With Black Ops Cold War fully revealed, I've decided to collect all the details into a single blog post, along with the trailers. Credit to CharlieINTEL for summarising it all.
- The game is a sequel to the original Black Ops, and takes place in the 1980s.
- The campaign will have multiple endings.
- You’ll be able to create your own character.
- Here’s he official description:
- A major new character has been introduced, called Adler. The plot revolves around the hunt for a Russian mole called Perseus (Cold War), with both Alex Mason and Frank Woods returning.
- The campaign is being developed by Raven Software.
- The game will feature cross play.
- All DLC, following last year’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019), will be free. This means that both multiplayers maps and Zombies maps are all free (the first time for the latter).
- As a result, there won’t be a battle pass.
- Early access starts on the 8th of October.
- The Black Ops engine has been revamped, according to Treyarch.
- Multiple studios are involved in the production, including High Moon Studios, Beenox, Activision Shanghai, and Sledgehammer Games.
- The game will be releasing on the PS5 and the new Xbox (I forget the name). The standard addition will apparently be more expensive for the new consoles.
There’s also been some leaks to go with the reveal:
- Two Factions: CIA vs Spetsnaz
- EKIA is back, like Black Ops 4
- Boots on the ground movement is similar to Black Ops 4 and has sliding. There is also slide cancelling.
- Health is at 150 like Black Ops 4, but TTK is faster than BO4
- Full auto health regeneration; no Stim
- Claims “Strong” SBMM like in MW
- The normal Mini-map is back again
- Dead Silence is a perk again. It was not a perk in a build from several months back
- Field Upgrades are back, the following known: Trophy System, Proximity Mine
- Two maps known (Miami club setting & Desert open map that has ammo crates)
- Ground War: A 12v12 Ground War map with three ships that are connected with zip-lines
- Swimming mechanics is back (like Black Ops 3 & 4)
- There are no specialists
- Score streaks are returning, but with a twist. the work with a multiplier for killstreaks.
- Streaks known so far:
- UAV, VTOL, Chopper Gunner, Cruise Missle, Napalm Strike, and Artillery Strike
- Hardpoint (arrow shows next HP), Kill Confirmed, VIP (kind of like safeguard), Ground War
- CONFIRMED GUNS:
- ARs: M16-A2, AK5
- SMG: An uzi-style gun, MP5, AK74u
- Additional: Type 63, Stoner 63, Type 15, Colt Commando
- Sniper: M40
- Simple to BO4, not as many options as MW
- There’s a hybrid Pick 10 and MW-style where you still get 5 attachments on all guns.
- Three perks (one that can add extra attachments)
- "𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚒𝚌 𝙱𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝙾𝚙𝚜 𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝙲𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚘𝚏 𝙳𝚞𝚝𝚢: 𝙱𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝙾𝚙𝚜 𝙲𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚆𝚊𝚛 – 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚜𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚕 𝚝𝚘 𝙲𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚘𝚏 𝙳𝚞𝚝𝚢: 𝙱𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝙾𝚙𝚜, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚕. 𝙲𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚘𝚏 𝙳𝚞𝚝𝚢: 𝙱𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝙾𝚙𝚜 𝙲𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚆𝚊𝚛 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚍𝚛𝚘𝚙 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚑𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚆𝚊𝚛’𝚜 𝚟𝚘𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚐𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚕 𝚋𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚢 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟶𝚜. 𝙸𝚗 𝚊 𝚐𝚛𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚕𝚎-𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚛 𝙲𝚊𝚖𝚙𝚊𝚒𝚐𝚗, 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝚐𝚕𝚘𝚋𝚊𝚕 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚢 𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚒𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚒𝚌 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚆𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚜, 𝙼𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙷𝚞𝚍𝚜𝚘𝚗, 𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚌𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚊 𝚙𝚕𝚘𝚝 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐. 𝙱𝚎𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚊𝚖𝚙𝚊𝚒𝚐𝚗, 𝙱𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝙾𝚙𝚜 𝙲𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚆𝚊𝚛 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝙼𝚞𝚕𝚝𝚒𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚉𝚘𝚖𝚋𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜, 𝚋𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍𝚠𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝙼𝚞𝚕𝚝𝚒𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚛 𝚁𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝚘𝚗 𝚂𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟿."
- — Black Ops Cold War Description
Are you excited for the new COD? Here’s a poll: