IT'S MOTHERFUCKING 1:40 AM EST (I actually completed it at 2:40 AM EST) AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS? CALL OF DUTY WIKI COMMUNITY NEWS BLOG IS COMING EARLY THIS WEEK WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! SUCH PARTY MANY FUNS.
Anyway, serious face, let's get started with the news, shall we?
Call of Duty News
- Infinity Ward teased a Field Order based on the movie "Predator" for Call of Duty: Ghosts This is in no way, at all, an indication that the series has finally run out of ideas.
- The Call of Duty eSports championships are currently taking place in LA!
- Raise your hand if, shock of all shocks, you were expecting multiple War Room Forums to be awaiting discussion.
- A discussion about changing the Wiki's Skin. This means changing the appearance of the Wiki, such as it's primary colors and background. All users are encouraged to participate in the discussion and make suggestions.
- There's a forum about possibly having a Satire category for News Blogs. This would be an additional section to the already existing Game, Community, and Opinion sections.
- A Forum about encouraging users to get more Weapon Images from Ghosts. This is actually a crucial forum. No seriously.
- A forum about the quality of News on the Wiki. TL;DR, we need more live car chases.
- A forum about the content of trivia sections on articles. Because no one seems to know what Trivia is.
- A forum about the Wiki's Youtube Channel Cause we be lookin' to make dat youtube money.
- A forum for suggestions on how to better use the Wiki's facebook page You probably didn't even know we had one cause it's not as cool as the Wiki's twitter. Cause me and N7 run the Twitter.
- A forum about the state of warning templates. You know, the big gray squares we leave on mostly new users talk pages that make us look like uncaring robots. Yeah, those things. We're trying to look like we care more.
- A forum about the new Must Watch Video Wikia feature. I honestly haven't even seen the feature since this forum was created so I don't know why it's still open.
- Forum about how to use Galleries and Images. I got no snarky comments for this one. It's pretty self-explanatory.
- It's been suggested that Articles for Deletion also be listed in the weekly news and I don't see why not. The following pages are all meant for discussion about whether the article in question should be deleted or not, in case that wasn't clear.
- Though not exactly new news, Crazy sam10's Opinion blog about ghosts has been picking up some traction again, and still has some pretty interesting points. Both in the blog and the comments.
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier comes out this Friday in North America and is out in the UK. GET HYPE!!!!
- The Walking Dead Season Finale is this Sunday!
- Terminus. Those who arrive, survive.
- There's this cool little website that tells you have much time of your life you've wasted watching TV.
- Titanfall is still amazing.
- Infamous: Second Son was released to great critical acclaim.
- Sakurai has continued to fail to announce any new characters for Super Smash Bros. 4 this month.
- The Avengers: Age of Ultron is currently filming in Italy. Iron Man, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Ultron have all appeared on set!
- Linkin Park released a music video completely built in Project Spark. Because why not? I guess. I really don't know.
- That Malaysian Flight still hasn't been found. News channels still cover it endlessly.
- X-Men: Days of Future Past got a new trailer which managed to make everything except Quicksilver look cool.
- Minecraft for Xbox 360 (And I think PS3 as well) received Title Update 14, adding a ton of new features to the game.
- Minecraft on Xbox One is supposedly coming soon according to Microsoft's Phil Spencer, but 4JStudio's says there's a ton of work left to be done.
- A Handle of Svedka (Vodka) has been sitting on my desk at College for over two weeks now.
- Oculus got bought out by Facebook so everyone has declared it the Anti-Christ, meanwhile, Sony as announced it's own VR gaming headset, while Microsoft has recently purchased tech related to Augmented Reality devices, similar to google glass.
- Nintendo still thinks Tablets are the future.
- Phil Spencer made comments about Halo 2 Anniversary, so it's basically confirmed.
- This tuesday we will find out who the Clairvoyant is on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
- I feel like I didn't mention Marvel enough.
- Guardians of the Galaxy is coming this summer still. New footage will be shown at the MTV Movie Awards.
- Ant-Man is still coming next year.
- Captain America 3 will be released in 2016 and go head to head with Batman/Superman as they release the same weekend.
- Avengers 3
- IGN has an atrocious community.
- Battlefield 4 received the Naval Strike DLC this week and ended up with a host of issues on every single platform.
Community News That I Straight Just Made Up
- Callofduty4 is a Walrus
- N7 is dumb
- KATANAGOD is neither a Katana or a God
- Magma-Man is a PS4 Fanboy
- I'm an Xbox One Fanboy
- No one like a da Wii U :(
- Crazy sam10 hi
- Sactage is ever watching
- DarkMetroid567 is still missing in action
- I'm pretty sure Nyx evaporated
- Deatmanstratos killed a guy
- No seriously
- AntiScootaTwo left his Xbox One at College
Okay, now figure out which one of these isn't actually made up.
Not Mandatory Poll
The Poll No One Wanted
Upping the ante with one more poll!
As brought up in a recent News Blog, Crazy Sam10 suggested Call of Duty has jumped the Shark since Call of Duty: Ghosts began it's the DLC season. My opinion was as follows:
I think this kinda of wackiness is exactly what Call of Duty needs. Zombies was a big hit cause it was different, out there, and addictive. Extinction is going over well because it's a new way to play an old game and is wacky and fun. I've been extremely happy with the DLC because it shows Infinity Ward going outside they're comfort zone. Ghosts was much too much of a play ti safe sequel with a boring campaign, boring multiplayer maps, and a mode that honestly did feel like a knockoff of zombies. With the DLC, Infinity Ward has been adding actual personality and fun to their games.
Who cares if they jumped the shark? It just adds to the fun and has been downright awesome. Playing as Michael Myers, fighting Aliens in multiplayer, using a Wonder Weapon in multiplayer, all pretty awesome if you ask me. CoD moved away from being a "realistic" military shooter a long time ago. It's about time the devs start embracing that rather than pretending they still are one.
Feel free to discuss if you'd like.
The Chosen .gif
Damac1214's Television Show Suggestions all Summed up in one neat picture
Did you spot the hidden link? Trick question there is none, and per the usual, I will castrate anyone who adds one.
That's all for this week! Hope everyone has a great one! I know I will come friday!