- 1 Recent video
- 2 Don't delete discussions
- 3 Image Naming and Licensing
- 4 Regarding your recent images
- 5 Black Ops Intel main articles
- 6 Small Images
- 7 CoDO weapons images
- 8 Reporting users
- 9 Images
- 10 Video Uploads
- 11 AfM/AfD
- 12 Console command weapons list
- 13 Image Names
- 14 Duplicate Image
- 15 RE:Bomb page
- 16 Re:Bomb
- 17 IW attachments
- 18 Chat
- 19 Nuketown
- 20 RE:
- 21 Perk bottles
- 22 Modern Warfare Remastered Pictures
- 23 RE:ACR
- 24 You
- 25 Block
- 26 RE:
- 27 Duplicate videos
- 28 Block
- 29 Images
- 30 Update perk images??
While your recent upload did show off the mission, the fact you were using console commands to remove the HUD and give yourself God mode means its not a very good showcase of the mission. Simply rushing though the level without taking damage does not show much to viewers.
14:36, January 9, 2016 (UTC)
- Again. Please do not upload videos where you have used console commands to cheat. We only want vanilla gameplay videos. 14:32, February 13, 2016 (UTC)
Don't delete discussions
Hello, NotLessOrEqual. It has come to my attention that you have recently deleted part or all of the text on a talk page, that was not vandalism. This is a violation of one the policies on the wiki, seen here, in which you can not delete discussions from a talk page with exception of obvious vandalism, flaming, or spam. If you would like to archive your talk page, please ask an administrator. If you continue to delete discussions off talk pages, you will eventually be subject to a block. Thank you for understanding, have a nice day!
- 10:47, April 11, 2016 (UTC)
Image Naming and Licensing
when naming images, please put the game initials at the end of the file name, before the file extension (example: [File Name]_[Game Initials].[File Extension]). also, please remember to license your images; for info on how to do this, please see COD:FILE#Licenses. thank you. RisingSun2021 (RisingSun's Talk Page ☀ Blog Posts ☀ Contributions) 22:17, May 15, 2016 (UTC)
Regarding your recent images
Hey, thanks for helping out with the recent FAMAS images, but regarding the images for attachments, etc., we'd rather have images showing the weapon without other customizations such as camo and emblem. Among your images, I only kept the ones for the stuff that was missing (such as Masterkey) and the ones that were replacing lower quality ones, while I removed the remaining ones. And regarding the naming, the games's initials should be at the end of the file name (e.g. File:Famas Flamethrower BO.png).10:48, May 21, 2016 (UTC)
Black Ops Intel main articles
Since Black Op's Intel collectibles actually contain content such as backstory and further detail, I am aiming to create one for every campaign level. I have already started on the first one: http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Operation_40/Intel
Tell me what you think of it. If it is good, I'll go ahead and create the rest.
Hey I've notice you've been changing the images a bit. Your work is well appreciated, but next time please don't make them too small, so that they can be easier to see when taking a closer look. Thanks.20:01, May 30, 2016 (UTC)
CoDO weapons images
Out of interest, where are you getting your recent images of Online weapons from? Although they are good quality, they are shown at a kind of awkward angle, and we'd prefer to have them showing the actual side of the weapon.11:41, May 31, 2016 (UTC)
Hello. I got my CoD Online images straight from the game's create a class itself. I had it cut on photoshop then placed it. As for the "Odd angle" I am replicating the image in an angle the same way the game developers created for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (and Modern Warfare 3) Multiplayer. here is an example: http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/M4A1
Look at the angle the Devs placed the images for each weapons of MW3 and MW2. I am just trying to follow the established convention they already laid out.
So now all weapons (including some Black Ops 1 weapon sprites) all look similar in fashion (except BO2). Fun fact: CoDoL and MW2 use the same game engine (but not the MW3 version)
11:49, May 31, 2016 (UTC)
- So there isn't any way for you to get images showing the weapon's side like this? Given the possibility of rotating the weapon in the create-a-class (unlike MW2, MW3 and the others), we'd rather you upload images like this if possible. 11:58, May 31, 2016 (UTC)
- If you like them that way, its fine by me, you can revert it if required. Also, please note that the U.I and Heads Up Display in the game cannot be disabled and thus it will be difficult to grab the image from Create-A-Class without parts of the U.I (Chinese letters/letterbox) obstructing parts of the weapon.
