Re: Archive Edit
Ah, I see you've archived your page as well. We're like archive buddies! Or, not. Anyways, I have been making various minor updates to my page, a lot of (choose) and (option) stuff. Makes life a little more random. It could use a good overhaul though. I'll get to that sometime. Also, good new quote. That was one of the more, um, dissapointing? things in the game. Maybe you just use good old solid lead bullets. I didn't realize "Modern Warfare" took place prior to 1883. SaintofLosAngelesXD(M) 04:14, November 26, 2009 (UTC)
- Hm, I must of missed that level. Also, whats up with FMJ for shotguns? Couldn't they have just come up with a more encompassing name? You know, one that didn't imply the rounds that we're using were made in the nineteenth century? And happy Thanksgiving, by the way, if you're into that. SaintofLosAngelesXD(M) 16:33, November 26, 2009 (UTC)
- Interesting how a a conversation about archiving, user pages, and full metal jackets spins off into a conversation about eating meat covered in human blood, isn't it? Think that might tell us something about us? Nah. SaintofLosAngelesXD(M) 01:49, November 27, 2009 (UTC)
Hand damage Edit
I was just strolling around parts of the site, and... Look at Carlyle (guy on right) 's wrist! It's really narrow! And his hand is huge! I find the darnedest things. Sgt. ChiafriendRifleman 02:28, November 27, 2009 (UTC)
- I think I beat that level the first time I tried half-a-decade ago. :P Sgt. ChiafriendRifleman 02:38, November 27, 2009 (UTC)
ATEFI Userbox Edit
Behold, I unveil the new userbox for the Alliance To End Firearm Ignorance! Please add this to your page, member.
</small></sup></font> . 02:32, November 27, 2009 (UTC)
Veteran relatives Edit
(Making a new section because I can.)
Oh, I've been meaning to blab about this for a while, but I always forget or procrastinate. Thinking of your great-uncle Leo, that reminds me of my relatives that are veterans.
My grandpa served in the Navy in 1945. He wanted to join the military when Pearl Harbor happened, but he was only 13 or 14 so his mother obviously didn't let him. I assume he wasn't even a Petty Officer because he was once caught drunk on a short shore leave by an MP officer. He was also caught asleep at his post during a non-combat situation and got in trouble for that.
My grandma's sister's husband was something like a Corporal or Sergeant in either the Army or Air Force in the World War II/Korea era. He died last year.
My grandpa on the other side was an Ensign in World War II and flew a PBY for a while. I think he saw some fighting similar in nature to what Locke saw in Black Cats. He died earlier this year.
I also learned today that his dad was a sailor in World War I and was stationed in Panama.
It'd be embarrassing if I already blabbed this to you before.
Before I forget: when we were IRCing that one time, I think you asked me what branch I was going to do ROTC for, but I already got on RuneScape so I couldn't answer. I haven't decided yet, but I don't want to join the Marines. I'd prefer not to be the first one into a combat situation. Sgt. ChiafriendRifleman 03:00, November 27, 2009 (UTC)
- "Marines. They're a bunch of posers anyway."
- — You
- Nice going. I'm sure you've made Griggs's parents the happiest people ever. :P
- And Heaven's a proper noun, you silly muffin. Sgt. ChiafriendRifleman 03:13, November 27, 2009 (UTC)
- Oh, and speaking of the 101st, Band of Brothers is on Spike right now. Easy Company's attacking Foy and Lt. Dike's giving out bad orders. Winters'll have Cpt. Speirs relieve him soon. Sgt. ChiafriendRifleman 03:17, November 27, 2009 (UTC)
RE: Polls Edit
(I love that picture. Bear in mind it has no other relevance to our conversation.)
Don't mean to burst your bubble, but the polls you made didn't get the high votecounts because you were necessarily a good pollmeister. Since the release of Modern Warfare 2, we've tripled in traffic. As for ending a day early, you made a poll on the 13th and and another on the 20th, so I made one on the 27th. (link)
I put "I don't know who any of those people are." as an option because it's best to have a selection of options that are applicable to everyone. With your poll of "Which of the NEW multiplayer killstreak rewards in Modern Warfare 2 is your favorite?", what were people without the game supposed to vote for? Also, from the data collected, it can be inferred that half of the visitors here are nearly textbook examples of newbies, and also that Sgt. Callard isn't that popular. He accidentally killed himself with his own bomb, after all...
