- "UAV Recon spotted enemy tanks headed this way. Private West, get on the roof and hit 'em with the Javelin!"
- — Lt. Vasquez to West, seconds before his death.
Biography[edit | edit source]
West is noteworthy in that he is the only non-player character seen carrying the Javelin missile system. If the player eliminates the majority of the OpFor soldiers on the bridge before Vasquez orders for West to advance, he will move up, kneel down, and sit still for several seconds before being killed by gunfire. Even if the player is miraculously able to finish off all the enemy forces on the overpass, Private West will still be killed by a scripted grenade event after a short amount of time.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- He is named after and voiced by Jason West, the project lead on Call of Duty 4.
- If the player were to look closely at his face after he dies, they would see that he is moving his mouth as if he were talking.
- Some other randomly-generated Marines may also have the name "Pvt. West".
- If Jackson is not near West at the time of his death his body will disappear.