Underpass is a large multiplayer map in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It takes place in the rain under the remains of a highway overpass. It's a great map for all types of weapons. It has narrow corners that make for unrivaled camping spots, and wide curves that can hold devastating firefights. Players must be careful moving around - it is a perfect map for hiding claymores and staging ambushes. In spectator mode, one can see the rest of the highway, and a large bridge.
- A player should be very vigilant when calling Care Packages or Emergency Airdrops, as they can get stuck on the overpass overhead quite easily.
- Snipers with a silencer and/or thermal scope and a ghillie suit allows for easy kills, staying off the radar and even being invisible when hiding in the grass. (Yeah, thats how well the ghillie suit is.)
- A sniper rifle is best used with a Thermal Scope as it is very dark and players stand out when bright white. Cold Blooded is very effective at hiding from Thermal users.
- The grass is tall, so ambushing an enemy is fairly easy, even more so when Cold-Blooded Pro is used.
- Heartbeat Sensors work great in close areas to spot potential ambushers.
- It's possible to get on top of the large cluster of buildings in the center of the map. You can get on the roof from climbing a pile of boxes, leaping from the burnt out car, using the ladder within the shacks themselves, or by jumping off the concrete piling with the ladder.
- There is a wood palette and barrels near the buildings with the towers, you can climb over these to cut paths.
- There's a catwalk in the large warehouse with the tanks and long stairwell. Climb the tank from the upper floor and then climb onto the high beams. This is popular for ambushing, so be careful walking into this area. Also, the dark corner next to the stairs is a potential location to use controllable killstreaks, or ambushes.
- During S&D or Demolition, etc, the key to it is to find the best spot to defend the bomb if you have planted it. Perhaps get your friend(s) to help you out.
- The ladder to the lookout tower is very long, you are extremely vulnerable to fire.
- Be extremely careful when calling in an Airdrop or Airstrike. It is very easy to get stuck or impact on the bridge and nothing is more frustrating than having a valuable killstreak out of reach.
- One of the safest places to call in a care package is in the parking lot on the far edge of the map, as people rarely venture over there.
- In a small building in the middle of the map, there is a blue poster on the wall with the word "Roycewicz" and a phone number. Roycewicz was the private the player saved in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare in the mission "The Bog", and is a member of Infinity Ward.
- There is a small train depot in this map with train cars similar to the ones in the map Derail, they also say Kriegler on them.
- There is a poster up on many walls showing an African-American man. Underneath it reveals a name. The man's name is "Griggs" and has the infinity ward symbol on the top-right corner. Possibly a reference to Staff Sergeant Griggs from Call of Duty 4. Griggs is also an Infinity Ward member.
- There is a teddy bear in a warehouse on the catwalk.
- There is a wall on the map that has "INFIDEL" written on it. On this wall there are also painted pictures of the AK47 and Al-Asad.
- There is a small banana plant on this map which can't be shot through, even with FMJ equipped, similar to the ones in Favela.
- Some of the shipping containers have IWCOD written on their doors, no doubt a reference to the Call of Duty franchise.
|The Sergeant says, "This article needs more content, so stop messing around and add to it right now!"