Polls need diversity. Having topics be of new things too often can get stale. If I had the poll be "Which Sergeant would you want to see come back in a future game?" and listed those Sergeants along with the newer ones, they would get pummeled just because of the hype for the new game. Back when Call of Duty 3 came out, lots of fans were in love with Sgt. McCullen. When Call of Duty 4, fans were also in love with Lt. Vasquez. When World at War came out, it was Roebuck and Reznov. And now, it's Ghost an' gang. Nowadays, people don't give much of a fladoodle about McCullin or Vasquez anymore. It's interesting to see which characters fans still love after all the hype is gone. In this case, Sgt. Randall—the best leader there, in my opinion.
And, uh, define what you mean by "decide which one of us is going to have this job". If you mean one of us needs to call dibbs, I have you in checkmate, my friend. ;D. The poll has operated on a first-one-there-gets-control basis for nearly ever, but I suppose that might not work out that well anymore. We could form a mini-committee of pollmeisters (which, now that I think about it, sounds like a dandy idea) who come up with poll ideas together, discuss them and put a new one up every week. I guess that would get more thought put into the creation of polls, because, well, I don't know about you, but I usually think about it for a minute or two then put in a new poll with little afterthought of it.
In other news, I plan on starting a trial period for the community highscores idea to then find kinks to dekink since it's hard to fix kinks that are not yet discovered.
And no idea if you'll like it, but here's a song I've fallen in love with recently. It'll be in the next expansion to CHIA-FM. The name is Italian and translates to "The Dance of the Witches".
- Uh, what exactly are you seeing? Here's what I see:
(cur) (prev) 01:32, 27 November 2009 Chiafriend12 (Talk | contribs | block) (992 bytes) (New poll--Which Sergeant should come back?) (undo) (cur) (prev) 23:52, 20 November 2009 Akyoyo (Talk | contribs | block) (1,359 bytes) (New Poll: Which game did you like to play as Soap in?) (undo) (cur) (prev) 05:34, 13 November 2009 Akyoyo (Talk | contribs | block) (1,107 bytes) (New poll!) (undo)
- Which, right there, shows my edit on the 27th.
- And okay about the committee idea. Sgt. ChiafriendRifleman 05:09, November 29, 2009 (UTC)
- After doing a quick bit of scrounging through Special:Preferences, it appears Wikia added a feature where you can insert your timezone and make the times appear respective of it. I never knew that, and mine's been set to UTC (hence the datestamps at the end of signatures) since before the feature was added. I assume you must've put your own in, which is why it's the same on every computer you use. Sgt. ChiafriendRifleman 23:21, November 29, 2009 (UTC)
Re: This post is... Edit
Well, how 'bout that? 2000 edits, congratulations. And I did have a good Thanksgiving, saw some friends and family and all that. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving as well. SaintofLosAngelesXD(M) 22:23, November 27, 2009 (UTC)
- I had a meh day. Just sat around playing CoD: MW2 for the most part. And Mario Kart Wii. Which is frustrating as hell. Almost as bad as Spec Ops. SaintofLosAngelesXD(M) 02:41, November 28, 2009 (UTC)
It's possible. I'd be comfortable with it, and I'm sure my girlfriend wouldn't mind. Depends of course on where in Arizona (I'm around Flagstaff) and when. I'm regularly out of town visiting family in Colorado, the Phoenix area, and Utah. Occasionally I make the trip to Wisconsin to visit my parents and friend there. So, yeah, if it were to happen when it was convenient, then sure, I think we could work that out. SaintofLosAngelesXD(M) 03:06, November 28, 2009 (UTC)
- Sounds good ;). William Atwater. I've never been into the whole autograph business, but with him... ;) SaintofLosAngelesXD(M) 19:15, November 28, 2009 (UTC)
Did you get that email I sent you? </small></sup></font> . 18:20, November 28, 2009 (UTC)
- I know who he is, I thought it would be cool to see him in person. </small></sup></font>
. 03:35, November 29, 2009 (UTC)
Thanks a lotEdit
Thanks a lot! Much appreciated.17:38, December 2, 2009 (UTC)
Hey, I just was reading random user pages, and I happened to notice that you have the Hardened Edition of MW2.
