- "EAT! Eat until you can eat no more!"
- — Richtofen, upon using the Demon Gate bow
The Kreegakaleet lu Gosata'ahm (Decay Portal), also known as Demon Gate is one of the four upgraded bows. Upon shooting a charged arrow a portal will appear, and several skulls with emerge that stall and eat nearby zombies for a brief period of time. Up to three portals with their accompanying skulls can be present at once, after this the first portal fired will close when a new one is opened. The zombies cannot be walked through while stalled, only when dead. The Panzer is also stalled by the skulls, and immobile while doing so, making this bow effective for dealing with the Panzer.
How to Obtain
- "Broken souls? Sacrifice? I think I can manage that."
- — Dempsey, during the upgrading process
With the Wrath of the Ancients at hand, the players can release a demon trapped in an urn to empower the Wrath of the Ancients. With each step of the process, the demon will speak to the players. If during the quest, the player rebinds with another upgrade path, they will be unable to interact with the steps until they rebind to the correct quest.
- Acquire arrow - Within the gate room containing the Double Tap Root Beer Perk Machine, the glyph of the Demon Gate is painted onto the wall facing the path into the lower courtyard. Shooting it with the Wrath of the Ancients will destroy the brickwork and drop the Demon Gate broken arrow and cause the Demon to vocalise itself. If another quest is bound after this, the arrow will be replaced here.
- Release me - The demon wishes to be released to help, within the center of the Trophy Room, a section of tile will start glowing purple. Melee killing a zombie over it will cause the tile to break open, revealing an urn. Interacting with the urn will cause it to rise out of the ground and create a summoning circle.
- Return that which is scattered - The demon wishes for what has been scattered to be returned to him, This is referring to six Keeper skulls around the map. Interacting with them will cause them to glow purple before returning to the summoning circle.
- On the way up to the Mule Kick Perk Machine from the Tram station, on the short broken wall by stairs before the circular area containing the perk machine.
- Church courtyard on a righthand balcony window leading from the Upper Courtyard Vesper wallbuy.
- Samantha's room in an opened toy chest against the leftmost wall.
- On the broken wall to the right of Double Tap.
- Within the undercroft Teleporter room, placed in the right hand sink.
- In the left most cargo truck in the Rocket Test Site, placed in the cargo bed.
- The broken souls must be sacrificed in my honor - With the skulls returned to the circle, the demon requires sacrifices to made. Those of "broken souls", meaning a zombie with their legs removed. A total of six are required to be lead into the circle, which a skull will float up to them and kill them before returning to the urn.
- They know my name - With the sacrifices done, the demon will provide a hint to their true name, being that of the crests of the six knight statues in the Armoury. It will state three out of the six crests. The crests being Griffin, Heart, Door, Stag, Crown or Horn. The urn can be shot with the Wrath of the Ancients to cause the demon to repeat the hint.
- Interacting with the statues will cause them to showcase the glyph that is in correspondent to the crest.
- Killing zombies post this step will cause them to uncommonly drop glyphs which will be added into the summoning circle, but only the glyphs that are correspondent to the crests said by the demon are required to reforge the arrow.
- With the three glyphs that correspond to the hint, shooting them in the correct order will create a pillar of flame to burst from the center of the circle, allowing the broken arrow to be placed in it to be reforged. If the name was incorrect however, will cause the demon to react violently and cause the skulls to spin around the sign for a time before settling above the glyphs again with the name reset.
- That is my name - Take the reforged arrow to the Undercroft and to the pyramid, placing it in the box with the Demon Gate glyph. It will start absorbing zombie souls, with enough allowing the Wrath of the Ancients to be placed in it. After collecting 20 souls the players needs to press the action button on the glyph. the upgrading process is completed and the Kreegakaleet lu Gosata'ahm is be available for use.