sorry, i had to. by the way, ive been meaning to ask lately, did you ever get to try the new need for speed, and if so what do you think of it? i decided not to get it because of the whole "online requirement" thing. RisingSun2020 (RisingSun's Talk Page ☀ Blog Posts ☀ Contributions) 00:22, June 23, 2016 (UTC)
Hey dude. I've got the Descent DLC on the Black Ops III on PS4. I've got the KN-44 Assault Rifle on Gorod Krovi Zombie map, and costs 1400 Points, just like other zombies map on Black Ops III. I just got some news for you, if you care. Marec2 (talk) 16:36, July 12, 2016 (UTC)
any word on that hot new weapon skin pack dlc???????
i cant wait to see what cod allows us to have this year!!! hopefuly they dont lock too much away in DLC. ill pay for it anyways tho lmao DLC skin pack customgrow420
—Unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168
Console Command Weapons ListEdit
NotLessOrEqual recently added a console commands weapon list, however, I'm not entirely sure it's neccesary, as other pages on campaign missions don't already feature it. I'm a bit unsure on this one, your thoughts? Capt. MillerTalk 10:02, August 5, 2016 (UTC)
- Why? Some players would like to see what weapons are available for use throughot the mission. Also some other stuff such as W1200 or M1911 which is not normally obtainable, could go into the trivia section. NotLessOrEqual (talk) 10:12, August 5, 2016 (UTC)
- Sidenote, Newer games with no console command access probably would not be necessary but I think it would prove beneficial for older games which has this feature. Players who are into modding may not having to search the web everywhere for the exact weapon codenames (which would prove a headache). Note that not all weapons can be spawned in any particular mission, thats why each console command weapon names have different combination of weapons. —Unsigned comment was added by NotLessOrEqual
Model 1887 in MW3 Edit
Re:Just a FYI Edit
- Well, I forgot to check the size of the page, so I'll let you handle it. Capt. MillerTalk 10:16, August 9, 2016 (UTC)
It's common courtusy to leave a message on a vandals talk page that they are blocked, and as I said in it, I'm leaving it there for reference. Viewing the talk page is quicker then looking at a block log. Capt. MillerTalk 03:20, August 15, 2016 (UTC)
Sysop page editEditSactage's last edit was in May. How does that still qualify him for Semi-active? I know his bot is here, but I don't think that much constitutes (also, some of the bot functions have ceased working, such as adding chat bans to CHAT/B). 21:18, August 16, 2016 (UTC)
- Also, since I noticed we have no additional text on the semi-active and inactive sections, I'm going to make a quick war room about it just so we have a more concrete way of saying if someone is semi-active/inactive (like time since last edit). Figured I'd let you know so you could chime in your thoughts on it when it's up. 21:25, August 16, 2016 (UTC)
I was thinking it would be appropriate to have a separate page for the "Bomb" which is used in game modes such as Search and Destroy, Demolition and Sabotage. Most of the information about it are stuck on the Search and Destroy when it should be in a separate entity. For example, you can plant the "Bomb" in the single-player Spec Ops mission in Call of Duty MW3 even though its not a game mode like Search and Destroy, what do you think? NotLessOrEqual 03:20, August 20, 2016 (UTC)
Could you get your bot to delete all the gunsmith camouflage images? The guy who uploaded them wants them all deleted because they all have the wrong name. He said in an edit summary that it was due to an error on his part, but I'm not entirely sure. Anyway, since it would take to long to rename/delete all the images, once your bot has finished, just notify him it's been done.
