Warlord is a Tier 2 Perk that appears in Call of Duty: Black Ops. It is the rough equivalent of the Bling Perk from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, allowing two attachments to be equipped onto the player's primary weapon. Additionally, due to to fact the nature of the perk effecting only the weapon but not the player (with the exception of its Pro version), other players picking up weapons with 2 attachments while having Tier 2 Perk other than Warlord in Multiplayer will gain the benefits of two Tier 2 Perks simultaneously (e.g players equipped with Sleight of Hand/Pro picking up a weapon effected by Warlord will grant them a weapon with 2 attachments while retaining the benefit of decreased reload time/reduced A.D.S time). This is the only perk in the game to have these benefits. As such, it is recommended to pick up and used any dropped weapons with 'Multiple Attachments' if the player has other Tier 2 perks other than Warlord/Pro equipped for different combinations.
Warlord includes a few exceptions in which attachments the player can or cannot use in combination:
- Warlord will not take effect when the player has an underbarrel attachment other than the Grip, such as the Masterkey, Grenade Launcher or Flamethrower.
- Only one sight can be used.
- Combining Dual Mags and Extended Mags is prohibited.
- Dual Wield cannot be used with anything.
- Rapid Fire is unusable with Extended Mags or Dual Mags.
The Pro version allows the player to have one extra lethal andtactical grenade, excluding the Willy Pete smoke grenade. This makes Warlord Pro ideal for making high use of one's grenades, especially if combined with Scavenger Pro, which allows for the replenishing of both lethal and tactical grenades.
Warlord is most commonly used on weapons with many attachments available, such as assault rifles and SMGs. Warlord's usefulness decreases with weapons that have less attachments on offer, with the base version of Warlord being practically useless on all of the shotguns and the G11.
- Two Attachment Kills - Get 150 kills with a weapon with two attachments.
- Grenade Kills - Get 10 Frag or Semtex kills.
- Grenade Multi-Kills - Get a multi-kill (Can be a double or triple kill) with any grenade, including tacticals.
- In the game files, this Perk is named 'professional' and 'professional pro'.
- Warlord is used in Combat Training by bots, but the bot will have one or zero attachments on their weapon.