|"It's up to you, User. It's all up to you."|
This article contains multiple options that are determined by player choice.
The USS Barack Obama (CVN-08), frequently referred to simply as "The Obama", is an aircraft carrier of unknown class operating in the United States Navy, featured in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. It is the home base for protagonists David "Section" Mason and the rest of his SEAL team. It prominently appears in the mission Odysseus, and, depending on the player's actions, this aircraft carrier may be destroyed or saved.
The U.S.S. Barack Obama carrier battle group is under attack by Raul Menendez's drone fleet, and Section's Navy Seal team on U.S.S. Barack Obama's flight deck is under heavy fire by his Mercs forces during Odysseus. Also during the mission, Tommy Briggs is wounded/killed by Menendez or knocked out with a pistol by Javier Salazar. If Admiral Briggs is alive, he will turn on the U.S.S. Barack Obama's air defense system to hold Menendez's drone fleet back until Chinese military send their own drone fleet (if all Strike Force missions are complete and Tian Zhao is dead) and shoot down last wave of Menendez's drones. If Admiral Briggs is dead, he will not turn on the U.S.S. Barack Obama's air defense system and the U.S.S Barack Obama is destroyed by an enemy drone's free fall bomb. In this mission, Chloe Lynch (if she's alive) can be knocked out by Salazar but survive and can disable Menendez's virus, or be killed by Salazar or DeFalco (if he's alive).
It is named after the 44th U.S President, Barack Obama.
- DeFalco (If him, Farid, and Chloe alive; determinant) - Shot by Farid
- Farid (If saved in Achilles' Veil; determinant) - Shot by Javier Salazar or DeFalco
- Chloe "Karma" Lynch (If saved in Karma or Strike force and Farid is dead in Achilles’ Veil; determinant) - Shot by Salazar, throat slit by DeFalco, or killed in the destruction of the carrier
- Admiral Tommy Briggs (determinant) - Shot by Raul Menendez or killed in the carrier’s destruction
- Javier Salazar (determinant; if Harper is alive) - Shot in the head by Harper
- Many USS Barack Obama crew members - Killed by many Mercenaries or accidentally killed by David "Section" Mason
- Unknown number of Mercs - Killed by many USS Barack Obama’s Crew members or David “Section” Mason.