- I'm way to out of touch with what's changed here. Anyway, thanks for getting on that, really appreciate it. Capt. MillerTalk 11:52, August 31, 2016 (UTC)
Question. Do we no longer use the "For" template for resemblances anymore?19:48, September 4, 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks for sending me the forum link. 03:43, September 5, 2016 (UTC)
AK in Blac Ops Edit
Small detail for your COD IRL facts list. The AK47 in Black Ops also has a Type II style stock mounting bracket. I guess the in game AK is intended to pass for the AK-74 prototype, but the Type II stock probably is not even compatible with the milled receiver of the 74. Nanomat (talk) 18:51, September 7, 2016 (UTC)
Thanks for editing the gallery section on the Oni page! I just have one question,how did you make the gun model's background transparent (like which software did you use for that) and how did you seperate the Gallery section and Refrences sections from being mashed together? I'm a bit new to wikia editing so sorry if this sounds like a dumb question to you :p Matthew Miskiewicz (talk) 19:27, September 22, 2016 (UTC)
Rambo influence on COD Edit
Been watching Rambo III yesterday and found out some interesting things. The explosive tips for the crossbow in BO are based on the ones used by Rambo, which are actually just razorback 5 arrow tips with their protective cover on, which was handpainted with gold paint to resemble a warhead. The red dot sight used by the western weapons in BO is the Israeli made Falcon sight which was produced in the 1980s and was featured in Rambo III since the movie was shot in Israel. The knife in COD4 and BO is based on the Rambo II Knife. On another note, the railed weapons in BO have what looks like an early rail similar to the one used in Predator 2. The commando had normal modern looking rail in the early demo but it seems someone thought that it would be more oldschool to use the early 90s rail in a 60s game. Nanomat (talk) 14:48, September 29, 2016 (UTC)
MSR and extended mags Edit
The "machete" is called a "Nine Ring Sword" in game files, its Chinese name is 九环虎头刀 (Nine Ring Tiger-head knife) referring to the carving on the blade. The Katana is technically called "Military Long Knife" 军事长刀, however game files refer to it as Katana I believe. They also have a second variant of the crossbow as well (大黄蜂十字弩 "Hornet Crossbow") which looks a bit like the BO2 crossbow. The big sword is a Scottish Claymore, the Chinese name for it is the "Sword of Freedom". The game files for that refer to it as the "Slaymore" There is also Ballistic Knife now. Hope that helps! VMeyer (talk) 14:31, October 2, 2016 (UTC)
- The Hornet Crossbow is just a "bling" variant, it functions the same as the normal explosive tip crossbow. The players prefer the variant because it has a better iron sight. Sort of like that "bling" trophy system with the electric ball. Mostly its just for looks. Though the bling trophy system deflects 3 explosives instead of 2. Hornet Crossbow demonstration video http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTUyMTM4Njk1Ng==.html?from=s1.8-1-1.2
- Yea Sword of Freedom is correct. And about the Balistic knife, no thats not it. The knife held in 1 hand while the other hand "floats" is the Combat Knife that you get if you do not equip a secondary weapon - like Black Ops 2. The Ballistic Knife is the one that shoots a projectile blade. This is the Ballistic Knife. http://bang.qq.com/wenda/share/29189
- VMeyer (talk) 16:43, October 2, 2016 (UTC)
So that's how they work eh? That's how all the BO2 transcripts were able to be written. How exactly do I edit new ones into the other MW transcripts? EvErLoyaLEagLE (talk) 15:53, October 6, 2016 (UTC)
Due to your impeccable behavior and/or contributions, you have been re-awarded the Medal of Editing. You are a hard working editor, and you make the wiki proud. We applaud you for re-obtaining the title of User of the Month, and we encourage further editing from you.
Keep up the good work!
hmm alright then —Unsigned comment was added by Teoman311
I was replacing LeftyGamer's now privately listed videos with Ahoy's Weapon Guides and I came across "This page has been protected to prevent editing" while I was uploading his SPAS-12 and L96A1 videos. Do you know what to do in this situation?
discussionsEditForum regarding a new policy is up: Forum:New policy for discussions. 17:18, October 28, 2016 (UTC)
RE: BO2 imagesEdit
Hey, I'll grab some screenshots after I'm done with exams on Friday. I would get them earlier, but I managed to delete my 100% Black Ops II save somewhere down the line :D Yeebo (talk) 21:29, October 31, 2016 (UTC)
RE: AW imagesEdit
Of course I can provide more images! Although, I may not be able to get to that until tomorrow as I'm currently on vacation. Could you show me how to obtain menu icons as well? I'm not sure how to do that. ToonToons22 (talk) 18:00, November 1, 2016 (UTC)
Hey mate. Look, im sorry about the Mac's page, i though he is English (British), and his body color is black, thats why i writed his race to Black. If i write British-African or African-British, it will delete and write Black. I though it's good, but it's bad. So, im sorry about this.