- Actually, almost all of your weapons images are fine, aside from the angle of some of them (though I agree that it might be difficult to get side images without the letterbox obscuring the weapon). Thus, I kept most of them but moved them to the appropriate locations (such as attachments/camouflage subpages, and gallery showing another angle of the weapon, etc.). 13:41, May 31, 2016 (UTC)
A user has recently claimed that you reported a user for vandalism. I need to enquire if this is true, as if it is you need to report such issues to sysops on this Wiki and not to members off-wiki as they have no power to give out warnings to users. If this isn't the case please let me know, as it would seem other users are invoking your name in order to harass other users. Thanks.
21:34, May 31, 2016 (UTC)
- For the record, I actually need a response to the above. If you didn't try to report users to another user on another wiki than it's fine and someone is attempting to use your name for no good reason. However if you remain silent, leading me only to assumptions, then there will be issues. 16:54, June 4, 2016 (UTC)
- I dont know what this is all about, I didn't report anyone for anything. Is there a link to this ongoing issue which I have no idea about?
01:57, June 5, 2016 (UTC)
- A user recently claim in an edit that you had reported Ultimate to them. However from your reaction I have reason that you didn't and that this user has tried to invoke your name for no reason. 11:50, June 5, 2016 (UTC)
your images are appreciated, but again, when naming images, please put the game initials at the end of the file name, before the file extension; and please remember to license your images. if your having trouble understanding what i mean about these things, please contact an active custodian or admin. thank you. RisingSun2021 (RisingSun's Talk Page ☀ Blog Posts ☀ Contributions) 00:25, June 9, 2016 (UTC)
Probably forgot. Thanks for reminding NotLessOrEqual (talk) 03:24, June 9, 2016 (UTC)
- oh ok, no problem. RisingSun2021 (RisingSun's Talk Page ☀ Blog Posts ☀ Contributions) 05:34, June 12, 2016 (UTC)
Hey a few of your recent videos you uploaded already existed on the wiki. Next time check if a video already is existent on the wiki before uploading it, because creating duplicates only serve to mess up a video's file history, nor do they add any significant improvements. Thanks.21:03, June 10, 2016 (UTC)
Go there in order to nominate a page for merging or deletion. You might want to check one of the examples (active/archived nominations) in order to it properly. 07:24, July 28, 2016 (UTC)
This seems very complicated. I am ranked trusted user in Battlefield Wikia which gives me special admin abilities so over there I just simply delete and redirect but I cannot here since I have no rank yet. If it didnt work, can you do it for me? Or teach me?
08:22, July 28, 2016 (UTC)
- You need to vote for either simply deleting the page or merging it, not both. You also need to write a short summary to explain why do you vote split/deletion. See any existing AfD for a base model. 08:56, July 28, 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you for answering. Did I do it right this time? http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Call_of_Duty_Wiki:Articles_for_Deletion/Airstrike I think I dod. Raining Pain seemed to have added the merge template back onto the page so I think i did it right. He has not said anything to me personally yet. —Unsigned comment was added by NotLessOrEqual
- I did a bit of cleanup to put it in the right format. Now it looks (more or less) right. 11:24, July 28, 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you so much. Ill now copy this for whatever other stuff which needs merging, I know what to do now. Have a nice day!
- 11:27, July 28, 2016 (UTC)
Console command weapons list
'Sup buddy, it's appreciated that you're trying to help build the wiki, but lists of console commands for weapons are not needed at all for the campaign levels articles. Such commands only belong to the weapons pages themselves, and simply the base weapon, not the commands such as "masada_reflex", etc.10:13, August 5, 2016 (UTC)
I understand that but be aware that for certain levels have different weapon combinations scattered throughout the map, some weapons can be spawned but others are not depending on the mission (either because it is there or not there). It would prove beneficial for people to know what weapons are available for that map without having to search the entire internet for a list.
Also each weapon the campaign also have the same type only with different attachments available, so players would be better informed of this. Hope you can reconsider and have it reverted. As I said earlier, it shoudl only apply to older games where console commands are available for use.
