- "3-round burst assault rifle. Strong damage with a fast burst cycle rate."
- — In-game description
The XR-2 is a bullpup three-round burst assault rifle featured in Call of Duty: Black Ops III. It is one of the few burst-fire weapons that continuously bursts while holding down the trigger.
Campaign[edit | edit source]
Report[edit | edit source]
The most recent of the "Experimental Rifle" series, the XR-2 is a versatile rifle designed for the most dynamic of combat scenarios.
Utilizing the unique "double-hop" bolt carrier design perfected by Commander Winston M. Rowland in the XR-1 series, the XR-2 is capable of long-range power and precision in a compact, highly maneuverable frame.
The XR-2 omits full-auto and selective fire for a three-round burst trigger group, optimizing for precision shooting over pure volume of fire. Supporting a tremendous array of attachments and customizations, the XR-2 is an ideal choice for a highly adaptive gunfighter.
Specifications[edit | edit source]
- Ammo: .308mm
- Length: 720mm
- Weight: 3.3kg
- Barrel: 460mm
- Production Years: 2064 - Present
- Country of Origin: United States of America
Multiplayer[edit | edit source]
|One of our forward unit pages is pinned down and needs our expansion!|
It is requested that this article, or a section of this article, needs to be expanded.
Add to the discussion on what needs to be improved, or start your own discussion on the talk page.
Because of its auto-burst nature, it is effective at all ranges, moreso at longer distances than other assault rifles because of the accuracy of its bursts and lack of major recoil.
In close quarters it remains useful, though not as effective as automatic weapons purely because of the burst fire - however it fares better than its burst-firing assault rifle counterpart, the M8A7, which does not auto-cycle its bursts.
Attachments[edit | edit source]
- Reflex (unlocked at weapon level 2)
- Quickdraw (unlocked at weapon level 3)
- Grip (unlocked at weapon level 4)
- Recon (unlocked at weapon level 5)
- Suppressor (unlocked at weapon level 6)
- High Caliber (unlocked at weapon level 7)
- Varix 3 (unlocked at weapon level 8)
- Stock (unlocked at weapon level 9)
- BOA 3 (unlocked at weapon level 10)
- Laser Sight (unlocked at weapon level 11)
- FMJ (unlocked at weapon level 12)
- Thermal (unlocked at weapon level 13)
- Fast Mags (unlocked at weapon level 14)
- Extended Mag (unlocked at weapon level 15)
- ELO (unlocked at weapon level 16)
- Long Barrel (unlocked at weapon level 17)
- Rapid Fire (unlocked at weapon level 18)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Concept art[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There is a computer in the map Gauntlet, in one of the buildings located in the urban area, with several extra screens extending out from it. If one uses Theater Mode to examine them closely, they will see a picture of early Call of Duty: Black Ops III gameplay from October 2014. The XR-2 can be seen on the screen, but it is simply known as the "AR AUTO-BURST".
- Like the 48 Dredge, the caliber is listed in the Data Vault as .308mm, which would be a tiny round to use and far smaller than the bullets actually depicted in the magazine. It is likely a typo and meant to be listed as .308 caliber (which is a measurement in inches).