Would that make a good Christmas gift?
Thanks - PFC. EightOhEight 05:09, December 4, 2009 (UTC) EightOhEight
Re: Hardened MW2 Edit
Oh, okay, thanks. - PFC. EightOhEight 17:17, December 4, 2009 (UTC) EightOhEight
RE:Talk page issues Edit
Hmm... that IS strange. Have you tried clearing your temporary internet files (cookies and the like)? Occasionally stuff like that happens to me and usually having Firefox clear my temp files fixes it.--WouldYouKindly 18:20, December 4, 2009 (UTC)
- Well, now it's happening to me. Let's see if my own advice works for me. :P--WouldYouKindly 18:24, December 4, 2009 (UTC)
Well, it's still happening to me even after I cleared my temporary files. Not sure why it's doing this, may need to file a problem report or something, dunno.--WouldYouKindly 18:34, December 4, 2009 (UTC)
Yeah I know it's screwed up. I'm not sure what to do, though.18:30, December 4, 2009 (UTC)
RE: Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia! Edit
(Vista ate up the first two messages I typed yesterday, agh.)
I've had a demanding week. I'll check it out.
Don't mean to be elitist, but I was thinking of it being more closed-off. The more people that would try to contribute to a conversation, the longer the conversation would probably take to come to a close. If it were just between you and me, one of us could just suggest something and the other could either approve it or suggest changes that the other would probably find suitable.
Just a guess of mine, but I would envision that it wouldn't be that high of a priority for either of us. We would need to bust a new one out every seven days at least. If we tried to have a vote, that could slow things down and would be much less succinct than just the two of us discussing things.
Or, another idea: we could ignore the War Room and just go ahead with it! We'll launch a blitzkrieg and catch everyone off guard! They'll never see it coming! We'll change the polls just seconds after midnight every week! There would be nothing that they would be able to do to stop us! We would be unstoppable! We would be unable to be stopped! Muahaha! </crazy dictator>
I don't think you ever told me what you thought of "La Danza Delle Streghe". What did you think? I'm listening to a remix of it as I type this. :] Sgt. ChiafriendRifleman 21:38, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
- You're a volunteer, silly. You don't get fired, you get banned. >:3
- Sounds good to me.
- Nope, did not remember that. Sgt. ChiafriendRifleman 22:23, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
Re: Community WTF? Edit
Makes sense that all the wiki's biggest contributers would be good old buddies. Off topic, have you ever watched that new show Community on NBC? I watch it, and I really like it. Chevy Chase is great. I won't be reading your reply tonight, as I am going to bed shortly after posting this. This is assuming you even reply tonight. So, talk to you tomorrow. SaintofLosAngelesXD(M) 04:52, December 8, 2009 (UTC)
- Okay, I lied. I do have DVR, and I honestly don't think I live without it. Before I got DVR, I watched maybe three shows, but now i follow at least twenty different shows, and somehow I manage to keep them all separate from each other. Now, I'm definitely going to bed. Well, not bed, I'm going to watch some TV that I recorded about five weeks ago. Ta. SaintofLosAngelesXD(M) Spc. SoLAXD(m)T C E B S 05:11, December 8, 2009 (UTC)
Re: White Stripes Edit
. 10:42, December 9, 2009 (UTC)
. 22:17, December 9, 2009 (UTC)
. 22:26, December 9, 2009 (UTC)
. 22:43, December 9, 2009 (UTC)
RE: This week's poll Edit
As Master Chief would say, "itz gon b k al rigt".
