|The Sergeant says, "This article needs more content, so stop messing around and add to it right now!"
Trial by Ordeal is a hidden achievement featured in the Zombies map Dead of the Night in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. It requires the player to defeat the evil within. This achievement is the map's main easter egg quest.
To activate the Pack-A-Punch, find the three crystals "Hidden" in Valises around the map. The Purple is Hidden in either Alistair's Bedroom at the foot of his bed, the Trophy Room, or the Hallway just outside his room. The Green is Hidden in the Library, on a table next to a Greek Statue, opposite from the M1897 Trebushet, To the right of the Workbench that's by the stairs (While facing the Workbench), and on a table in Study, above the Library. The Blue is in the Wine Cellar, either in front of a large Barrel as you come down the left hand side of the area or on a table to the right of the MX9 Wallbuy. Each Challenge will drop a Tuning Fork which you can use on the Blockage at the gate. Each Crystal requires several kills to activate, and each of the challenges offered will only activate once the crystal has been "Gazed into".
Each of the crystals will lead you to a place in the map where you must either kill some Nosferatu, Hold your ground in a "Sundial" or escort a Ghost. Each Crystal won't show the same thing each time as each thing changes from Game to game, and one Crystal may show you the Grandfather Clock challenge on one game, and the Nosferatu Challenge on the next.
The Nosferatu challenge is only ever in one of two places, and the Crystal will show you either the Odin Perk, Ra Perk, or the Zeus Perk. You need to either go to the end of the Cemetery where the Fast Travel Portal is, or to a part of the Gardens, where you need to fight off several of the Nosferatu in a small area. The Tuning fork will be dropped by one of the creatures once they're all dealt with.
The Grandfather clock is in one of three places, the Clock in the Grand Hall, in front of where the Band was playing, just ahead of Atlas, to the left of the Mozu. The Second is in the Dining Hall, to the right of the Mystery Box when facing it, and the third is in the Billiards hall, on the left hand side of the room as you enter from the Red door that's opened by the Sentinel artefact.. Once you've interacted with the Clock, a Sundial type clock will appear on the floor, and start to count down from 12 to 0. You must remain inside the Dial for it to count, but you won't be penalized for leaving it. Once Completed, the Tuning Fork will emerge from the body of the clock itself.
The last, and the most troublesome of each of the challenges is the Escort of the Ghost. It is difficult because it is often the hardest to find and activate since there are several known items you can interact with. The Portrait of the Scared Maid is in the Smoking Room, to the left of the Essex Model 07 Wallbuy. The Other maid Portrait that's used is on the opposite side of the Manor, to the Right of the Strife Wallbuy. The Hangman's Noose is in the Cellar, hanging over the back of a chair in the right hand side of the room. The Doll is in the Entrance Hall, sitting on a table to the Left of the Danu Perk, next to a large Vase. The Lady in the dress with the "Scratched out hands" is in the Music Room, between two Zombie Spawn Points, at the back of the room, The Last Will and Testament is in the study, in a red box on the bookshelf just behind the Debris barrier that leads the Cemetery (Unconfirmed).
Step 2 (Activating the Quest lines)
Return to each of the crystals used in step one to activate Pack A Punch and interact with them. Upon interaction, you should see one of the following three images (A knight, a circular object, and a pile of twigs). These are linked to quest lines that are shown in step 3. Each crystal has it's own quest path, the order in which you complete them does not matter.
Step 3 (Quest lines)
Telescope Quest line
1. All players must shoot the rod above the Mausoleum using Silver Bullets at the same time. If done correctly, a light will shine towards the crystal above Atlas' head and the rod will disappear.
2. Make your way to the North Atrium Bridge and you'll reach a panel with three wheels that control the rings over Atlas' head. that you have to line up with the rotating parts above Atlas's head by interacting with the wheels. If you do this correctly, the beam should destroy his head and connect to the telescope in the Greenhouse Laboratory. To solve this quickly follow these steps:
- Turn the middle wheel until the green light is in place.
- Turn the left wheel until the blue light is in place.
- Turn the right wheel until the red light is in place.
- Repeat these steps in the same order until the puzzle is finished.
3. Search for three Zodiac Symbols around the map. When you find a Zodiac symbol, there will be 3 different scratch mark patterns in the same room. Sometimes a scratch mark does not spawn, this will count as +0. Count the scratch marks associated with each Zodiac, this will be important later. They can spawn at the following locations:
- Billiards Room Zodiac - Under the chess table.
- Billiards Room Scratch - Left of the bookcase.
- Billiards Room Scratch - Above the cabinet closest to the smoking room.
- Billiards Room Scratch - When walking in from the Smoking Room, under the table on the right.
- Entrance Hall Zodiac - Under the table straight across the room on the left of the perk machine.
- Entrance Hall Scratch - On the shield to the right of the perk machine.
- Entrance Hall Scratch - On the corner to the right of the portal.
- Entrance Hall Scratch - When you walk in, it's on the left hand side above the painting.
- Trophy Room Zodiac - Far back left of the room, on the right side of the closet where the lamp is located.
- Trophy Room Scratch - To the left of the fireplace across from the Zodiac.
- Trophy Room Scratch - On the desk to the left of the bed.
- Trophy Room Scratch - Through the window on the left after walk through the fire trap.
- Main Hall Zodiac - To the right of the stairs, before going up to west spawn.
- Main Hall Scratch - To the right of the stairs, before heading to the sentinel artifact.
- Main Hall Scratch - To the right of the clock, above the chimney.
- Main Hall Scratch - When walking in from the forest, directly in the upper left corner of the room.
- Library Zodiac - In the broken cabinet, to the left of the gun cabinet.
