed with their weapons when downed, allowing the player to revive themselves similar to the perk Who's Who. When upgraded to Tier 1, it allows the player to regenerate health while in Shadow form, and at Tier 2 it increases the player's down duration to 60 seconds. At Tier 3 the perk allows the player a Tombstone stash upon death which allows the player to recover their weapons, equipment and resources. At Tier 4 the player respawns at the end of the round instead the beginning of the next round with the player's respawn timers reduced by 50%, and at Tier 5 the player experiences no Perk decay when downed with Tombstone Soda always being lost when downed.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The Tombstone Soda machine resembles a real tombstone, with a black paint job, with the top resembling a group of tombstones. The front of the machine has a compartment containing six bottles of Tombstone Soda. The top of the machine has the logo for Tombstone Soda.
The machine has been redesigned slightly in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, where it now features a winged skull, red in various parts of the machine, and a gold outline, as well as various gold swirls across the machine's exterior. The spot where the beverage is dispensed is now also moved to the right, with the drinks being displayed to the left. It is also now, like every other Perk-a-Cola machine in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, fitted to dispense cans rather than glass bottles.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Green Run
- Die Maschine - Can only be obtained from the Der Wunderfizz machine.
- Firebase Z - In a corner near the Helipad.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Achievement/Trophy[edit | edit source]
- Dance On My Grave (5/Bronze ) - In Green Run, acquire your Tombstone.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Tombstone dropped by the player reads, "In memory of Serozh Sarkisyan, Born July 2, 1888, Died June 5, 1909, Aged 20 YRS 11 MO".
- More than four perks can be obtained with Tombstone by buying it, getting downed, and then buying more perks before grabbing the power-up which will give back the perks obtained before being downed.
- If a player has a perk (such as Juggernog) and gets downed with Tombstone, and buys it again, but then collects his tombstone, Richtofen will laugh and the player will lose everything.
- Oddly, the Tombstone does not return Semtex after one retrieves their drop.
- If playing cooperative online and everyone apart from a single player leaves, that single player, despite now playing by solo rules, will be able to buy Tombstone Soda. Doing so is a waste as Quick Revive will cause the power-up to vanish upon the auto-revival and dying any other way ends the game.
- If an EMP Grenade is thrown at the Perk-a-Cola machine, the player will be unable to get the Tombstone drop.
- If a player goes down while any of their guns is empty/out of ammo, those guns' magazines will be filled up upon picking up the Tombstone power-up.
- If a downed player with Tombstone crawls into the tombstone power-up they will acquire all their perks and guns while down, allowing them to fire whatever weapon the tombstone contained while downed.
- In Call of Duty: Black Ops III, the perk bottle can be found in the multiplayer map Metro in a Zurich Bread Co. store in a fridge.
- The backing track used for the Tombstone jingle comes from a stock track entitled "Goldrush"