Yeah, the Retribution's designation (SWC-141) is meant as a tribute to Task Force 141 and their role in the Russo-American War and WWIII. At least that's what I've read (multiple times, I might add), I can't really confirm it myself on account of the fact that I don't have IW. Conqueror of all Zombies (talk) 16:21, November 10, 2016 (UTC)
- The poster you got when you pre-ordered the game (at GameStop IIRC) gave us the confirmation IW is in the same timeline as the MW series. Picture Kalinine (talk) 19:51, November 10, 2016 (UTC)
- (Just to prevent any misunderstandings by whoever reads this, it turned out to be unrelated to the MW series.) 14:44, November 28, 2016 (UTC)
Call of Duty wikiEdit
Hello. What happened the Call of Duty wiki ? I've supprised for the new Call of Duty wiki's background, because the new Call of Duty game. So, the Call of Duty wiki's got the Call of Duty Infinite Warfare background ?
Do you get to the tempate district very often?
Oh what am I saying, of course you don't. 15:08, December 2, 2016 (UTC)
Imran Zakhaev's voice in SafehouseEdit
Hi. Imran Zakhaev's voice is different, from in Safehouse level, from Modern Warfare Remastered. I've watched and i heared it, that his voice is different, like in Call of Duty 4. If you listened in Youtube, you will hear his voice, this different from Modern Warfare Remastered and Call of Duty 4. It's trivial, i think.
MWR G3 battleworn Edit
Yeah it seems the M40A3 and the Remington 700 versions use fictionalized interpretation of that chassis you mentioned the same way the CQB bayonet is a fictionalized AKM type 2 bayonet. Nanomat (talk) 21:01, December 21, 2016 (UTC)
The CSG-12 in COD Online seems to resemble this particular Remington 1100 Tactical judging by the cutouts for a charging handle, ribbed barrel, tritium sights, slightly elongated handguard and overall greenish color. Here is also a version with the pistol grip/stock setup seen in game, note how the grip/stock is mounted exactly in the same manner. Just google "Remington 1100 Tactical". Happy 2017 :D Nanomat (talk) 16:45, January 2, 2017 (UTC)
Um yeah it seems you hit the spot with the Benelli, I found this one with a mag tube of the same length as shown in game and these pumping handles (handle & handle) look almost identical to the design we see in game, interestingly I have the impression that these are actually not meant to be pumped hmm. Nanomat (talk) 19:16, January 3, 2017 (UTC)
Except for the fact i asked CoD4 and he was perfectly fine with me adding them.
My reasoning is that, eventhough they are bare, "No Camo" is still a camouflage, and "No Attachments" is still an attachment.
IMFDB request Edit
Hello, since I don't have an IMFDB account I would like to ask you to mention there some things I found regarding Assassin's Creed guns, well I know it's not COD related butttt could not stop myself hahah. First there is a gun that is missing in the IMFDB page for AC3, it is the Scottish Flintlock which I think is based on an 18th century Russian flintlock, just google "18th century Russian flintlock pistol". The other thing is that the AC Rogue page claims that there is an enlarged Enfield Pattern 1853 model reused from AC4, but I think that the photo actually shows an enlarged Charleville muskets possibly reused from AC Liberation, note the two barrel loops and the unique one near the muzzle. Nanomat (talk) 18:23, January 18, 2017 (UTC)
Location of images Edit
I'm doing it in the map Station against a wall, i can switch to Genesis if that's required
ACR/ACR6.8 vs VectorEdit
Why is it that the ACR 6.8 and ACR pages separated but the Vector's are not? Each of the gun's functions and mostly the aesthetic designs are the same except for the name. Weapon stats are somewhat similar also. Should the ACR/ACR 6.8 be merged?