I was thinking of something like "Which of the following traditional units do you think is the most formidable?" with the 1st (both Infantry and Marine), 29st, 82nd, 90th and 101st Divisions, 2nd Rangers and others as options. I would leave out the SAS, PPA, Task Force 141 and Shadow Company because, well, special forces-type units would probably win hands down and aren't units in the same fashion that all the others are. I would also leave out the 62nd Rifle Division since it isn't even actually seen.
The code would be:
<poll> Which of the following traditional units do you think is the most formidable? 1st Infantry Division 1st Marine Division (inclues 1st Force Recon) 2nd Ranger Battalion 3rd Shock Army 4th Armoured Division 7th Armoured Division 13th Guards Rifle Division 29th Infantry Division 75th Ranger Regiment 82nd Airborne Division 90th Infantry Division 101st Airborne Division </poll>
Or, if you think there are too many units, a shorter version with only American unites:
<poll> Which of the following traditional units do you think is the most formidable? 1st Infantry Division 1st Marine Division (inclues 1st Force Recon) 2nd Ranger Battalion 29th Infantry Division 75th Ranger Regiment 82nd Airborne Division 90th Infantry Division 101st Airborne Division </poll>
- Sorry, I would've responded thirty seconds sooner, but I realized that "In the End" by Linkin Park (Alernative, 2001) was playing on the local cheesy Top 40 radio station, became confused and then had to set the pug-in-to-the-wall CD-and-record-playing radio so I could listen to it after hearing it on my MP3 player which I could have just continued listening to. Gosh, I'm so efficient.
- Define "tanks". Are we talking about a multiplayer class style (in RuneScape, a "tank" is any player who tries to have high Defence, for example), or actual tanks? If we were to do that, the tanks from Call of Duty: Finest Hour, Big Red One, 2 and 3 will probably be swamped just because, in relative terms, hardly anyone knows how those tanks acted. Personally, I don't think they were even used enough for one to be differentiated as being better than another.
- Oh, maybe we could make a poll of something like "Do you think Ghost should have died?" with answers like "Yes, he died a hero!" or "No, he deserved to live!". I'd totally vote for him to die. :]
- I just looked, and the polls appear to be fixed. Sgt. ChiafriendRifleman 00:29, December 10, 2009 (UTC)
Separate User Pages Edit
Pictures, images, and photographs (Actually, just one) EditThe most badass picture ever uploaded? Yep. SaintofLosAngelesXD(M) 06:25, December 10, 2009 (UTC)
- I know right? It's just that amazing. I, for one, do wear pants at home. Never shorts, though. Even though I live in Arizona, where it can get rather hot. All my friends think I'm weird, but I just can't stand shorts. I hear it isn't exactly shorts weather in the Midwest. My friend got eight inches of snow up in Wisconsin, just last night. I like snow. I go snowboarding up in Colorado sometimes. You ever do that, or ski? SaintofLosAngelesXD(M) 01:06, December 12, 2009 (UTC)
This edit is... Edit
An idea for the new poll - which Console do you play on?
- XBOX 360
what do you think?20:45, December 11, 2009 (UTC)
- I can already see the results:
- 1. PC
- 2. XBOX 360
- 3. PS3
- 4. PSP
- 5. Wii
- 6. DS
- 7. XBOX
- 8. Gamecube
- 9. Other
Get this... Edit
..my best friend David (he thinks that he knows everything about about guns and CoD) believes that the word "clip" is the correct way to say magazine, the correct way! Should I punch him in the face? Maj.Gage Talk . 20:43, December 12, 2009 (UTC)
Rubix Cube Edit
New Poll Idea Edit
If the poll has to be CoD related, scrap this.
I thought that you could make a poll titled "Which Game Are You Most Hyped For?"
And the choices would be:
- GRAW 3
- Fallout: New Vegas
- Crysis 2
- Call of Duty 7
- New Medal of Honor
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2
- Army of Two: 40th Day
- Splinter Cell: Conviction
Good, or not?
Finally... Edit...someone that understands! Maj.Gage Talk
. 11:26, December 16, 2009 (UTC)
I didn't see that pic. I solved the Rubix cube by using things called "algorithims". Look it up for details. Here's 2 links to gun blogs that I like.
