The UH-1 Iroquois "Huey" is a helicopter that was used primarily by the United States military during the Vietnam War. It is featured in the game Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Heroes, and Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. It also makes appearances in the DS spinoff, and the DS spinoff of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Modern Warfare: Mobilized.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized[edit | edit source]
Call of Duty: Black Ops[edit | edit source]
Campaign[edit | edit source]
The "Huey" Helicopter is the main American helicopter in Black Ops, featuring in almost every other mission. The Huey first appears in the mission "SOG" as US troops attempt to defend themselves from the overwhelming numbers of the NVA. In "The Defector," A Huey, callsign RT Texas provides fire support for SOG operatives, followed "Victor Charlie" where one operated by the 1st Cavalry Division is shot down and attacked by Viet Cong or North Vietnamese Forces, while another saves Mason and Reznov from being killed on a cliff side. In Crash Site, it aids SOG in finding the shot down Russian cargo plane containing Nova 6, before two of them, callsigns Centurion 4 and Centurion 5, are shot down. Finally, Mason and other SOG operatives fly several helicopters against Russian defenses on board the Rusalka before Mason's is shot down.
Multiplayer[edit | edit source]
In multiplayer, it is used as the Chopper Gunner killstreak for all factions. Unlike the Chopper Gunner from Modern Warfare 2, the player uses a minigun from the door of the helicopter. It can be shot down with one missile, however, it has a set of flares, so the M72 LAW and Strela-3 require two missiles, unless the former is free-fired.
Known UH-1s[edit | edit source]
- Centurion 3
- Centurion 4 (Shot Down)
- Centurion 5 (Shot Down)
- Hotel 6 (Shot Down)
- Hotel 91 (Shot Down)
- Lima 9
- Wolf 10
- Tail Number 182 (USMC) (callsign unknown), seen at the beginning of "Crash Site"
- Tail Number 72 (USMC), seen on multiplayer map "Firing Range"
- Tail Number 041009 (US Army) three Hueys parked outside of "Jungle"
- Chalk One (Badger 9-1)
- Chalk Two (Badger 9-2)
- Chalk Three (Badger 9-3)
Call of Duty: Black Ops (DS)[edit | edit source]
The UH-1 makes several appearances in-game, being the primary transport helicopter for the SOG. It makes its first appearance campaign appearance dropping off the team in Vietnam in Welcome To The Jungle. Another is seen later picking up the team from Vietnam in Last Heli Out. It also is seen flying by in the tutorial, and as a static prop in the multiplayer map, Base.
It reuses the Mobilized model.
Call of Duty: Heroes[edit | edit source]
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War[edit | edit source]
In Fracture Jaw, numerous UH-1 helicopters appear in the beginning of the mission. Bell boards one with Adler and Sims, callsign Badger Nine-Two (also known as Chalk Two). When Bell are engages Viet Cong in the hills, the player takes control of Badger Nine-One (also known as Chalk One). The three helicopters go to FOB Ripcord to retrieve a nuke while destroying Viet Cong trucks and AA Guns. After they extract the nuke, they fly away and are attacked by rockets. Badger Nine crashes with the nuke. Viet Cong forces charge and the trio holds them off, while the pilots of Badger Nine-Two are killed. Bell throws colored smoke to signal napalm strikes. Jets fly over and drop napalm ordnance, killing the charging Viet Cong forces. The nuke does not detonate. In multiplayer, when the player calls the Chopper Gunner scorestreak, they take control of a door gunner in an UH-1 and can fire the side minigun. It turns around the map.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Outside of Firing Range there is a Huey with no pilot, but spun up and with dual M60s on each side.
- The UH-1 is the second ever drivable helicopter in the series.
- Another parked Huey can be seen outside of Jungle, near the SOG spawn.
- In "Revelations", and most other missions, there are pilots controlling the Huey, but they use Pvt. Davis' model.
- The Huey has "Get Some" written on the left side of the nose. This is possibly a reference to the movie, "Full Metal Jacket". Juggernauts also have this written on their crotch area.
- The UH-1 does not appear in Call of Duty: Black Ops II, but an image of an UH-1 (or an image of a helicopter that resembles the UH-1) can be seen if the player gets Desert Storm achievement.