- "Abandoned Soviet base. Perfect for team games."
- — Black Ops Map Description
WMD is a large multiplayer map featured in Call of Duty: Black Ops. WMD is also available in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 where it was added as part of the Black Ops Pass during Operation Spectre Rising.
WMD is an excellent map for larger game battles such as Ground War. There are two main sniping posts on this map; the first is located by the A flag and is near the Spetsnaz spawn zone on the gas tanks (look for the sandbags facing the road). The second is located by the C flag and by the Black Ops spawn zone and is accessed by using a ladder, but is a bit harder to find. There is usually at least one person in these sniping spots, and this is one of the ideal maps for players with Ghost. This map can be played on with all classes, though medium-ranged weapons typically fare best. Sniper rifles in the hands of experienced players can be devastating in this map, as besides the more well known sniper spots there are various nooks and crannies that prove advantageous to snipers (e.g. the walkway above the large gate leading to B from C). The L96A1 and PSG1, because of their high firepower, are the most useful rifles to use.
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty: Black Ops
- At random times, a freight train passes along the railway line to the west side of the map.
- The locomotive's wheels do not move.
- On local split screen, one player will be able to see the train and the other won't.
- On the Wii version, one of the windows in the center missile building is closed, providing fewer traversal options through the building and obstructing most of the view of the A flag side of the map.
- There is a small vent in this map, near the Black Ops spawn, where the RC-XD can drive through without getting shot to reach the other end.
- If looking up one of the mountains, the player may see a map that resembles Array, another arctic map. A satellite dish similar to the one in Array can be seen. When on theater mode on free camera, it is notable that the surrounding landscape in Array up the mountain is similar when on free camera mode in WMD.
- On the bottom floor of the central warehouse, there is a space capsule similar to the one in Launch, albeit smaller.
- There are canisters of Nova-6 located throughout the warehouses.