Akyoyo, DO EVERYTHING! Edit
That should be our new logo. Or, if disembodied heads scare you as they normally do me:
- Don't know. Someone linked to it during an IRC discussion in #Halopedia. Sgt. ChiafriendRifleman 01:37, December 18, 2009 (UTC)
RE: Polls Edit
Yes, in fact, I came up with what I thought was a great one just yesterday. But I apparently forgot it already.
I already went with Callofduty4's idea of having a poll on what people used to play, and I think that's a sufficient poll.
In other news, I got both Halo 3: ODST and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Hardened Edition, yay) for Christmas yesterday. Sorry to say, but I played and beat ODST before even putting Modern Warfare 2's disc into my Xbox for a second. Heh. I beat ODST in five hours of gameplay. The Automag is your friend! Sgt. ChiafriendRifleman 22:56, December 26, 2009 (UTC)
The Alliance to End Firearm Ignorance Edit
Character Template Edit
How do you create a character template? I asked Major Gage and he tried to help and i tried what he said but it did not work. Inerforce
You should be an admin Edit
800 main space edits. You really deserve to get the rights. Peter Griffen Boy 05:21, January 1, 2010 (UTC)
Operation Market Garden Edit
Your said family member was in operation market garden? The operation failed because the germans were to well supplied, trained, and fortified. The Allies stuck it out for 6 or 7 days before a general retreat was called.
Poll idea Edit
I don't know if this is good or not, I'm just throwing an idea out so we don't get the new poll a week late like last time. We could do something along the lines of "What do you definitely NOT want to be the focus of the next Call of Duty game?" And the obvious answers (another WWII, Vietnam, Future Warfare etc.) I for one definitely don't want a future warfare game, ever. That's not Call of Duty's thing. And I want my guns to shoot bullet's, dammit.
- Yeah, the Brit was kind of a dick at first wasn't he? I don't remember the exact plot, but if I do remember correctly, he turned out OK in the end, and he was one of two that survived. Correct me if I'm wrong. You're right, AEFI would make more sense as an acronym, but early on somebody (don't remember who) abbreviated it ATEFI and it just kinda stuck. SaintofLosAngelesXD(M) 19:19, January 1, 2010 (UTC)
Funny as hell... Edit
I just read your entry about the "clip" and "toast" sounds on the ATEFI page, and I almost laughed my balls off. MarinesNeverDie 04:26, January 4, 2010 (UTC)
Hmm, I saw you played Airsoft, and I was interested into as what guns you use.
Personally, I use a MP7 AEG with a 160 round magazine, and a HK416 with a 40 round magazine. The HK416 is much more accurate.
I play Airsoft at this base near my house, it's a shooting range.
It's pretty fun.
New Weekly Poll Edit
Just a suggestion -
Or, something more themed around the upcoming Call of Duty 7:
If you don't mind, I'm going to add the M79 in, because that was a big part of the Vietnam gun deployment.
Chia says "hi" Edit
I was thinking the other night. Infinity Ward said there would be a space level and an underwater level in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. However, they were scenes, not levels, and you had no control, so the coverage given by the press and by Infinity Ward themselves were quite misleading. I considered a poll about it, asking if users—now that it is explained that it was misleading—if they were disappointed or not. Thoughts? Sgt. ChiafriendRifleman 01:54, January 15, 2010 (UTC)
Your Blog Edit
- Haha, good one. I think one of the best quotes ever is "My mind is my own church". It really makes sense. Maj.Gage Talk
. 07:47, February 18, 2010 (UTC)
Re: Welcomes Edit
Where did ya go?11:22, April 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Alright then. Too bad we can't have you around, yet... But we look forward to your return. :D 12:37, April 14, 2010 (UTC)
- The wait will make your return all the more glorious. Zombie Jesus will be gone. 16:19, April 17, 2010 (UTC)
Due to your impeccable behavior and/or contributions, you have been awarded the Medal of Editing. You are a hard working editor, and you make the wiki proud. We applaud you for obtaining the title of User of the Month, and we encourage further editing from you.
Keep up the good work!