10:18, August 5, 2016 (UTC)
- That's how campaign pages on this wiki work, we don't put lists of weapons console commands on them (not to mention that players who are into modding obviously have their ways to get the names on their own). Such additions would be a major change for the formatting of campaign pages (even if it doesn't apply to later games), so I suggest that you bring this topic to a forum if you want to add these. 10:24, August 5, 2016 (UTC)
- Ugh, fine, whatever. I suggested to do this because the CoD wikia is a reliable source and by putting the command names here it would all be in one place without people having to go off to different sources to find them which would prove time consuming. Also, its not that much of a major change in format, its just one small collapsible box underneath weapons lists WHERE IT IS EXPECTED to be. I can probably find similar ones for games which are from CoD 1 all the way up to CoD Black Ops but I wont be able to further up than that thanks to Activison. I find this a very beneficial if not minor addition to the wikia. I even went out of my way create the Intel pages of Black Ops due to many character and level info lacks proper sources. It is a major change and addition to the CoD wikia, I did this without permission or discussion on the forums and I got away with it good. So something as small but very beenficial such as a console commands weapons list for older games shouldnt create that much of an impact. I do hope you can be reasonable and reconsider your position.
10:34, August 5, 2016 (UTC)
- After thinking about it, the best solution would be to creates subpages of the console commands page itself in my opinion, and feel free to add the list of weapons combinations there. (e.g. "Developer console/Call of Duty 4" or whatever name that suits the best, and add the campaign levels sections) 11:10, August 5, 2016 (UTC)
- Yes that might be a better idea, I can see where you are getting at. Once I have the time ill start up a prototype page and notify you to see if you guys think its satisfactory for expansion or implementation. Note that I only have a complete list for each specific level for CoD: MW2, an entire list of available weapons but not specific to which level for CoD 4 and the rest i'll have to do further research. Stay tuned. 11:13, August 5, 2016 (UTC)
Wilco.13:26, August 6, 2016 (UTC)
A recent image you uploaded, "Map Pack3 Promo.jpg", was a duplicate of this one, which isn't allowed under our file rules. You're uploading some great stuff, just keep in mind to check if they haven't already been uploaded. Capt. MillerTalk 06:48, August 15, 2016 (UTC)
Didnt realise, soz07:46, August 15, 2016 (UTC)
I guess so. We currently have a Bomb Objective page, so I think the info would fit here. 13:51, August 20, 2016 (UTC)
Nah, I dont think it really suits it. The Bomb Objective is where the bomb is planted, but NOT the bomb itself. The page created for the "Bomb" should be able to link the Bomb Objective. Example being "When detonated, the Bomb deals 'x' damage, damaging or killing all players within its blast radius", something the Bomb Objective itself doesnt do. Also, go back and take a look at the Bomb Objective Page and take a look at the Trivia: It regards the bomb press of '115' in Black Ops which has nothing to do with the Bomb Objective, but is in regards to the BOMB ITSELF.
15:21, August 20, 2016 (UTC)
- Ah, so if you have such points in mind then yeah, feel free to create a page for it. 15:35, August 20, 2016 (UTC)
- okay, Uh...question, what category would it go under? Weapons? or something else?
03:53, August 21, 2016 (UTC)
- Lethal equipment for each game it appears in (e.g. Category:Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Lethal Equipment). 10:27, August 21, 2016 (UTC)
- Thats all I need to knowm thank you! I'll let you know how it goes once im done with it. 10:33, August 21, 2016 (UTC)
- Whelp, its done. What do you think of it? http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Bomb 04:19, August 22, 2016 (UTC)
- Whoa. I know they may not be as active, but something as big as this should have gone though the COD:AFD for article splitting. Not a discussion between two people. 12:34, August 22, 2016 (UTC)
- Oh sheesh, its fine, its not too much of a big deal or change. As a matter of fact, I was actually surprised that such an article for the topic was not even present in this Wikia for so long due to the fact the bomb has been present in 95% OF COD GAMES IN EXISTENCE and something as small as the Bomb Objective somehow has its own page. It should have had its own page ages ago. 12:38, August 22, 2016 (UTC)
- No, it is a big deal. This is a large chunk of information that has been removed from one page to another. If this is information that hasn't had another page for this long then it's likely that information was supposed to be merged. Big changes like this are meant to go though an AFD. 12:44, August 22, 2016 (UTC)
- Aight, Aight, fine, ill take note next time. Most likely a bad habbit of mine, my apologies. I spend most of my time on the Battlefield Wikia where I have earned special administrative privileges (but not the Rank of Beuracrat or Admin) where I can add or delete pages upon the press of a button. Over there its much more quieter than the CoD Wikia (not as active). In such cases all I need to do is get the go-ahead from at least ONE admin and Im good to go with merge/deletion, no democracy needed. I get where your comming from since a lot of people are active here and things are appropriately more strict. Too bad I have not yet earned such powers here, maybe one day. :/ Forgive my tresspasses.