XM LAR & Kamchatka-12 Edit
It looks like the XM LAR was inspired by this stuff. The in game one has the FN LAR rear sight hybridized with DSA SA58 Para Elite Compact top cover, AG-FAL ergonomic grip, Magpul MAG 579 magazine which holds 10rd IRL but the game versions has 30 I guess? Also it has AR style mag release button and the left side of the mag well is mirror of the right side. The handguard seems to be fictionalized version of the DSA SA58 Para Elite Compact handguard allowing for gas block mounted front sight similar to the one in the article I mentioned. The stock looks like a simplified ACR stock. Overall, a frankenfal.
The Saiga has SLR-95 Thumbhole stock hybridized with standard Dragunov style stock, Ultimak ACR-2 rail (matches the shape and number of vent holes) which for some reason is depicted with two rows of vents similar to Vector Optics MNT-HGSG39 quad rail (here and here). The magazines are VEPR shotgun style. The charging handle (present on the left side despite that there is another one which is actually being used on the right) looks like ACR one, it looks like MWR has some ACR fetish. Nanomat (talk) 15:25, February 8, 2017 (UTC)
Naah, I don't think so. When I look at the XM all I see is generic FAL/ACR/DSA hybrid. The tigger guard is clearly FAL not imbel, the rear sight is specifically the LAR version. Considering the receiver is cleary FAL then this should be the base. Nanomat (talk) 15:40, February 8, 2017 (UTC)
Also has the same DSA SA58 OSW charging handle from MW2, though I don't know if the OSW and the para compact have different ones, I gues they have the same one. Nanomat (talk) 15:50, February 8, 2017 (UTC)
Aaaand another thing, considering the XM is quiet different in appearance from the fal and actually has unique name maybe it would make sense to separate it to its own article, maybe even the kamchatka. Nanomat (talk) 16:05, February 8, 2017 (UTC)
Yeah it looks exactly like HK416, it even has the little cylinder like thing above the mag well while in the M4 seems to be more square. It also has the same handguard as the M27 in BO2, ordinary AR pistol grip and UTG PRO AR15 stock. The mags seem to be loosely inspired by Hexmags. The foregrip looks like a hybrid between Mako, UTG and Tangodown grips. It is curious how amost everything even in the crazy COD online actually has some basis. Nanomat (talk) 18:31, February 8, 2017 (UTC)
Oh and another nitpicky detail hahah. I mentioned that the XM LAR's left side of the mag well is mirror of the right side and actually noticed that its shape is that of the actual LAR not the OSW or another fal, so this combined with the rear sight and the LAR trigger cements it as a LAR. Oh and btw here is the top rail cover which is somehow magically melded with the rear sight and the ACR stock has sling attachment loop like ACE M4 or ACE hammer stocks. Nanomat (talk) 19:58, February 8, 2017 (UTC)Well I definitely think it is an ACR stock, if you look closely youll see the packed cheek rest and the overall shape is the same, they just stylized it a bit with the bulkiness, also the receiver is far more bulkier than the actual LAR for that matter they just took some liberties I guess in order to make it look more super ultra tacticool bulky. My final verdict is:
Bulkier LAR receiver + bulkier ACR stock with the aforementioned sling loop + OSW handguard and charging handle.
It looks like Remington joined forces with DSA and made time travelling machine, went back in the 50s and made pact with the FN engineers to take over the world :D Oh and yeah I intend to join IMFDB at some time, but researching all these details doesn't give me any free hands to do it now hahaha. Nanomat (talk) 21:31, February 8, 2017 (UTC)Nanomat (talk) 20:24, February 22, 2017 (UTC)
Well all of those imbel paras seem to be just a deriatives of the DSA with exactly the same top cover and handguard of the DSA. For me personally the fact that the XM LAR is named LAR, has the lower receiver of LAR (while the DSA and its derivatives also have similar one it is safe to assume that they are based on the LAR) and it has the rear sight of the LAR melded with top cover which is clearly not the DSA one but and aftermarket one is enough to define it as simply LAR, oh and here is another little image from me showing the difference between DSA/IMBEL and aftermarket FAL top cover. Considering all this I dont see reason to dig into DSAs and derivatives when all of them are just derivatives of the LAR itself.
And yeah that Taurus is a good find. Here is the 5-vent one like in game. However, I think it has grips like the magnum from MW2.