I'm back, bitches! Edit
Guess what? If you thought "Akyoyo is back," you're right, and you get a cookie! Summer's rolled in, and I've got nothing else to do with my time. Well, except for Driver's Ed., but that doesn't occupy much time. SO, be prepared to explain everything that happened while I was gone...because I'm not anymore! -- Ari "Akyoyo" MacIsaac · Talk 05:10, July 4, 2010 (UTC)
Hey Akyoyo, welcome back. I would visit the War Room to check up on a lot of discussions. The main things that have been going on since you left were the banning of PGB, the surprise blogging ban, which was lifted within hours due to a massive uproar, the various requests for adminship and the various forums regarding them, and the current forum regarding the restriction of blogs.
I'll try and remember a few more things off the top of my head, but at the moment that's the most important things I can remember. Good to have you back!11:11, July 4, 2010 (UTC)
Hi, I'm an admin here that arrived to edit around the same time as you stopped. I am helping CoD4 into filling you in. Various de-sysop and de-crat forums for CoD4, Imrlybord7 and Darkman 4 have happened, many of which over the surprise blogging ban. Doc. Richtofen 12:33, July 4, 2010 (UTC)
Welcome back Edit
Glad to see you're back! If there weren't so many RfA's now, I'd nominate you. Anyways, like CoD4 said, things have changed. Sadly, Saint barely edits anymore, and I'm an admin now. I've been reading your blog (I swear to anyone that I admire that you are a freaking genius) Anyways, glad to see your back. Maj.Gage Talk. 05:46, July 5, 2010 (UTC)
Back from the dead, I see? Edit
Quite the unexpected turn of events. Imrlybord7 05:54, July 5, 2010 (UTC)
Re: Scotland Edit
Yeah, I'm 100% pure Scottish ;D The German flag is there to show my support (and therefore my Scottish duty) to those who hammer England at "soccer", and I do live in Scotland as well but one day hope to move to the USA - 10:16, July 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah I put in quotations because of the english way of being arrogant about football, and how they say to people "Oh do you watch soccer?" hahaha. Well you've probably heard of Glasgow, I live kinda near there. - 15:11, July 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah I have, one of my favourite TV shows. Why do you ask ? - 15:19, July 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Hmm, you'd think they'd say where he was from. In one episode I think his family were shown in Inverness - 16:15, July 5, 2010 (UTC)
What's up? Edit
I haven't seen you on in awhile. Welcome back! CoD addict 04:49, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
Userpage fixup Edit
I've fixed up the spacing between your userboxes so the "and" fits in between. Also, you probably didn't know I existed until now, but if you don't mind me asking, where did you go? 15:47, July 15, 2010 (UTC)
- Sure. 14:26, July 16, 2010 (UTC)
put in a request and ill review it for you. Just cut and paste msg you sent to my talk on your request and I'll get back to you. Talk 08:30, July 16, 2010 (UTC)
You are in, you can use the NUW templates if you wish. Talk 00:22, July 17, 2010 (UTC)
Re: The 247th Welcome Back Message Edit
Don't get too cocky now, your only the 246th. And it was you along with DevilWarrior as well as my increasingly common boredom. I've also started reading books again, which I haven't done in a while. SaintofLosAngelesXD(M) 00:20, July 17, 2010 (UTC)
Re: Blogging Edit
Thanks. I don't care too much about blogging myself, but I believe that if we're going to ban it, we should be doing so for the right reasons. --Scottie theNerd 09:47, July 20, 2010 (UTC)
Welcome Back Edit
Welcome back Akyoyo! I'm sorry if the "Welcome Backs" are clogging up your talk page, but it's just so good to see you again! Do I get a cookie now?
Random Man 0213 15:18, July 26, 2010 (UTC)
CoD1 screenshots Edit
Please enable forced anti-aliasing in your graphics card settings when uploading Call of Duty 1 pictures. And, save them as JPG instead of PNG. Not everyone has good connection. >SiPlus -talk -contributions_ 08:03, August 2, 2010 (UTC)
Where'd you get the quote generator? YuriKaslov 05:59, August 27, 2010 (UTC)