Weapon Specialists receive weapon handling and damage improvements to make them the most adept at killing cryptids. By default, all bullet weapons will deal twenty percent extra damage for all weapon specialists. Further upgrading the class will speed up aim down sight times, weapon swapping, strafe speeds, and increase damage even further.
The Weapon Specialist is a great pick for those that like to use LMGs, as said class of weaponry suffers from bad handling characteristics, but provide a lot of ammunition on tap to fully abuse the enhanced bullet damage. On the flip side, the Weapon Specialist sees a lot less benefit on SMGs, which already have good handling characteristics. Although said weapons are definitely made better with Weapon Specialist, their upside is far smaller than those with larger magazines and better ranged damage.
The Specialist Upgrade for the Weapon Specialist will grant the user bottomless magazines for a brief period of time, while also receiving another large bullet damage increase. Nearby teammates also receive damage increases. This specialist upgrade is best activated when fighting a heavy opponent like a Rhino or Mammoth, or to inflict extra damage to a boss or barrier hive.
- 20% more bullet damage.
- +1 (Cost: 1): Swap weapons faster, move faster while ADS, and fast offhand use.
- +2 (Cost: 1): Faster ADS.
- +3 (Cost: 2): Faster reloading.
- +4 (Cost: 3): 50% more bullet damage + less spread.
- Specialist Upgrade: The Specialist has an adrenaline rush, greatly increasing damage done, and keeping magazines completely topped off. Nearby allies also receive a modest damage boost.