And another discovery, the M60 in BO/BO2/COD4/MW3 has this airsoft flash hider, I searched if it is based on something real but it is negative on this one. Note that the MWR M60 has normal flash hider instead of the airsoft one. Oh and the BO page on imfdb shows and M60E4 pic instead of the appropriate M60E3 from the movie Commando which seems to have been the inspiration for the weapon. Cheers :D Nanomat (talk) 22:39, February 28, 2017 (UTC)
20,000 Edits Edit
3ish months ago, I mentioned somewhere that I would congratulate you on 20,000 edits. Well, here I am. I may be 194 edits too late, but better late than never, eh? Yeebo (talk) 08:00, February 10, 2017 (UTC)
I need help. Edit
Please can you join the live chat and explain how this wiki works? —Unsigned comment was added by PathOfSorrows
bad edit abuserEdit
This guy kept messing up the MW2 transcripts. This time he went onto Whiskey Hotel and Second Sun and went to rename Dunn as "Justin." We need to perma-ban this prick. EvErLoyaLEagLE (talk) 18:55, March 6, 2017 (UTC)
D-25S EditHahah, they continue to be creative with those MWR weapons. Here is a little image if you need to prove a point to somebody at IMFDB. And the charging handle seems to be inspired by this fictional design, interestingly I found it by googling "DMR rifle" so it looks like that is the method they use to design their weapons, just googling and mixing up the results. Nanomat (talk) 19:52, March 18, 2017 (UTC)
I think it is not possible to exactly pinpoint a real life equivalent of the gun because it is a fictional weapon with some inspiriations from here and there. For example the handguard seems to be a hybrid between two different geissele handguards and some details are placed on different than the real life thing places but overall the design influence is clear. As for the mag well it looks like it is hybrid between the 7.62x51mm HK G28 one and the FD338's (the vertical downward line) and with a completely fictional slot for the AR mag release. So the weapon overall is a fictional design taking some cues from these both guns, and I think that's the best way to describe it on IMFDB. Nanomat (talk) 16:49, March 19, 2017 (UTC)
- The rounded trigger guard of that Remington looks like it is buit-in into the receiver while the in game one is removable like the one of the G28, also the pistol grip and the upper receiver are different. But yeah, I agree that the naming of the frankenDMR might be inspired by that Remington. Nanomat (talk) 17:39, March 19, 2017 (UTC)
- Fair enough, but as I have shown in the image above, I think the handguard is Geissele Super Modular Rail HK. Also don't forget the fictional charging handle design. Nanomat (talk) 14:04, March 28, 2017 (UTC)
- Just found out that the receiver has some visual details from the KAC SR-25 rifle, check out the updated study image for details. Also as somebody pointed out on IMFDB "in the game files, the D-25S was referred as the DMR-25, which it was supposed to be a A&K DMR SR-25" possibly meaning this is the isnpiration for the D-25S nomenclature. Nanomat (talk) 17:18, April 28, 2017 (UTC)
- Fair enough, but as I have shown in the image above, I think the handguard is Geissele Super Modular Rail HK. Also don't forget the fictional charging handle design. Nanomat (talk) 14:04, March 28, 2017 (UTC)
- Sorry for taking so long to reply, but unfortunately, I can't find the DS. Still, I'm pretty sure we can confirm it with YouTube, and from memory, I'm almost certain it's called the MAC-10. Capt. MillerTalk 15:43, April 7, 2017 (UTC)
Equipment wiki + BOS14Edit
I made a new skin for the equipment wiki that I am developing so I need some feedback. What resolution do you view things on and what do you think about the new appearance of the wiki? Nanomat (talk) 18:57, April 7, 2017 (UTC)
- I also prefer the modern picture but the problem is that it is low resolution and doesn't fit well on displays above 1680p. And some MWR news, here you can see the new (or shall we say old?) attachments for MWR and here is the new gun. That new gun is gonna test our identifying skills :D It is called Bos14 and looks like the AKBP from COD Online. Is it me or it has some elements from the bullpup scar mockup? Nanomat (talk) 16:56, April 8, 2017 (UTC)
