- "Experience some of the most thrilling maps in Zombies history in their full HD glory, including Shangri-La, a legendary shrine lost in an exotic jungle where the undead lurk within a treacherous labyrinth of underground caverns; Kino Der Toten, an abandoned cinema packed with swarms of Crawler Zombies and fiery traps; Shi No Numa, a swamp of death in a sweltering jungle; Origins, an abandoned German excavation site, and more!"
- — Official Description
Zombies Chronicles is the fifth DLC map pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops III. It includes a total of eight different zombies maps from Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty: Black Ops and Call of Duty: Black Ops II, all of which have been remade within Black Ops III's engine and mechanics such as GobbleGum machines in every map and the Der Wunderfizz appearing in some of the maps. Due to change in game mechanics, futuristic Black Ops III-era weapons appear (with some old weapons returning), Double Tap Root Beer was replaced by its improved variant and Widow's Wine has replaced PhD Flopper. In addition, the Ray Gun Mark II has been added to all of the remade maps.
The Zombies Chronicles DLC costs $29.99, and is not included in the Black Ops III Season Pass.
Alongside the maps, Zombies Chronicles also includes twenty vials of Liquid Divinium, two all-new Whimsical GobbleGums, and five new exclusive Zombies Pack-a-Punch weapon camos, all of which are from the Zombies map Der Eisendrache.
As part of its reveal, an entire poster containing significant dates and events of the entire Zombies timeline can be accessed and viewed.
Headshot Challenges[edit | edit source]
First Challenge[edit | edit source]
- "Live now until May 23rd, Black Ops III MP and Zombies players have the opportunity to unlock exclusive in-game content with headshots...lots and lots of headshots.
Work together to amass a total of HALF a BILLION headshots and new content will unlock at 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% goal completion:
· Tier 1: 2 Yoji Shinkawa-themed calling cards, featuring Takeo & Richtofen.
· Tier 2: 2 Yoji Shinkawa-themed calling cards, featuring Nikolai & Dempsey.
· Tier 3: Animated Yoji Shinkawa-themed calling card, with all 4 classic Zombies heroes.
· Tier 4: Pack-a-Punch camo.
Good luck and remember...aim high."
- — 1st Headshot Community Challenge
On May 12th, 2017, a community challenge that involved the entire Black Ops III community on Playstation 4 and Xbox One earning a grand total of 500,000,000 headshots was added to both Zombies and Multiplayer, which rewarded the player with exclusive calling cards and a special camouflage regardless if the player has purchased the DLC or not. The challenge was active until May 23rd, 2017. The PC version of the game did not have to participate in the challenge, and received the rewards on May 23rd, 2017 along with a planned title update.
Second Challenge[edit | edit source]
- "Are you having a case of Déjà Vu?! Headshots are back! Live now in Multiplayer and Zombies, players can work together to unlock another exclusive camo! You know the drill, shoot lots and lots of enemies in the head.
Work together to amass another HALF a BILLION headshots and your prize will unlock once you reach the goal.
· Cosmic Pack-a-Punch camo.
Good luck and remember...aim high."
- — 2nd Headshot Community Challenge
On June 9th, 2017, another community headshot challenged was launched, with the prize being another exclusive Pack-a-Punch camouflage, this time being a green version of the Into the Void camouflage titled "Cosmic Camouflage", which is the Pack-a-Punch camouflage from the Zombies map Revelations.
On June 19th, 2017, the challenge was completed, and the Cosmic Camouflage was unlocked for everyone for free.
Zombies Maps[edit | edit source]
Achievements/Trophies[edit | edit source]
|It's a Trap!||In Shi No Numa, kill at least one zombie with three different traps in a single round.||15||Bronze|
|The Eagle has Landers||In Ascension, escape on all three lunar landers.||15||Bronze|
|Chimp on the Barbie||In Ascension, kill a space monkey with a fire trap.||15||Bronze|
|Time Travel Will Tell||In Shangri-La, acquire the Focusing Stone.||15||Bronze|
|Small Consolation||In Shangri-La, use the 31-79 JGb215 on each type of zombie.||15||Bronze|
|Cryogenic Slumber Party||In Moon, complete Richtofen's Grand Scheme.||15||Bronze|
|Ground Control||In Moon, prevent each excavator from breaching the base in one game.||15||Bronze|
|Little Lost Girl||In Origins, release Samantha.||15||Bronze|
|Overachiever||In Origins, complete all 4 Challenges in one game.||15||Bronze|
|I said we're CLOSED!||In Nacht Der Untoten, do not let any zombies enter the building during the first 3 rounds.||15||Bronze|
|Acted Alone||In Verrückt, headshot 20 zombies in the courtyard from the second floor of the Asylum.||15||Bronze|
|I've seen some things...||In Kino Der Toten, visit every location the teleporter can take you to.||15||Bronze|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Promotional Images[edit | edit source]
Concept Posters by Yoji Shinkawa[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- According to Jason Blundell, the poster containing all of the events of the Zombies storyline is actually an entire page from the Kronorium.
- Any reference of the word Nazi, its flags, or symbols (swastika, SS runes) that were seen in any of the original maps have been removed and replaced with various other symbols used by the German Military.
- The only exception to this is in the Mission Briefing of Verrückt and the radio in Verrückt in which Dr. Monty recites Verrückt's Mission Briefing.