- 12:51, August 22, 2016 (UTC)
- Also, its seems Cpt. Miller and UltimateNinja, two Top-Brass people here seem good with my actions. Including me, that makes three agreements at least. You can go around and ask some other Top-Brass admins here and see what they think of it. 12:53, August 22, 2016 (UTC)
Just dropped by to ask where you got those pictures of the Infinite Warfare attachments. That, and if you've seen any screencaps of any of the new weapons in their menus. That's all, and thanks for reading. Louis Bancroft (talk) 17:40, September 5, 2016 (UTC)
I sourced those images to the Multiplayer Overview trailer. Go back to the pages and check the citation. And no, I dont have access to the COMPLETE menu, I only got them from screen shots in the trailer. Very HD.22:15, September 5, 2016 (UTC)
I don't know if you were outright vandalising or not when you made this edit but Nuketown has never been in MW2 and never will be in any Infinity Ward CoD barring a miracle. I assume you made that edit in good faith not realising that the videos or other proof that you will have seen was just a mod.
Anyway, keep up the good work, you're an excellent contributor, just one minor slip-up is nothing to worry about.13:32, September 24, 2016 (UTC)
As far as I'm aware, there wasn't any decision as to what we needed to do, as most of us weren't expecting many changes between the two versions. You could always create a new section on the page, and make a subpage (i.e. "All Ghilled Up/Differences in Remastered" or something like that) for levels with significant difference.
Alternatively, there could be a page simply for the differences between the original and remastered version of the game, much like there is for differences between current and last gen games and differences on the Wii. That actually may be the best course of action, if there that many differences between the games. And, like you said, I don't think creating another page for the remastered version just because of the changes would do much good, as it'd be fairly redundant. Conqueror of all Zombies (talk) 14:23, October 4, 2016 (UTC)
True. Thanks anyways23:26, October 4, 2016 (UTC)
hey, I was wondering, are you going to add the other perk bottles?
I would LOVE to see the others made to belike that.
Yeaaah....problem is I didnt make them :( (whoops)
I can so far managed to find 3 of them and thats all.
(talk) 12:59, December 4, 2016 (UTC)
Modern Warfare Remastered Pictures
Hey Less, can you do me a favor? I know you can access the game files of games and all that, and I was thinking (if you own the game) if you could try to re-creating the loading screens of all the maps in MWR, like finding where the shot was taken and trying to a take a clear picture without the HUD in it? Or if you can try to extract them from the game files without the text on them? That'd be great.14:16, December 20, 2016 (UTC)
Funny you should bring it up, because I just got the Pirated Copy of MWR yesterday! Hell no, I'm not falling for that trip market bundling trick Activision is making, oh no.
Regarding Loading screens, can you be more specific? Like in what way is to be used? Infobox Image? Gallery?
Also, another thing, I got the shortcut image icon for the MWR game and if you guys want to, can use it for the top left icons to replace the original CoD 4 with a link to the CoD4R is you wanted to:
15:19, December 21, 2016 (UTC)
That's a good corner image. For loading screens, I'm referring to something like this for the remastered maps. When you load a map up in MWR, it has a few things: the team logos in the top left, the name of the map and mode you are playing on to the left, a tip on the bottom left and a loading bar to the bottom right. If you can find those loading screens WITHOUT those texts, that's what I looking for (for the infoboxes btw). 6:34, December 21, 2016 (UTC)
You mean multiplayer? Oh crap, The Bootleg Copy I got only gave me the Single Player Campaign which I wanted but obviously no multiplayer, you're gonna have to go ask another member of the PC Master Race for that.
I can give you a tip on how that image could be captured. The second the game starts loading, the user must quickly as possible do a CTRL+PRNTSCRN just before the loading bar and tips appear. The same thing goes for every other CoD game.
Im not sure whether the same can be done for consoles since I dont own one, and never did.
