- "The Variety Map Pack DLC for Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® Remastered includes four remastered multiplayer maps from the original game, plus 10 Rare Supply Drops from the all-new Operation Lion Strike. Grab some new gear and re-experience some of the most epic maps in Modern Warfare history!
Re-experience some of the most epic maps in Modern Warfare history, including "Creek," a wide-open village ravaged by combat where concealment is the difference between life and death; "Broadcast," an enemy communications building with confined corridors and wide-open parking lots; "Chinatown," a foggy downtown district, lit by a full moon and the neon glow of the city; and "Killhouse," a tiny warehouse for maximum close-quarters chaos."
- — Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered store description.
The Variety Map Pack is the only DLC for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. It was first released for the Xbox 360 on April 4, 2008. Then on April 24, 2008, it was released for the PS3. The PC version was made available on June 5, 2008 for free, as part of a sponsorship deal with NVIDIA. On March 5, 2017, Activision announced that the Variety Map Pack would be released for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered on March 21, 2017 on PlayStation 4, and on April 20th, 2017 on Xbox One and PC. Purchase of the map pack on Modern Warfare Remastered contains 10 Rare Supply Drops containing items from Operation Lion Strike.
The Variety Map Pack was also released a playlist with four gamemodes to be played exclusively on the maps involved in the pack - Domination, Team Deathmatch, Search and Destroy and Hardcore Team Deathmatch.
A large sized map that is seen in the level "Charlie Don't Surf". The parking lot outside is filled with cars and a roof over top the middle of it. A small building is located on the edge of the building where snipers can pick off the soldiers on the second floor of the TV station and shoot enemies near the windows and on the balcony.
The largest map in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, great for players who enjoy long range combat, but it won't be popular for players who enjoy getting in close. The map is divided by a ravine with small houses on each side. A waterfall is on one side with tunnels along the ravine wall. The hills leading to the ravine are lined with sandbags to protect players from the constant fire from long range weapons. The ravine is narrower in places where the player needs to jump or go down a path to the middle.
A remake of the popular Carentan map from Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2. Almost exactly the same layout, the remake features the map taking a "Chinatown" perspective instead of a French village. The map is a medium sized level similar in size to Crash and the closeness of District. Most of the buildings are opened up so one can go in. Snipers will have problems as their hiding spot will be soon discovered and they will be killed. Players will soon find spots where grenades can lob over buildings to kill the others on the other side. Close quarters weapons will be useful as an enemy could be around any turn. Due to the map being heavily built up with tall buildings air strikes will need to be quite precise to be effective.
A very small map inspired by the tutorial level "F.N.G.", it is a symmetrical map with an observation post in the middle. The buildings are wooden and the walls are concrete. It is home to some very fierce battles as the map is only just larger than Shipment. Team Deathmatch games will be fast and deadly.
- Two maps, called "mp_invasion" and "mp_favela," were cut from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare's Variety Map Pack, but were both included in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
- After Hardcore Headquarters was released, another mode was also released called Variety Map Team Deathmatch, but was taken out after a while.
- The Game of the Year and Modern Warfare Bundle editions of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare includes the Variety Map Pack.