- That Troy Industries Battle Ax buttstock seems to be too short and most importantly it is a fixed tube mounted stock while the XM LAR's one is side folding. Another interesting info, I just saw "The KBAR-32 (referred to as AR57 in the game files" and googled "AR57 bullpup". Here are the results, it seems like the AR57 designation is from here and the design of the gun itself is based on yet another frankengun, note the absolute similarity to the in game model. Nanomat (talk) 14:54, April 16, 2017 (UTC)
Extended magsEditI'm a bit confused by your reasoning. Why are you removing the bracketed information of how much ammo a weapon has with Ext. Mags? I mean, we've had it since MW2 weapons. 16:06, April 8, 2017 (UTC)
- That makes sense. I think we used to have a reserve ammo section at some point. Not sure what happened to it. 16:20, April 8, 2017 (UTC)
are you REALLY sure that stuff like the Type-2 is referred to as the FMG in the game files for IW? Thanks
Weapons names within the game files for Infinite Warfare...Edit
Are you sure things like the Type-2 Assault Rifle and the Kendall 44 pistol called FMG and Glock respectively? Seems a bit sketchy (I may be wrong, however). Side Note : I remember looking in the "Recently Edited" thing for this wiki, and you mentioned the fact that the Kendall 44 looks very similar to a Glock, but isn't referred to as a Glock. The reason why is looks like a Glock is Kendall Ballistics is a company responsible for updating "old-world" 20th century designs and bringing them to an acceptable standard for the time period. They are responsible for the KBAR-32 (Kendall Ballistics Assault Rifle - 32), NV4, FHR-40... They're pretty much the only company that makes ballistic weapons in IW (an exception can be Fujiwara, as they made the HVR SMG). In short, it's called the Kendall 44 because KB took a Glock (either the model 17 or 18) and somehow modernized it. That's probably why its called the Glock in the game files. PS : Thanks for changing the thing about Machine Pistols. I clicked on the thing and it didn't really work, so I just left a note at the bottom. Thanls. MooseTheSyrupMan (talk) 22:17, April 16, 2017 (UTC)
MWR new melee weapons Edit
RE: Images Edit
Fang 45, Prokolot Edit
Allrighty ninja, tell me what are those weapons hahaha (list here). One is Fang 45 submachinegun which looks like some kind of HK and CZ BREN hybrid and the Prokolot pistol looks like some kind of Glock but what is with the Russian sounding name huh? Nanomat (talk) 18:39, May 2, 2017 (UTC)
- Yeah, it looks like it's
FAMAE SAF, particularly the modernized SAF-200 with modified handguard, slimmer stock, CZ BREN sights, AR A2 pistol grip, UMP45 magazine (and naming number) and the CZ EVO trigger guard you mentioned. The pistol is definitely Arsenal Strike One oddly having AR mag release button lol, the gun is Russian so that explains the Russian naming "Prokolot" which means "Pierced". I am wondering how did those guys manage to avoid being sued by Glock as Glock has a history of cracking down boxy pistols. On another note, I think that MWR now merits its own page on IMFDB, considering that it has far more weapons compared to COD4 plus all the weapon variants and the fact that there will be lot more guns. It's like entirely different game, as the fanboys lament everywhere "This is not COD4 remaster anymore, it's COD4 reimagined" :D Nanomat (talk) 12:35, May 3, 2017 (UTC)
- Regarding the mag well composition and the mag itself, here is another likely candidate. An AR type smg platform with UMP style magazines known as LWRC .45. If you inspect the bolt holding the lower and uppers just above the mag well, the mag well itself and the overall shape of the gun it looks very similar to the Fang. Nanomat (talk) 19:24, May 12, 2017 (UTC)
- And the handguard is similar to Angstadt UDP 9mm, notice the two screws located in the middle of the handguard, the thing is that it also has the straight vent holes (unlike the curved ones of the Angstadt) and the rail attachment points cover panels or whatever they are from this particular IC-PDW photo (better pic). Whew, very nitpicky details, but I thing the mystery of the Fang is solved, what a son of Frankensmgpdw :D Nanomat (talk) 20:31, May 12, 2017 (UTC)