Years ago, there was a forum about merging/splitting some articles. The discussion about ACR vs. ACR 6.8 was brought up, and the outcome was to split them (I gotta say that during that time I was completely against the idea of splitting them). The main arguments that popped up are the fact that the ACR 6.8 functions differently, namely having higher damage, lower recoil and a different cosmetic style, and mainly differing by the fact that it uses 6.8mm rounds compared to the 5.56mm round for the ACR. There was also the argument that it was made by different companies (game files of the ACR refers it as "Magpul Masada" and the ACR 6.8's model has "Remington" written on it), but I gotta say that visually they both seem to be the Remington model. If you think that they should be merged, you can suggest this on AFD. 10:20, February 6, 2017 (UTC)
That's interesting. In such cases I would expect a gun like the Vector would be split long ago since it goes under different names as well as stats and physical appearance in all its different incarnations but it isn't whilst the ACR models have. If the public chose to agree to keep these 2 guns already split, then I think it would be pointless to ask for it to be merged on the AFD, alternatively, the same might not be said for the Vectors.
Are you the person who made another account similar to my name and re-uploaded your modded gameplay from MW3? Cause I seem to recall you and someone else doing that... 13:02, February 10, 2017 (UTC)
Due to your unacceptable behavior, you have been blocked for 1 week for making an alternate account to impersonate another user. You are welcome to come back and edit sensibly after the block is up; however, it is very strongly advised that you read and review our policies thoroughly before you start to edit again. If you believe your block is unfair you can leave a message on this page and an administrator will consider it.
Any more unacceptable behavior and another block will be issued. Thank you.
- 18:12, February 10, 2017 (UTC)
If you really feel strongly about it, I suggest making a forum over it. And, unless the videos follow Ahoy's route of almost purely looking at the statistics and making perk/attachment decisions based off of that, they're not a great replacement (even if the range demonstration is helpful). There's also the issue of how closely the information in the video matches the information on the page. And I don't think many around here would be happy to put videos of a guy who falsely claimed our information was wrong, even when we both had the right information and appeared to have never stated the wrong info in the first place. Conqueror of all Zombies (talk) 16:49, May 26, 2017 (UTC)
Please do not upload videos that are complete duplicates of what we already have. It unnecessarily clogs up the upload list and can be seen as a form of edit boosting.
20:39, May 26, 2017 (UTC)
My browser crashed half-way through my edits and I thought all progress was lost so I re-uploaded. apologies.
Question, I'm not sure what benefits can be gained for a user afrom 'edit boosting' so long as if any edits therein falls into the 'acceptable' category and not advertising, trolling or vandalizing.
What's he's referring to is that you keep re-uploading videos that have already been uploaded to the wiki.
I uploaded that video on the 17th of May, then you re-uploaded that same video a week later, with no differences to the file whatsoever aside from the name of who uploaded it recently. THAT'S what we're referring to. You've been doing it alot with other videos that I upload or someone else uploads that you didn't do originally. And my question... is why? What do you gain from doing this fetish thing?1:35, May 27, 2017 (UTC)
Due to your unacceptable behavior, you have been blocked for 3 days for video violations. You are welcome to come back and edit sensibly after the block is up; however, it is very strongly advised that you read and review our policies thoroughly before you start to edit again. If you believe your block is unfair you can leave a message on this page and an administrator will consider it.
Any more unacceptable behavior and another block will be issued. Thank you.
- You've been told in the past we don't accept videos with console commands in play. 15:51, June 9, 2017 (UTC)
- Check CoD Wikia policy and Manual of Styles, it does not specify the rule which I have somehow broken?
- I am attempting to improve walk through tutorial videos due to many being out-dated or of inferior quality.
- See Call of Duty World at War turorials. Following changes made:
- 1. HuD removed to ensure platform ambiguity (Audiences of different platforms may be confused if the tutorial is of a console which they do not own)
- 2. As it is a walkthrough, point is to show players how to complete the level or get from A to B. Taking damage actually slows down and effects the tutorial negatively. Inspect each reverted file and agin and it shows that the tutorial progressess normally. Additionally, there isn't specificed in the Wiki pociy or Manual of Style within each updates video as of which rule I ave specifically broken.
- Thanks. NotLessOrEqual (talk) 16:25, June 9, 2017 (UTC)
Is there any reason why, for a while, you've been changing some weapon icons into grayscale? (such as this and this). Furthermore, did you actually get this MP5 image from the game itself? Because it differs from the older revision in that it has a burst selector (unless the in-game icon was changed via a patch or something). 22:42, August 16, 2017 (UTC)
- Please stop modifying the images like this; what you've done to the AK-12 and APS pages is pretty much grayscale, and not "brightening" like you've claimed. 19:33, September 11, 2017 (UTC)
Update perk images??
hey, are you gunna update the other perks? like the one you did with speed cola and jugger nog.
would love to see the other perks updated! suchg as stamin-up :)