Welcome aboard Edit
Welcome to the Call of Duty Wiki, Bioniclepluslotr! Here's some Editing 101 on how you can help:
RE: Verruckt Edit
Is it actually called "Zombie Verrückt" in-game? I always thought it was jus "Verrückt", per what I read. I've only have any of the map packs, so I can't check for myself. I would say that whatever it is titled as in-game would be what we title the article as. Sgt. ChiafriendRifleman 23:23, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
- That won't work for me. I have World at War for the 360, and it lists Nacht der Untoten as being the final campaign level. I would need Live to get the updates that would list subsequent levels. Sgt. ChiafriendRifleman 23:38, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
- OK, we can keep it as Zombie Verruckt. I haven't been on PS3 later, so I myself cannot confirm. Sorry.
Regarding Featured Articles Edit
Seeing as we had a flux of Modern Warfare 2 article requests, we decided to try and get one from a different CoD game. Next month there will be a chance for a MW2 article. Doc. Richtofen 17:05, April 24, 2010 (UTC)
OK, done. Thanks.17:20, June 19, 2010 (UTC)
is adding useless random shit to pages for the sake of edits so you can get ahievements and points. TheManOfIron
- It's making small, pointless, poor edits for the sole reason of getting the achievements that have been implemented on this wiki. 23:08, August 7, 2010 (UTC)
i reverted your edit because..... Edit
there is a archive template right at the top of the forum stating that it is an archive and not to edit it. yet you chose to ignore that warning. so it was reverted. Talk 22:30, August 27, 2010 (UTC)
Hi. This is the article: http://callofduty.wikia.com/index.php?title=Forum:Proposal:_Remove_COD:AFP&oldid=537384
if you look at the tiime that i closed the forum and the time you cast your vote you will see that i had closed the forum before you voted. It was probably an oversight and it really is not a big deal. I just wanted to let you know why it was reverted so you dont freak out. Talk 21:25, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
Advising Posters to License Their Images Edit
Please license all future images that you upload to the wiki. Any image found not to posses a image license can/will be deleted. If you have any questions please contact me on my Talkpage and I'll be glad to help. Talk 03:36, February 8, 2011 (UTC)
Not to be an ass, but, regarding your signature: the fact you have it as <font color="lime"> kind of makes it seem you're an admin, since we have our names hilited in an almost identical colour. I'm not forcing you to, but I'd appreciate it if you could change it to a different colour. -- sactage (talk) 12:40, April 10, 2011 (UTC)
- It's not a colour for a signatures, it's any link to our userpages, like User:Sactage. It only doesn't show if we override it with a tag. Also, change the <font color="violet"> in your sig to <span style="color:violet"> and the </font> to </span>, is deprecated HTML, and can be used for more. :p -- sactage (talk) 13:18, April 10, 2011 (UTC)
It is indeed valid to talk about the new characters being based off IRL characters, but not valid to put IRL info about the IRL characters. --Callofduty4 17:02, April 27, 2011 (UTC)
Ok. Sorry. But seriously, pay more attention to edits before you undo them. Look at how I edited the Sarah Geller page. There was two trivia sections. Pay more attention please.02:38, April 29, 2011 (UTC)
It's ok. But put that the admins said it was ok in the edit summary next time. It'll help, alot!02:42, April 29, 2011 (UTC)
There's no need for a policy, we're a Call of Duty Wiki, we only cover Call of Duty. --Callofduty4 03:04, April 29, 2011 (UTC)
Done, thanks for telling me about it.16:52, May 20, 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you again, I've fixed the template to your specification. 22:58, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
If you read the Forum:Eliminating the upload of Pimp My Gun Images., it states that any PMG uploaded after May 26,2011 will be deleted, but any remaining PMG's can stay. Make sure that the PMG's werent uploaded before then. 21:58, July 22, 2011 (UTC)
Only PMGs uploaded after May 26th 2011 are to be deleted. Per this. 22:01, July 22, 2011 (UTC)
Licensing Your Images Edit
- For images that are game screenshots, use Copyrighted Media.
- For non-game screenshots (pictures taken from the web etc.), use Fair Use.
- For images that are not licensed, or images you have made yourself, use Public Domain.
You add the license to the image at the same time you upload it to the wiki. For more help and details, see here. If you have any questions please contact me on my Talk page and I'll be glad to help.
- 02:16, December 5, 2011 (UTC)
I was browsing through the new images and I found mah images here.