- Library Scratch - First window to the left of the Zodiac sign, in the upper right corner.
- Library Scratch - When you're facing the Zodiac sign, turn around and it will be on the box.
- Library Scratch - Next to the left foot of the dinosaur.
- Wine Cellar Zodiac - Bottom row of the whine rack closest to the perk machine.
- Wine Cellar Scratch - On the big barrel after going down the stairs on the right.
- Wine Cellar Scratch - Door cabinet between left stairs and perk machine.
- Wine Cellar Scratch - On a barrel behind the Buildable Table.
- Dining Room Zodiac - On the wall between broken pillar and green sofa.
- Dining Room Scratch - On the ceiling in front of the stairs.
- Dining Room Scratch - Corner of the Dining table that's near the stairs.
- Dining Room Scratch - When entering from the East hallway, all the way across the room. On the wall behind the tables.
- Dining Room Scratch - Ceiling near the entrance from the main hall, next to a painting
4. Add up the number of scratch marks in each room, and order those three zodiac symbols from least amount of scratches to most.
5. Head to the Greenhouse Laboratory and go up the stairs to the giant telescope. You'll see a rotating panel with all of the possible zodiac symbols on it. Input your three zodiac symbols in order and confirm them by knifing the panel. If done incorrectly, the three symbols will disappear and all symbols/scratches will change. If done correctly, all three symbols will remain.
5. Pull out your shield and hold interact with the dome crank to open a section of the roof. When the dome is fully open, melee the crank with the shield and it'll be locked open.
6. Activate the electric trap in the Greenhouse Laboratory and have all players take out their shields and run through it. Everyone should then run upstairs and shield bash the telescope at the same time. If done correctly, a beam will fire into the air and reveal the full moon.
7. Go back down the stairs and a big stone slab will be revealed underneath the telescope.
8. Have all players interact with the stone slab. You will be locked in the area and must survive while Zombies, Vampires and Werewolves attack you. When the challenge has completed pick up the stone slab to complete the Telescope Quest. You'll be rewarded with a Max Ammo.
Knight Quest line
1. This step requires the Alistair's Annihilator and a Fire Gate Trap. The Fire Gate Trap in the library is the easiest so place your Fire Energy Core there. Activate the trap and shoot the flames with a charged Alistair's Annihilator shot. The fire should turn blue. Take your shield out and run through the blue flames. You need to melee four fireplaces with your flaming shield in the correct order. This process is repeated three times for a total of 12 fireplaces.
- First set: Smoking Room, Library right of trap, Library left of trap, Billiards Room.
- Second set: Main Hall Left, East Gallery, Main Hall Right, West Gallery.
- Third set: Trophy Room, Master Bedroom, Music Room, Dining Room.
After completing each fireplace run, a crystal can be obtained from the last fireplace.
2. Interact with each of the three knights and a crystal will spawn. These Knights are located in:
- Main Hall
- Greenhouse Terrace
This crystal will follow you as long as you're close to it. Lead the crystals to the Forest and look on the ground for a round symbol corresponding to the crystal colour. When all three crystals are in position, three ghost knights will spawn.
3. Kill zombies near each knight to move them towards the Pack-a-Punch. The knights will meet at the Pack-a-Punch and form a triangle, wolves will begin to spawn. Kill a werewolf inside the triangle created by the Knights and a stone slab should appear.
4. Have all players interact with the stone slab. You will be locked in the area and must survive while Zombies, Vampires and Werewolves attack you. When the challenge has completed pick up the stone slab to complete the Knight Quest. You'll be rewarded with a Max Ammo.
Effigy Quest line
1. This step also requires the Alistair's Annihilator. In the graveyard, certain white birch trees will have leaves falling down from them. Each tree has one branch that can be shot down. Interact with the fallen branch and collect it. Repeat until you've collected 5 branches.
2. There is a gravestone that reads '1912' as the death date. One specific player per game can interact with it and enter spirit mode.
3. Have a player shoot the ground in front of the effigy with the Alistair's Annihilator fireball charged shot to light it on fire. While on fire, have the player in spirit mode interact with the flaming effigy. That player will be pulled onto the effigy and fall through a red corridor. You will now enter afterlife mode and be invisible to other players (but all enemies still attack you).
4. Have the player in afterlife mode head inside the mansion and start searching for a female ghost. She often hides in perk machines and just outside barriers so be sure to scale the edges of every room. Escort the ghost back towards the effigy in the graveyard until she produces a large column of flames. A stone slab will spawn on the ground.
5. Have all players interact with the stone slab. You will be locked in the area and must survive while Zombies, Vampires and Werewolves attack you. When the challenge has completed pick up the stone slab to complete the Effigy Quest. You'll be rewarded with a Max Ammo.
Step 4: Boss Fight
Make your way to the door in the forest and interact with it to enter the boss fight.
Phase 1: A large glowing green square will appear on the ground. Rotate the statues around the edge of the arena so that the beams of light they cast are pointed at this green glowing square. The white beams will turn green if they're aligned correctly. Kite the werewolf into this green square by standing in it, at which point he will become trapped and vulnerable. After dealing enough damage another Max Ammo and Carpenter will spawn and the fight will proceed to phase two.
Phase 2: This phase has no special steps, just survive while Zombies, Catalysts, Vampires, Werewolves, and Crimson Nosferatu attack you. Once you've held out for long enough the boss werewolf will jump back into the arena and another Max Ammo and Carpenter will spawn.
Phase 3: This phase is similar to phase one, except the glowing green square is invisible until found by a statue. Rotate the statues around the edge of the arena until the white beams turns green. Once all three are oriented correctly, the trap is set and you can lure the boss into the green square to damage him. Repeat enough times and the boss will die.