Regards, EliteMaster117 00:28, December 11, 2011 (UTC)
I just saw that you uploaded my images to the site, so I instinctively thought it was for personal profit, greedy bastard I am. But nope, just for the SAS and PMC pictures. I'm BloodThorn17 on your friends list on Xbox, you know.
EliteMaster117 02:53, December 11, 2011 (UTC)
It doesn't matter as long as they were put to good use! EliteMaster117 04:49, December 11, 2011 (UTC)
Call of the Dead characters Edit
They're not based off of the actors; they're supposed to be the actors in the Zombies 'verse.23:23, February 26, 2012 (UTC)
Two main reasons:
- They were broken videos, they were tagged as unused on the file's page.
- Per COD:FILE
- If I were you I'd replace the videos on your page with YouTube tags before I delete the others on your page, I can't check a file to see if it's on your page as it comes up unused, and the author who uploaded the videos on all the videos is Wikia. 10:10, July 21, 2012 (UTC)
Bad Edit EditAn edit you recently made to a page was undone because it was either:
Please read the Manual of Style and the policies in order to brush up on the style and professionalism that is expected on this wiki.
The very fact that we had to split the articles shows that they are in fact two completely different characters for our purposes.23:31, August 18, 2012 (UTC)
Except it wasn't my decision. It was the community's. If you'd been here when we took the decision you could have argued your point then.00:12, August 19, 2012 (UTC)
Your Comment Edit
- A comment which was deleted on Raven's blog, the one where he states he won't get Black Ops II. There's really no need to bump dead blogs, and comments doing that will be deleted. DarkMetroid567Talk 02:35, August 30, 2012 (UTC)
MMR Scope Edit
If you want to get MMR Scope deleted, you're gonna have to make an AFD page for it instead of just putting the deletion template there. Joseph Tan l talk l edit count l contribs l 14:41, November 24, 2012 (UTC)
Bad Image EditAn image you recently uploaded was considered a poor image because it was either:
Please read the image policy in order to brush up on the style and professionalism that is expected on this wiki.
- File:BO2 Betty.jpeg, File:Black Hat Guardian.jpg and File:Custom Assault Shield.jpeg were all badly named.
15:51, November 25, 2012 (UTC)
- You could've just waited for the custodians to rename them. I gave you a warning for how you named them, it's not telling you to upload them again. Now you've made more hassle for the custodians. 06:58, November 26, 2012 (UTC)
War Room move Edit
Please don't bump dead blogs Edit
If a blog has not been commented on for more than thirty (30) days then it is considered dead and should not be bumped.
Thank you for your co-operation, have a nice day.
12:52, July 4, 2013 (UTC)
Bumping a dead blog Edit
A blog comment you recently made was deleted because it was posted on a blog that is considered "dead". Any blog not commented on close to, or over 30 days old is seen as a "dead blog" and is asked you do not comment on it.
You are still free to make comments; however, please make sure they are up to standards!
- 16:32, January 1, 2014 (UTC)
You may not know me, but I have recently been going through tones of images and categorising them, along with another user. I saw some of the images you uploaded, and wanted to say great job for uploading them! They were really great images, just a couple of them had to be renamed.
Wow, you've been here since 08?
20:59, December 24, 2014 (UTC)
Response to edit Edit
I thought it said in this article (https://community.sledgehammergames.com/community/sledgehammer/blog/2015/07/14/three-new-weapons-coming-to-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-on-721) that you need to get a variant first (https://imgur.com/eM73CuB.png) Luke25361 (talk) 14:23, July 15, 2015 (UTC)Luke25361
Re: Blunderbuss Edit
Oh, you're right. I was going off leaked info from YouTubers .-. Bioniclepluslotr 22:09, July 15, 2015 (UTC)
I heard the same from a lot of big YouTubers too, they should've really double-checked their facts first lol
22:31, July 15, 2015 (UTC)Luke25361
Hey. Well done for winning our giveaway. Please fill out this form so we have your details to pass on. No one else will be able to see your submission, and I will likely delete the form after it has been forwarded to Jorge.Thanks and congrats! 13:29, September 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks! Bioniclepluslotr 13:42, September 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Hey again. I just realised I'd left out an important question on the above forum (asking for usernames). So if you're one of the users that have already put details in, please edit your response so that you can put an answer the new question. thanks. 20:19, September 13, 2015 (UTC)